Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever go to a movie premier in NY?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-27-04, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone here ever go to a movie premier in NY? I don't mean opening night to the public, I mean like a real premier w/ the stars, cast etc.

Doubt anyone has but I'm curious. If so what time did it start?
Old 06-27-04, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to 12 Monkeys Premiere in NYC, but to be honest, there really werent any celebs or anything as far as I could tell, mostly execs I think. I guess the "real" premiere was probably in L.A.

Great movie and great time none the less.
Old 06-27-04, 09:15 PM

I always wanted to. I'll give a Gmail invite to anyone who can get me into one! Are these usually just invitation-only (like Gmail) ?

Back when The Ring came out, I had heard that they were going to premiere it at a midnight screening at Lincoln Center to kick off a "Scary Movies" festival. Supposedly this was open to the public. But I forgot about it and blew it off, then I later found out that after the screening, Naomi Watts took part in an audience Q&A session. Plus, I heard she looked really hot in person. I was kicking myself!
Old 06-27-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Does a film premiering at the NY Film Festival count? I attended the Mystic Rver opening night last fall, with Clint Eastwood, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, Laura Lynley and Marcia Gay Harden there.
Old 06-27-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, I haven't, but my father's been to a couple premieres. Sat behind Spielberg in one. I think it was that Bruce Willis, Michelle Pfeiffer flick. Saw Tom Hanks and bunch of other celeb types.

Think it started around the late evening. I believe it was 7 or so. This was an LA thing thoguh. Basically lots of clapping for every single freakin name in the credit, that sort of thing.