Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Gamezandflix.com - Not Good at all.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-21-04, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joined the free trial on 5/10 and loaded up my queue. They had a bunch of games and DVDs in their database that I wanted.

But the top of my queue started with games. Well after a couple of days, the top 3 items in my queue, all games, were shown as being "ordered just for you."

Then a couple of days later, they show Fight Night as being shipped 5/11 while the other two games, NBA Ballers and MVP 2004 were still shown as being ordered.

I got a package in the mail on 5/17. Open it up and it's MVP 2004, not Fight Night. As of 5/20, the queue is still the same, one game (wrong game) shipped, two being ordered and then they moved Champions of Norrath as being Not Released.

I decided to cancel (they were planning to bill me on 5/25) but I was suppose to empty out my queue. Well I can't cancel on the site because the games shipped and games being ordered lists prevent the queue from being emptied and therefore you can't cancel.

I sent several emails to their "cancel" address and so far, no replies.

Well the credit card number I gave them is temporary and my credit card company allows cancellation of these temp. numbers and so far, it's not been charged.

So we'll see what happens in a week.

Apart from the problems I specifically had, it's very obvious they have no inventory of games. Maybe DVDs might be better but there's no reason to believe that they aren't doing the same thing they did with games: put a bunch of titles in the database but not have actual product until they get customers who request them.

Maybe they should spend money on inventory rather than TV commercials.
Old 05-21-04, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, they apparently ship out of Tenn. If they have a distribution center in CA, they're not using it (I'm in CA).

The return mailer actually ships to a post office and apparently the USPS is suppose to write the postage due so the company reimburses.

Hmm, I wonder if there are going to be higher claims of goods lost in mail.
Old 05-21-04, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the exact same problem! This place just flat out sucks! You have no way of telling if the game/dvd is available or not. Their site is slooooow as crap. They say they ship from CA, I'm in CA and it shipped from TN. I had one game shipped and the other two sat in my queue as being "ordered just for you". What's that crap all about? I think they actually do order the game/dvd from the distributor rather han having it in stock. My advice, stay away from these guys, because they're horrible. Just my opinion.