Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Treasures/Amazon.com, DVDempire

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-14-04, 06:57 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I preordered Mickey Mouse in Living Color 2 and the Chronological Donald from Amazon.com September of last year, and my order is still listed as open, Im concerned that Amazon has not received its shipment yet, I wish they would ship it tomorrow, and my order still reads expected shipping date 12/2003. I also ordered On the frontlines from DVDempire, and its still reads as open, If they dont receive the order today, it wont ship till Monday I wish I could have ordered from an online retailer that ships so that you can get your order on release date.
Old 05-14-04, 09:52 AM

Well --- Amazon is well known for not shipping until darn near release date, or even on or after. DVD Empire is well known for its very fast shipping; most often, the same day the order is placed if place before 4:00PM (I think that's the time).

Look - if you absolutely must have something on release day, I suggest going to a B&M. I'm heading to my local Sam's Club for the price and because I want to guarantee that my tin isn't dented.
Old 05-14-04, 10:06 AM
Cool New Member

Well some good news, I just got an email from DVD empire this morning stating my order on the frontlines has shipped. Happy day!, sometimes Big T Amazon does ship early, so Im still waiting I must be patient.
Old 05-14-04, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have all 4 tins ordered from Amazon but don't expect them to ship early. If you wanted them early it would have been better to order from DVDEmpire. They almost always ship preorders on the Friday before the release date. However you would probably need to choose Priority mail to get them on or before release date since Media mail can be unpredictable.
Old 05-14-04, 12:54 PM
Cool New Member

I did choose priority shipping for On the front lines from dvd empire. I just wish I had preordered the two from dvd empire, its too late now, since I sent a money order to Amazon. Ill know next time to order thru DVDempire, I was trying to save some money since Amazon had it cheaper. But at least Ill get one of them on time. Amazon updated my shipping estimate and they said its May 31st. I hope its not true, or I wont order from Amazon again. I ordered these sets from them last Sept!
Old 05-14-04, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I placed my orders at Amazon back in early August of last year. I went with them since they offered the best price and I don't mind waiting a few extra days. Anyway you should receive the DVDs well before May 31. The shipping estimates from my experience are always wrong.

I should ask if Amazon automatically updated your shipping estimate or did you call? My open orders still have December 2003 listed on the website.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-14-04 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-14-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got a shipment notice from Amazon today for MM in LC2 and Chronological Donald. (I placed my order in August, I think.) Just a few days ago, my order status page still showed the 2003 release date.
Old 05-15-04, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by rkndkn
I got a shipment notice from Amazon today for MM in LC2 and Chronological Donald. (I placed my order in August, I think.) Just a few days ago, my order status page still showed the 2003 release date.
That's great news!

I'm still waiting for my notice, and I've got all four discs (along with Criterion's The Lower Depths) showing some 2003 estimated shipping date from my inital 2003 order.
Old 05-15-04, 07:23 AM
Cool New Member

Happy!

I just noticed on the Amazon website, that the price went up which could only mean one thing. I checked my order and it shows that I can no longer change the order, so it will ship soon! All is well, I hope they will ship it out Monday or Tuesday so I can get it by this weekend.
Old 05-16-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Checked both of my Amazon orders this morning and it looks like 2 out of the 4 tins are now shipping soon. However they are only shipping one of the tins from each order. So far they appear to be preparing for shipment On the Front Lines and Mickey Mouse in Living Color Part 2. Anyone get a shipping notice from Amazon for Tomorrowland? Keep hearing rumors that particular title is hard to find. Hopefully Amazon will get them in stock.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-16-04 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-16-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also got notice today that On the Front Lines and Mickey Mouse in Living Color Part 2 had shipped from Amazon. Chronological Donald did not ship. My order dates to last year. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Order still shows - Delivery estimate: Dec 10, 2003 - Dec 11, 2003
Old 05-16-04, 07:41 PM

I just smell a huge mess coming between this and the apparent limited quantity for Tomorrowland. Crossing my fingers -
Old 05-17-04, 10:10 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

hmmm i got confirmation that mickey mouse and donald is about to ship , but not the other 2
Old 05-17-04, 10:45 AM

yea.........ok now all four of mine are shipping soon.........
and i just orderd tomorrowland on sat.....
Old 05-17-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Checked again today and now all 4 tins are shipping soon.
Old 05-17-04, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just checked - On the Frint Lines/Mickey Mouse in Living Color Part 2 shipped together then Tomorrowland shipped separately from the same from the same warehouse. Just waiting on Donald now
Old 05-18-04, 12:49 AM

I'm so annoyed to hear that people who just recently placed orders are shipping or have already shipped and then my order placed in October 2003 still hasn't shipped yet! I emailed them and they said that they don't ship out before the release date. Since tomorrow is the release date, I will email again to check on the order status. I am just a bit concerned since it still says shipping Dec 10, 2003.
Old 05-18-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered back in March of this year on Amazon.com and saw today that it shows all my tins as being in the shipping process.
Old 05-18-04, 08:48 AM

i will receive mickey mouse and donald today the others are shipping soon i assume today they will also go out
Old 05-18-04, 07:20 PM

My fears were confirmed about my order today when I sent an email and they said that there was a computer glitch with my 2 orders and so they didn't process correctly. Fortunately, they changed the situation and upped the shipping to 2 day delivery. Now one order shipped and the other is shipping soon. I am very impressed with Amazon's customer service.
Old 05-18-04, 08:21 PM

I ordered in january, but they now say they won't ship until at least 5/22 - this after I contacted them to see what the problem is. Apparently, if I waited to order now instead of pre-ordering in January, I would get this faster. Never had this problem with a pre-order at Amazon before, but I guess it is standard operating for them.

Not a good way to treat a frequent customer, IMHO...
Old 05-18-04, 09:59 PM

Well I walked into my local Walmart and bought them. Why people still order new stuff on the net is beyond me! Good luck guys! While your waiting to see if your dvd's ship, I will be watching mine... Hmmm maybe I will start watching Tomorrowland. HAHAHA! J/k guys.