Reload this Page >

Castlevania : Symphony Of The Night Question

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-15-02, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the Castlevania game that came out in 1997 for the PS1 if anyone remembers, anyway I'm stuck at entering 2 parts of the first castle and the GameFAQs that I've read are too confusing or don't talk about it.

1. At the top of the Chapel area (the top left of the map, first castle, with the really long staircase and bell towers), how do you get through the corridor that has spikes on the top and bottom and a Blue Door at the end. Now, I obviously you turn into mist or bat and fly through it, but I can't get open the Blue Door. I have the item that took me through the other 2 Blue Doors and I assume I have to be in vampire/human mode to push the door, but the spikes end up killing me everytime? Any answers?

2. According to a FAQ map, there is a section underneath the Clock Room. How do I get down there? Does it have to do with the Gold Ring with the inscription "Wear... Clock..."??? Maybe there is an entrance somewhere else?

Thanks!
Old 12-15-02, 01:51 PM

It's been a long time since I've played SOTN but I'll take a stab at it...

1. I remember there's some special armor that makes you invincible to the spikes. Don't remember what it's called...Spike Armor?

2. Seems like you need two rings, the other has an inscription like "...something ...something." (I dont' remember, but if you combine the two inscriptions it'll make a sentence) You need to be wearing both rings in the Clock Room as the clocks strike midnight (I think...) for the passage to open.

Hope that helps...
Old 12-15-02, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh geez, I feel stupid. I do have the SPIKE BREAKING ARMOR but I misread it as saying SPINE BREAKING ARMOR. Makes a lot more sense now! And the 2nd ring is in that corridor, which solves the Clock Room problem. Thanks!

One more thing, what does the ability to sit in chairs do? So far I've found nothing is gained from this. I managed to summon some ghosts in the Confessional, but they either weep and disappear or close a curtain and jab sharp objects into me.
Old 12-15-02, 02:50 PM

I don't think sitting does anything significant...it's just for looks I guess.
Old 05-17-04, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Castlevania : Symphony Of The Night Question

Originally posted by darqleo
2. According to a FAQ map, there is a section underneath the Clock Room. How do I get down there? Does it have to do with the Gold Ring with the inscription "Wear... Clock..."??? Maybe there is an entrance somewhere else?

You have to have the gold and silver ring equipped.

AHHHHH this game is making me mad, I finished the first castle but before I proceed to the 2nd castle, I wanted to get a full 100% for the first castle. Right now I am at 99.8% I am going crazy. I finally caved after a few days and downloaded a complete map of the castle but I cannot tell anything that I have missed.
Old 05-17-04, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've played this game like 30 times over 3 different versions.
Old 05-17-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What do you mean 3 different versions?

Percentage wise, how is that figured? Do you have to go in every room? Or kill ever enemy to fill your enemy list? Or collect every item? Or all of the above?

I wouldnt even nowhere to begin to figure out where I am missing that 0.2% on the first castle.
Old 05-18-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 different versions:

1) Got the game the week it came out in Japan.. played it several times (though we did have to look up a few things, like the gold/silver ring).

2) Got the US version. Confused by re-arranged and missing familiars.

3) Saturn version. 2 new areas. New weapons and items. Except the dash boots, it all sucked.

% is figured by castle exploration.