Reload this Page >

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Old 12-15-02, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

The world of late-night TV is about to get a much-needed kick in the huevos! Jimmy Kimmel Live, starring the Emmy-winning creator of Crank Yankers and star of The Man Show, premieres Sunday, January 26 after the Super Bowl. Jimmy Kimmel Live will air Monday through Friday at 12:05 a.m. — and yes, it's live — the first live nightly talk show in over 40 years! Jimmy Kimmel Live will feature celebrity guests and cutting-edge bands, with plenty of surprises, panic, and general pandemonium.

I did a search so I dont think is a repost. I cant wait for this to start. Jimmy Kimmel is great.

http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/...mel/index.html
Old 12-15-02, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well atleast Live in the East coast, us West coasters seldomly have live events.
Old 12-15-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does this mean he's leaving the man show?
Old 12-15-02, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
Does this mean he's leaving the man show?
yep. They've been looking for someone to replace him for a while. Not sure if they've found anyone yet.
Old 12-15-02, 11:58 PM

Antone ever listen to him when he was on kroq with kevin and Bean in the mornin as jimmy the sports guy?? He was lassic I still remeber when he ate a 6 month old piece of bacon that they tacked to the board on a bet. KROQ has had alot of guys roll through there. Adam Corrola is still on love line but he started as Mr. Burtchum on the morning show. The always have a killer xmas cd that they sell for $1.67 I still listen to them anyone collect those?? Favorite bit is Andy Dick's Santa's Yule Log and John Stewarts Hanson Holiday newsletter on Santa's Swingin Sack from '98

Last edited by drexel; 12-16-02 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-16-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone remember/ever hear of Opie and Anthony? I read that they were rumored replacements for hosts of the Man Show on Comedy Central, but due to their recent problems with the FCC and with their company, I believe it fell through.
Old 12-16-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Kroq has cranked out more then you could possibly imagen.

Mtv got a lot of old DJ's before carson daily. Adam corrolla was mr. Brichum on the morning show. As for those CD's the tapes were 1.67 back in the day, now the cd's were pretty cheap, this years was 6.99. Funny stuff called "Fo' Shizzle St. Nizzle"

Lets see how the show does.
Old 12-16-02, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I hope it's on in the St. Louis area, the local ABC station is run by a bunch of bastards who would rather show re-runs than some of ABC's programming. It's really frustrating...
Old 12-16-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Should be a good show. Too bad he can't bring the Juggies with him.
Old 12-16-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Deftones17
yep. They've been looking for someone to replace him for a while. Not sure if they've found anyone yet.
Replace him? Where'd you hear this? I listen to Loveline (Adam Carolla's radio show) nearly every night and the last time I heard him mention The Man Show was the day they had taped the last one and he said he was kind of sad about it. He did mention something about Comedy Central throwing a bunch of money at him to keep doing it, but he didn't say whether he took it.

He and Jimmy are really close friends, and if it weren't for Jimmy, Adam would probably still be a carpenter, so I'd be pretty surprised if The Man Show comes back.

I like the idea of making the show live. I hope Jimmy doesn't do something to get himself fired
Old 12-16-02, 11:58 AM

I still remember the day Jimmy called in for the 1st time on the Kevin and Bean Show in the early 90's. He seemed like a regular guy who felt that they needed someone to do sports on their show. Doc on the Roq was good for the news, but he didn't give the sports its due. When Kevin and Bean started in 1990, Kevin played a character called Mr. Sports who did the sports, but he lost interest in that character and they stopped doing any indepth sports reporting.

Do you remember when Jimmy and Michael the Maintenance Man had the boxing match, which if memory serves me correctly, Jimmy won that one. And I was also amazed when I learned that Jimmy was actually married all that time with kids who are at least 10 years old now. That crap about him living with his mom and his hand being his best friend really fooled me.

Ah the memories of the Kevin and Bean show. I remember when they were really happy to be the 13th rated morning show on the air in the early and mid 90's. Now they are rated #1 or near the top for English speaking DJ's and make over a $1 million dollars a year. How times have changed.

Does anyone remember Ralph Garmin's first appearance on the show? I believe it was when he was the roving reporter when KROQ had 4 or 5 people sleeping in the the new VW Bug in 1996 or 1997. It was a grueling 2 weeks staying in the Bug and Big Fat Tad the intern who started out as one of the people in the Bug, had to come out, because a blood clot was forming in his leg, because he wasn't moving around enough. And then in the end, when none of the contestants had quit, Kevin and Bean had a trivia contest to determine the winner and then surprised everyone by giving all the contestants a VW Bug. That brought tears to my eyes.

So if you like Jimmy Kimmel, then you have to thank Kevin and Bean for giving him his big break on radio, which then lead to all of his television success.

Chris
Old 12-16-02, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
As for those CD's the tapes were 1.67 back in the day, now the cd's were pretty cheap, this years was 6.99.
Damn it to hell. I paid 13.00 ordering it from them online. Where do you get them for 6.99?
Old 12-16-02, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17
Where did you hear that? He's the head writer on the show, and they don't even make that many episodes a season.
Old 12-16-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally posted by Roto
Replace him? Where'd you hear this? I listen to Loveline (Adam Carolla's radio show) nearly every night and the last time I heard him mention The Man Show was the day they had taped the last one and he said he was kind of sad about it. He did mention something about Comedy Central throwing a bunch of money at him to keep doing it, but he didn't say whether he took it.

He and Jimmy are really close friends, and if it weren't for Jimmy, Adam would probably still be a carpenter, so I'd be pretty surprised if The Man Show comes back.

I like the idea of making the show live. I hope Jimmy doesn't do something to get himself fired
I've heard Adam say that he was going to continue on w/ the show w/o Jimmy. I've also heard Jimmy say something about trying to find a replacement for himself.

I haven't seen anything confirmed, but both of these would lead me to believe that they are going to continue the show, just w/ someone else.
Old 01-26-03, 08:46 PM

<<Jimmy Kimmel Live>> [26.01.03]

Who's Watching?
It looks to be funny... I read an article about it in EW and he could get to be funny for awhile....
He said something about maybe having a TV on his desk monitoring Leno and/or Dave and telling us who was on so we could switch over if a good guest was on, classic!
I just hope he doesn't fall asleep in the middle of it...

AFTER ALIAS POST-SUPERBOWL

Last edited by raKim; 01-26-03 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-26-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
I really liked him on "The Man Show", so I'll definitely check it out. What sucks is that it will conflict with Conan for the first 30 minutes. Luckily Comedy Central plays the previous night's episode the next night. Thank God we'll finally have another choice between Leno/Letterman.

It will be interesting to see how he fares with live television. Coming from a radio background, to a taped basic cable show, to this will be quite the transition.
Old 01-26-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I plan to watch, but my listings still show this lame-ass local sports wrap up show slated to air after Alias (and local news).

das
Old 01-26-03, 09:34 PM
Banned

I hope I get to see it. My Digital Cable guide also says "News". Should be great, Jimmy is and can be funny as hell. Plus, Clooney, Sapp and Coldplay, nice first guests.

So tell me, this is actually going up against Leno and Letterman? If so, then hell yeah. They both suck, and the only late show I watch is Conan, but now .. Jimmy can be added.
Old 01-26-03, 09:46 PM

Looks like 11:PM CentralStandardTime
every nite!
Old 01-26-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally posted by effigy
So tell me, this is actually going up against Leno and Letterman? If so, then hell yeah. They both suck, and the only late show I watch is Conan, but now .. Jimmy can be added.
I believe (according to the TiVo) it will start at 12:06 Eastern weeknights, which would be the last 31 minutes of chin and gap, and the first 29 minutes of Conan.
Old 01-26-03, 09:50 PM
Banned

Damn, well thats not good. I guess I'll only watch the first 30mins of Jimmy on weekdays. They need to start it at 11:30 est!
Old 01-26-03, 10:00 PM

I just hope I'll be able to see it. My guide is showing Alias-News-Sienfeld rerun. I was really looking foward to the show and esp. Coldplay.
Old 01-26-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local station is running the idiot "local sports" show after the news (let's hear what the rednecks think about the SooperBowl yeeee-haaawww), then She Spies and Relic Hunter, instead of Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Could they suck more?
Old 01-26-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

When is it on in the west coast tonight? Alias just ended and they stated the news was next?
Old 01-26-03, 11:02 PM
Banned

I'm getting the news too. Ugh, it better be on after this.

Not a good way to start off the show, Jimmy. Won't get much ratings this late, and it being so confusing on when its on.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.