Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Heaven vs. Korean DVDS vs. YesAsia vs. DVDAsian

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 05-11-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured I would so a quick comparison on what seemed to be a debate a while back. Many said DVD Heaven was too costly on shipping and that Yesasia was better for free shipping. Also, being that it is very well known, Koreandvds.com is considered because of that fact alone. Also, I threw in DVDAsian just because. Well, I selected 2 DVDS from each site and here is the breakdown on cost of the movie with shipping charges.

DVD Heaven :

Equilibrium $ 16
A Better Tomorrow - HK Contemporary Collection $ 41.64
Subtotal: $ 57.64
Shipping: $18.00
Total: $75.64

Koreandvds.com:

Equilibrium $20.00
Better Tomorrow, A (3Disc) / Limited Edition $49.00
Subtotal: $69.00
Shipping: $14.10
Total: 83.10

Yesasia:

Equilibrium $19.99
Better Tomorrow, A (3Disc) / Limited Edition $54.99
Subtotal: $74.98
Shipping: $0.00
Total: 74.98

DVD Asian:

Equilibrium $22.95
Better Tomorrow: Limited Deluxe Box Set $59.95
Subtotal: $82.90
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $4.80
TOTAL: $87.70

Of course, this is just ONE breakdown. I thought this might be good to see where the better deals could be.

Also, I think it might be a good idea to post feedback from all sites, not just these listed, so others can get a good idea of where and where not to shop.

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 05-31-04 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-11-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDAsian has free shipping also. But, that doesn't matter since their prices suck on those titles.

DVD Asian:

Equilibrium $22.95
Better Tomorrow: Limited Deluxe Box Set $59.95
Subtotal: $82.90
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00(will say .01, but they won't charge it)
TOTAL: $82.90

Although, I will share a little secret. If you have spent some money at DVDAsian before, ask, and they will give you a discount on all future purchases. That usually makes them the cheapest of the bunch.

Last edited by flashburn; 05-11-04 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-11-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for some reason, i can't even open koreandvds' web....
is their server suck/down?

been like that for about 2 straight weeks now... well, a day or two works, but then back to nothing
Old 05-11-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
for some reason, i can't even open koreandvds' web....
is their server suck/down?

been like that for about 2 straight weeks now... well, a day or two works, but then back to nothing
Works fine for me.
Old 05-11-04, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was just there as well, works great for me. I was looking at their HK sale discs. Superbits for 9 and 10 bucks ain't bad! Especially Fifth Element. Shipping is lower than too on those HK titles.
Old 05-11-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

lasersedge.com also got few (very few) R2 & R3 titles...
but free shipping...

Dances with wolves R3 LE $39.95
Bruce Lee R3 LE Box set (book style) $69.95
subtotal $109.90
shipping $0.00
TOTAL $109.90

now, i don't know if they have coupon floading around....

the good thing about koren DVD is that they give you some kind of "cash/credit back" on every purchase (like Digital Eyes. net)
it may not be much, but it's something...
Old 05-11-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
I was just there as well, works great for me. I was looking at their HK sale discs. Superbits for 9 and 10 bucks ain't bad! Especially Fifth Element. Shipping is lower than too on those HK titles.
WHAT?!?! how come it doesn't work on my computer??

bastards... i want to place some more order, but i can't....

rats
Old 05-11-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
WHAT?!?! how come it doesn't work on my computer??

bastards... i want to place some more order, but i can't....

rats
In the cart they show two amounts, but you are given the lower amount. It is weird.

These are the ones they have one sale. I did see the Dralion listed but have a feeling it is not the Superbit (even though it is pictured). The description doesn't show it.

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 05-11-04 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-11-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

still can't open their web-site....

sigh
Old 05-11-04, 10:25 PM

Usually I try to open their site. It doesn't work (shows unavailable) and then I highlight the text at the top of the browser and hit "enter" to reload the site, and it miraculously comes up. There's definitely something weird going on, but this little trick usually works for me. Good luck.
Old 05-12-04, 01:21 AM
Cool New Member

I have to do that too. That is the weirdest server I've ever encountered and can't begin to imagine what makes it do that. I used to have to do the same thing regardless of OS, browser, or ISP but not for the last month or so.
Old 05-12-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I used to have to do that a long time ago. I would always get an error message. But I did something, not sure what (maybe reinstalling IE helped) and boom, no problems.

Try downloading another browser (such as Mozilla) at www.downloads.com
Old 05-12-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the issue is the configuration of their web server. Both www.koreandvds.com and www.cafedvd.co.kr resolve to the same IP address (211.216.52.241). koreandvds.com is English and cafedvd.co.kr is in Korean.

The server is likely doing some redirection based on the URL you typed in. Sometimes redirection doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It can be related to the browser you are using - if the webserver is sending back a "402 - Object Moved", your browser may or may not follow the directive.

I've never ordered from them or experienced the problem, so I'm not going to report it to their webmaster, but if somebody clues them in they could probably fix it by adding a second unique IP address to the web server and have one of the URLs resolve exclusively to it. If people can't get to your site, they can't buy your stuff!

On the "who would you order from" side, I like DVDAsian. They used to have better prices, but they're US based and their shipping is lightning fast. I ordered something from them on a Friday and I received it on Monday - CA to RI in 2 days is quite a feat.

Last edited by ehonauer; 05-12-04 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-12-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been having promlems with KoreanDvds and do not recomend them. In fact I denounce them profusely.
I placed a $250 order from them 6 weeks ago and they never shipped it. They ignore my e-mails and message board posts. They refuse to give a refund. This makes them a bunch of thieves in my book. Now I have to try and deny the charges on my credit card. Anyone else ever have to deny international charges before? Am I screwed since it's been 6-7 weeks? I will NEVER order from them again!
Old 05-12-04, 10:10 PM
Banned

Yes you can deny. This happened to me with another etailer but this one was from Taiwan. Just do it ASAP.

I don't understand what the problem is. If they're ignoring your emails and posts...how do you know they're refusing to give a refund? I would try contacting him via MSN messenger. He's on all the time.
Old 05-13-04, 10:56 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I've only had experience with YesAsia and DvdAsian, I only use DvdAsian when I can't get my stuff from YesAsia. Both have been reliable to me.
Old 05-13-04, 10:58 AM
Banned

Yesasia ROCKS. Nothing but great service from them. They just rarely have the titles I'm looking for.
Old 05-31-04, 06:06 PM

I'm trying to find Equilibrium at the best price. What is "DVD Heaven"? If you click on the link above it takes you to Yesasia; which doesn't even carry Equilibrium R3.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 05-31-04, 07:12 PM

So far I've tried Yesasia and DVDasian, and I have to go with DVDAsian. I ordered JSA and Oldboy from Yesasia, and while it was a few dollars cheaper than DVDAsian, they shipped it in a thinly padded envelope, and both boxes came slightly crushed. I ordered MY Sassy Girl and Il Mare from DVDAsian, and the shipping was cheap for extra fast Priority shipping, and they shipped it in a sturdy Priority Mail box.
Old 05-31-04, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by beefjerky
So far I've tried Yesasia and DVDasian, and I have to go with DVDAsian. I ordered JSA and Oldboy from Yesasia, and while it was a few dollars cheaper than DVDAsian, they shipped it in a thinly padded envelope, and both boxes came slightly crushed. I ordered MY Sassy Girl and Il Mare from DVDAsian, and the shipping was cheap for extra fast Priority shipping, and they shipped it in a sturdy Priority Mail box.
Yeah, DVDAsian usually get my orders. They have the best customer service, and the quickest shipping. A few times I have recieved damaged cases (looked like they were damaged before shipping), I emailed them, and they instructed me to send back just the case. They then refund the shipping it cost for you to your credit card, and send you out a new one.
Old 05-31-04, 07:21 PM

Can anyone give me a link to DVD Heaven? I can't find it in a Yahoo search.
Old 05-31-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.dvdheaven.com/index.php
Old 05-31-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jeff L
I'm trying to find Equilibrium at the best price. What is "DVD Heaven"? If you click on the link above it takes you to Yesasia; which doesn't even carry Equilibrium R3.

Thanks,

Jeff
I fixed the link..no idea how I screwed that up!
Old 05-31-04, 11:46 PM

Well that was an easy link. I don't like to guess links to sites anymore since my recent rash of spyware woes.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 06-01-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i have to recommend DVDAsian. Some of their prices are a bit higher but the shipping is cheap and really fast. I haven't had to deal with customer service yet so I can't comment on that but I have heard it was good.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.