Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Broken Lizard's Club Dread Trailer

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-17-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...read/high.html

Looks good
Old 12-17-03, 01:07 AM

Finally they release the trailer. Looks good. Can't wait.
Old 12-17-03, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, Super Troopers was awesome and it's the same people making it is i have high hopes for this one
Old 12-17-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, shweet!
Is Puddle Cruiser available on DVD at all? Super Troopers was the most unexpectedly funny movie since Office Space and Half Baked.
Old 12-17-03, 08:43 AM

Honestly it looks dissapointing to me.

I love Super Troopers so much, that I wish they would just make a Super Troopers 2. I dont know these guys by their real names, just Farva, Mac, Rabbit, Thorny, and Foster.

Hopefully I can get past that, because this could be good.
Old 12-17-03, 08:56 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
cool - looks good!
Old 12-17-03, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by whaaat
Oh, shweet!
Is Puddle Cruiser available on DVD at all? Super Troopers was the most unexpectedly funny movie since Office Space and Half Baked.
They're trying to get Fox to release Puddle Cruiser on dvd the same time Club Dread hits dvd.
Old 12-17-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by beefjerky
They're trying to get Fox to release Puddle Cruiser on dvd the same time Club Dread hits dvd.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-18-03, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super Troopers has become one of my 5 favorite comedies of all-time. It didn't think it could be topped but these guys may have done it already. Looks F'n hillarious.
Old 12-18-03, 05:42 PM

I know this might sound crazy but if I had a choice if I could see club dread right now, or rotk (sadly I won't get to see it till next weekend, I hate finals!), I would probably watch club dread

this has been one of my most anticipated movies since I heard about it

all that said, I was some what disappointed by the trailer for some reason, its not nearly as funny as the super trooper trailer was

...oh yeah did anyone else think it was kind of weird of them to include footage from super troopers in the trailer, I have never seen a trailer like this before

Last edited by ArchibaldTuttle; 12-18-03 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-18-03, 11:27 PM

I think it was because Super Troopers wasn't really mainstream and nobody really knows who Broken Lizard are. They just know the guys in Super Troopers are funny. Thus the tie in. This looks great by the way.

"I noticed how tight you were from across the beach"

"Yeah, some girls are just tighter than others"
Old 12-19-03, 12:42 AM

I thought that was Bill Paxton!

I cant wait either
Old 12-19-03, 01:09 AM

You know, I just rewatched it and it really does look like him. I hope so, it will make the movie even better.
Old 12-19-03, 03:04 AM

Yup, Bill Paxton is in the film. I think he's playing the owner of Coconut Pete's Pleasure Island, Coconut Pete. As for the trailer not being as funny as the Super Troopers trailer, I thought Super Troopers was going to be lame from the trailer, but my mind changed after I saw the opening footage that hit the net. The trailer for Club Dread had be laughing my ass off. Also one of my most anticipated movies.

Last edited by beefjerky; 12-19-03 at 03:09 AM.
Old 12-21-03, 03:58 PM

Not bad... I just hope they saved some of the best jokes/scenes for the real movie (unlike most comedy trailers)
Old 12-21-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Belisarius
Not bad... I just hope they saved some of the best jokes/scenes for the real movie (unlike most comedy trailers)
Let's hope so, because i thought this trailer stunk. Nothing particularly funny at all. I absolutely loved Super Troopers so i have high hopes for this
Old 12-21-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by ArchibaldTuttle
I know this might sound crazy but if I had a choice if I could see club dread right now, or rotk (sadly I won't get to see it till next weekend, I hate finals!), I would probably watch club dread
I am right there with you! Although I already saw ROTK and loved it, I absolutely cannot wait to go see this.
Old 12-21-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry, it looks like crap... and I LIKED Super Troopers.
Old 02-28-04, 10:19 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

CLub Dread

Mixed bag. I was in the mood for a real silly comedy, and for the first 20-30 minutes it delievered great. it was rather hilarious, with a lot of lines and jokes i'll be quoting with friends for a while. But then it got bad. real bad. THere would be 3-4 minutes without telling jokes! They tried to really make it a horror film, with so many jump scenes and graphic murders. And none of it was funny, because they didnt add freakin jokes! I felt this was right on par with super troopers. some funny stuff mixed in with a lot of boring, unfunny crap. THese guys have talent and are very funny, but they need some outside help in the writing and directing and editing of their movies.

plus, it seemed really damn long. I think it was only 1:45 minutes, but the middle dragged so much it felt way over 2 hours
Old 02-28-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought it was ok. Had funny moments. Couple of laugh out loud moments. But not nearly as funny as Super Troopers. Seeing Brittany Daniel in next to nothing the whole movie was worth admission in itself.
Old 02-28-04, 11:42 AM
Suspended

i give it 1 outta 5 stars. the beginning was good, but that was it. it needed more gratuitous nudity throughout.
Old 02-28-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think it was on par with Super Troopers. ST was alot more funny. As everyone else is saying, it started out good and funny but the third act dragged its feet. I think they have alot of potential and hopefully a third (fourth) effort will have them hitting their stride. I'd hate to see outside influences completely obliterate the quirky and clumsy nature of their filmmaking.
Old 02-28-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I didn't think it was anywhere near Super Troopers. I agree with trigger on this. Anyone know what outside influences were there that might have screwed up the film?

Needed more gratuitous nudity.
Old 02-28-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed the film, but it was no Super Troopers.

While Super Troopers was mostly hit, Club Dread has it's share of hits and misses when it comes to the jokes in the film. The problem I had with the third act, is that the film didn't know if it wanted to be a slasher or a comedy where the first two acts (not perfectly) blended the two genres.

I liked the film, but I've seen funnier this year (Eurotrip and The Girl Next Door come to mind).

Spoiler:
Oh man, when I saw USA High's Elena Lyons get naked, my penis started t.... eh... nevermind, that's more for the Mature forum. But let me just say this, it was nice to see her topless after lusting after her when I was a pre-teen when that show was on the air.
Old 02-28-04, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Matthew, i wanted to see this before, but i now have a bigger reason to watch this movie.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.