Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy black friday Rebates?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-29-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, now comes the fun part...rebates!

I am sorting thru no less than 20 rebate forms for various items from Best Buy.

1) In the past, the UPC was always a must in order to process the rebate. However, I have noticed several of my rebate forms are not asking for the UPC. Namely, the 19.99 AMW DVD player, the $150 RCA 27" TV, and the $199 AMW portable 7" DVD player.

I am nervous about leaving the UPC items out, because I obviously want my rebates. Anyone care to shed light on the process?

2) I had a voucher for the $499 Toshiba laptop and the $199 E-Machine desktop. However, the computer line moved so slow, I didn't get checked out until 2pm. There were supposed to be rebate forms printed, but they didn't print.
(I did get 2 out of the 3 laptop rebate forms as well as the free printer form.) So I am missing a $150 laptop rebate form, and a $250 desktop rebate form. I'm going back for these forms, but will they even be able to help me? I fear that they will be unresponsive to my requests.

I will post an update here later.
Old 11-29-03, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still have not received my Best Buy rebate that was sent in back in September. I wonder if its worth the hassle to call them for 15.00?

Update!!! Wow it only took the USPS 2 months to deliver it to them!!! Well, probably not. Just Best Buy being real slow:

Promotion: $15 Rebate with Purchase of Logitech Z-640 Speakers at Best Buy
Submission Type: MAIL
Date Received: 11-20-2003
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is in the final stages of processing. You should receive your rebate per the terms and conditions listed on the coupon.

Last edited by ernestrp; 11-29-03 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-02-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, I went back to the store on Saturday, and they were able to print the rebate forms without any problem.