Justice League 11/22

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League 11/22

Old 11-23-03, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Justice League 11/22

Best Episode Ever...

No, really. After last week's suck fest (I don't even remember what it was about), they come up with the best episode of both seasons by far.

The strangest development (and the best) is that GL's ring can actually do stuff other than just beams and shields. Sinestro surprised me by doing an energy fist and it just got better from there. GL is essentially a god now, although they should bring in more of the fun stuff and stop limiting the ring- he should be able to turn himself invisible, disguise himself, talk to the ring, etc.

J'onn can actually do stuff now, Supes brushes off Grod's mental blasts and takes him out with a finger. Nice.

Interplay between characters is developing nicely as well. The season is so much better than last it's like a different show. I only hope it gets another season or two...
Old 11-23-03, 03:32 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, this was definitely one of the best. It made me realize one thing that is severely lacking in this show: subplots. It's so ridiculous that they get twice as long as all other cartoons to tell their stories and they still can't manage to put in any interesting subplots or character development.

Probably the worst thing about this episode was how anti-climatic the final battle was. I absolutely loved the battle about 35 minutes into the show. It had a real intensity to it and comparatively, the final battle was just boring.

I like how GL mentioned that a lot of the time they win just because of luck. And then didn't they end up winning just by luck? If the bad guys had frozen J'onn instead of Clayface, maybe we'd be watching the Injustice League next week instead.
Old 11-23-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode. I was kinda hoping for more of a tip-o-the-hat to the Legion of Doom then just Giganta and Sinestro though. But, that was about my only complaint for the episode.
Old 11-23-03, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
I liked it, but not as much as some of this season's earlier episodes.

Next week is going to be a great episode. I won't post any specific spoilers but (read at your own risk)
Spoiler:
one of the JL team members bites the bullet
Old 11-23-03, 07:26 PM
Banned

Since there seems to be a love-match in the making (how's that for a sub-plot?), I wouldn't be surprised about that spoiler thingy.

If they ever release box seasons of this I don't think I'd bother with season 1.
Old 11-23-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hasn't been the greatest, but this was a good episode. Especially the Britney rip-off.
Old 11-24-03, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did they hire new writers or something? The quality difference between this season and the ones previous is night and day.
Old 11-24-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still think Batman is the best thing about the JL though.
Clayface: You didn't think I'd come alone did you.
Batman: Now, why didn't *I* think of that...oh wait <smiles>
Hilarious.

Last edited by Lampei; 11-24-03 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-24-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts
Yeah - that was an excellent episode. For some reason, Sinestro seemed pretty weak though.
Old 11-24-03, 02:32 PM
Banned

GL in general has been pretty weak up untill this point. In the DCU the ring is limited by the user's willpower, and can do pretty much anything, Sinestro's included. So I found it a bit odd that Grod could influence John- although it made sense that John would discover the plot. Also odd that this late in the game they would have the ring do interesting stuff.

I remember last season being an episode where used the ring to give the League street clothes? So why can't he use it to turn invisible? I hope they're going to be consistant about it.