Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

(London) Suede - 'Singles' question

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 02:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Was curious to know if one, anyone has bought this, and secondly what they think of the new song:

"Love the Way You Love"

The other new song, "Attitude" is not great but decent. Real fans should buy the CD1 single for the two additional new songs: "Golden Gun" - it's great and definately superior to "Attitude" and "Oxygen" (the third song rounding out the CD-single).

Track Listings
1. Beautiful Ones
2. Animal Nitrate
3. Trash
4. Metal Mickey
5. So Young
6. The Wild Ones
7. Obsessions
8. Filmstar
9. Can't Get Enough
10. Everything Will Flow
11. Stay Together
12. Love The Way You Love
13. The Drowners
14. New Generation
15. Lazy
16. She's In Fashion
17. Attitude
18. Electricity
19. We Are The Pigs
20. Positivity
21. Saturday Night

Given how royaly bad the last album was, one could only speculate if Suede's 'best of' album will ever get released here, looks like it's import only at the moment.
Old 11-04-03, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty much a huge Suede fan (have been since '94), but I hate "Love the Way You Love." It is a sorry excuse for a Duran Duran b-side. Now, I like "Attitude", but "LTWYL" seems pretty pathetic packed beside such wonderful tunes as "Stay Together" and "The Drowners." I think Suede may have really finally lost it now, especially if they decide to go into the "LTWYL" direction. Haven't heard any of the new b-sides, and am not sure that I want to.

I think I read somewhere that they got signed to a different label over here and might release that. That is just what I think I read, but I might be completely wrong.

Last edited by greeny; 11-04-03 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-04-03, 07:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
really try to hear "Golden Gun" - it's punchy, a great tune and instantly memorable.
Old 11-06-03, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess any chance of Singles being released over here is not going to happen, as Suede split.

I think I will try to get my hands on "Golden Gun" -- it does sound like it might be good.