Reload this Page >

You guys REALLY play the hard levels?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-03-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I'm a wimp! I usually play a game on the easy level because I have more fun not spending half my time in total frustration. Halo on easy. Max Payne on easy. Honestly, the challenge was there, but not impossible. So, I was thinking that normal must be a bitch at times. And hard levels?????

Do any of you automatically dive right into the supreme tough levels or just do that on playing it a 2nd, 3rd time? If you can do this..... pat on the back.
Old 11-03-03, 08:47 AM

Hmm, I always play all games on the regular difficulty levels. With sports games, I play them at the hardest difficulty level.

But there comes a gem every now and then. Panzer Dragoon Orta. Almost impossible.
Old 11-03-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not good enough of a gamer to play on anything but "easy".
Old 11-03-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Halo--I love playing it on the hardest difficulty setting. It actually requires you to do some thinking when confronting enemies instead of just running and gunning. Very, very tough but well worth the effort.
Old 11-03-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
I don't even do easy. I use Action Replays.
Old 11-03-03, 11:21 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always play on Normal. That's the way the game is designed to be played.

If I really like a game, I'll try the harder setting, but I can't recall ever playing through a whole game a second time on a harder setting.
Old 11-03-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I play on the normal difficultly level. After I beat it, I tried Halo at the hardest level and it was impossible for me. I think Dead To Rights for the XBOX is the toughest "Normal Difficulty" game I've played.
Old 11-03-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: You guys REALLY play the hard levels?

Originally posted by atlantamoi
Maybe I'm a wimp! I usually play a game on the easy level because I have more fun not spending half my time in total frustration. Halo on easy. Max Payne on easy. Honestly, the challenge was there, but not impossible. So, I was thinking that normal must be a bitch at times. And hard levels?????

Do any of you automatically dive right into the supreme tough levels or just do that on playing it a 2nd, 3rd time? If you can do this..... pat on the back.
I play on the default level which is usually normal...then up the ante the next time around on hard. I never play on easy.
Old 11-03-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by khai
Hmm, I always play all games on the regular difficulty levels. With sports games, I play them at the hardest difficulty level.
I'm the exact same way. I always dive into sports games at the hardest difficulty.
Old 11-03-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I always play on Normal. That's the way the game is designed to be played.

If I really like a game, I'll try the harder setting, but I can't recall ever playing through a whole game a second time on a harder setting.
i always play on normal as well. it just makes the most sense to me. i think halo was the only game that i tried to up the difficulty level on. i lasted about two levels before i got bored with the game. its hard to go back and play a game again after you beat it. and i can't think of a game that i started off on hard from the beginning.
Old 11-03-03, 12:48 PM

Since I play mostly RPG's, difficulty levels aren't very problematic to me

On fighting games, if it's a new battle engine, I'll start out normal [usually 4] or maybe even lower [3 or 2] but if it's something I know by heart [Capcom 2d, Namco 3d] then I'll usually go moderately hard [5, 6] with characters I know, and normal with new ones, and then 8 after beating it a few times
Old 11-03-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I start out playing normal and then play all the other difficulty levels when I beat it.
Old 11-03-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts
I sometimes play a hard level...but not very often. Hey, sometimes easy is hard enough
Old 11-03-03, 03:28 PM

When renting a game I'l sometimes play it on easy just so I can be sure to finish before i have to return it. If I own it, then I'll play it on normal or hard, depending on how much of a challenge I'm up for. Ghost Recon and Rainbow six are really tough on elite but also more realistic. HALO is so much more fun on Heroic and Legendary is also a blast when you're playing co-op.
Old 11-03-03, 03:50 PM
Suspended

EASY
Old 11-03-03, 03:50 PM

I usually play them on normal, if the game keeps my attention long enough to actually beat it, it probably wont keep it long enough for me to play it a second or third time through on harder difficulties. Only game so far I have beat 4 times is Devil May Cry. On Easy, Normal twice and Hard once, and I have a game half way done on Dante Must Die.
Old 11-03-03, 04:36 PM

It depends. Sports and fighting games I'll play on difficult, all the other probably between easy and normal and change as I go.
Old 11-03-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I usually stick on normal. The only time I go on the hardest difficulty is on Sports games
Old 11-03-03, 04:44 PM

I usually play on Easy. If it's ridiculous, then I'll go up to Normal. I just don't have enough time to play something that I'll need to challenge over and over again and become frustrated with.
Old 11-03-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Should have been a poll.

Normal. Easy is always just that, too easy. But normal usually holds me over until the next big game comes out. If I play on difficult I won't end up finishing it by the time I buy a new game. A new game always takes presidence.

After a year, I just started Halo on Legendary a week or so ago. I played co-op with a friend and it is still mighty difficult. Took about 3 hours to beat the first 2 levels.
Old 11-03-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Usually easy just because i dont have enough time if normal turns out to be difficult.
Old 11-03-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Normal, only a few games have I played again on more difficult settings. Especially when you get a bonus for beating the game on the harder setting. Beating Halo on Legendary was quite an adventure. The little extra ending was worth it.
Old 11-03-03, 08:20 PM

I always play on normal mode. The only time I remember setting the hard level was for Street Fighter 2 Turbo.
Old 11-03-03, 09:04 PM
Banned

Nope I play shit on easy. I hate how people say if you want a game to last longer put it on hard no your just getting killed and doing the same shit over and over that is what makes it longer not like the game play and shit got longer. I mean I hate doing shit over and over again makes me mad and want to quit.

PS. I like my games like I like my women nice and easy.
Old 11-03-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Re: Re: You guys REALLY play the hard levels?

Originally posted by djones6746
I play on the default level which is usually normal...then up the ante the next time around on hard. I never play on easy.
bingo. Have fun the first time through, try a real challenge once I've got the feel of things.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.