Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NYPD Blue "Andy Appleseed" -- 10.28.2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-28-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy Appleseed

The serial-rapist case heats up after Andy and Diane (Kim Delaney) nail an unusual suspect connected to the latest victim; Devlin finally explains her off-the-wall behavior to a stunned Clark; Connie receives jaw-dropping info from both Diane and her own doctor; and a family that factored into an arson is torn apart by a home invasion gone awry. Devlin: Chandra West.
I'm glad to see they're actually working a case that hasn't been solved in 60 minutes [well, 45 not counting commercials]. I haven't really cared much for the doc...until tonite. I don't know why, but i'm thinking either Connie's gonna lose the baby OR she's gonna have an abortion [don't ask me why]. I'm guessing they only came up with this since Charlotte's preg in real life. Good to see that the bitchy mother from last ep got hers.

Oh, and I really don't like Diane. Never did.
Old 10-28-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
With the Fraker trial and the serial rapist, they're going for the story arcs this season.

Regarding the preview for next week, was that
Spoiler:
Furio from The Sopranos
being interrogated?

Honk!
Old 10-29-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yep.
Old 10-29-03, 02:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: NYPD Blue "Andy Appleseed" -- 10.28.2003

Originally posted by Rogue588
I don't know why, but i'm thinking either Connie's gonna lose the baby OR she's gonna have an abortion [don't ask me why]. I'm guessing they only came up with this since Charlotte's preg in real life.
I thought I read
Spoiler:
Andy finds out and it leads to the two of them getting married

ok episode

I never really bought Connie overreacting to Andy and Diane. They never really gave much of a reason for her to be upset.

Clark has been getting on my nerves for some reason this season.
Old 10-29-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Oh, and I really don't like Diane. Never did.

I didn't either. One of the reasons why I didn't watch Blue for 4-5 seasons, which coincided with her run. Plus Kim's appearance cuts into Jacqueline Obradors airtime and that is a big minus in my book. She had something like 5 lines last night.

I do like this case they are working though.

That did look like Furio being interrogated in the preview.
Old 10-29-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Regarding the preview for next week, was that
Spoiler:
Furio from The Sopranos
being interrogated?
It's what I yelled at the TV......
Old 10-29-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I like the case they are working, too.

I don't mind Diane, it's not the same watching Kim Delaney on this show w/out Jimmy Smits.

Good to see what was going on w/ the Doc - and it was nice to see some resolution between her and Clark.

I think Connie and Andy will be getting hitched w/ her unexpected arrival - but can they work in the same squad and be married? I didn't think they could...

I agree w/ Red Dog - we need more Jacqueline Obradors - NOW!!!
Old 10-29-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Pretty good episode. Just not into Kim Delaney, i.e. suddenly we're supposed to care so much about her, but oh well.

I like how Connie was all OVER Andy for not being totally honest with her (about what he knew from Diane), yet she's carrying a child and she tells him it was just something she ate...
Old 10-29-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know why, but i'm thinking either Connie's gonna lose the baby OR she's gonna have an abortion [don't ask me why]. I'm guessing they only came up with this since Charlotte's preg in real life.
Since, as you mention, Charlotte is actually pregnant in real life, why would they do away with the baby on the show? It might make for a good story, but then you have the hassle of covering up the fact that the actress is actually pregnant. It seems much easier to just work the pregnancy into the show.