Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Mod, or anyone, how do I change my username?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 10-24-03, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I now want to use a different username to match the one that I regularly use on other message boards. It's easier to remember and this one is the only one that is different 'cause I registered it a while back. I don't want to re-register to waste the site's space. How do I change it? Is it possible? I go to my profile, but don't see how I could do so.

Thank you mod or anyone for the helps.
Old 10-24-03, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never mind. Find this.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hange+username
Old 10-26-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Forum Feedback Frequently Asked Questions

NAME CHANGES
Our Name Change Policy:
As a result of an increased volume in name change requests and the inherent confusion caused by name changes, we're going to be putting some restrictions on name change requests from now on.

Name changes are fine (as long as they aren't too frequent) up until you reach the 1,000 post mark. At that point, you have likely become fairly well known in the forums you regularly participate in, and requests will then be considered on a case by case basis.

ie: We can understand that a name like 'MasterBaiter" might have been funny at one time, but may no longer be how you want to be seen on the forum. However, if you're a regular poster, going from "Chasing Amy" to "Run Lola Run" won't be an option anymore. So it's not a complete end to changes, but because of the confusion these things cause, you'll need to give us a good reason before we make a change from now on.

Changes that are mostly cosmetic (case, spacing) will still be allowed

Also, any major name change will now require that you put "formerly known as [old name]" in your Location field for two weeks.

I realize that this might be a little upsetting to some, but please try to understand that with as many active members as we have, it's already hard enough to keep track of who said what in the past. Throwing name changes into the mix just makes it next to impossible.

To actually get your name changed, you need to email an Administrator. Any Administrator is fine. (Please note that I, Blade, am now a retired Admin.)