Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Matrix Revolutions On Imax Question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-03, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a question, on comingsoon.net they released the running time of matrix revolutions, it is supposed to be 128 minutes, i have heard from friends that in imax theaters, they usually cut films longer than 2 hours, are they going to be doing that for matrix revolutions, can you please let me know because i really would like to see it there, and where can you find this kind of information thanks
Old 10-16-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would imagine it would be cut because both Star Wars Ep. 2 and Apollo 13 were cut down from their 2 1/2 hour running time to 2 hours. The funny thing is that a lot of people that saw them in an IMAX theatre said that the cut version was better than the original. Now I'm not sure how accurate this is but I still think it's amusing.
Old 10-16-03, 03:11 PM

I saw the edited version of Attack of the Clones in IMAX and it WAS better cut down...they eliminated a lot of the mushy stuff between Anakin and Amadalia, and much of the "political talk" at the beginning of the movie.
Old 10-16-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nowadays, IMAX films can have a running time of 150 minutes, thus, Matrix Reloaded on IMAX required no editing, it run the full 138 minutes when I watched it on IMAX a few months ago.
Old 10-16-03, 04:19 PM

Patman is right...my understanding is with the recent increase in interest in seeing regular movies in IMAX format, IMAX technology was re-worked/increased/changed/whatever to allow more than 2 hour movies this past summer. (After star wars, before matrix 2.)
Old 10-16-03, 04:32 PM
Banned

thaanks pat, good to hear