Third Watch - Season Premiere - 09/29/03

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Third Watch - Season Premiere - 09/29/03

(from Yahoo! TV listings):

"The Truth & Other Lies"

Officer Yokas fights for her life after being shot, while her husband seeks retribution; sorrowful Bosco is ready to confess all; a burned firefighter begs Doc to end his life.

Cast: Michael Beach, Coby Bell, Eddie Cibrian, Molly Price, Kim Raver, Anthony Ruivivar, Skipp Sudduth, Jason Wiles, Chris Bauer, Tia Texada, Veronica Hamel.
Producer(s): John Wells, Christopher Chulack.
Old 09-29-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, they threw all kinds of twists into this one. The worst one being:
Spoiler:
that the crazy, ugly bitch from Anti-Crime, Sgt. Cruz, is still alive!!!!
Old 09-29-03, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, she ain't ugly. I saw her on the street in NYC. She's fine, but I'll definately agree, her character is a total Bitch.

I can say I'm nothing but depressed after this episode. Can they ever cut Bosco a break?

I wonder what will become of the fire house heiarchy now.

It will be interesting to see how Nia Long fits in the cast.

I did think Jimmy was fairly weak in this episode. Oh well.
Old 09-30-03, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Third Watch Premier 9/29

Glad to have this show back finally! I thought it was pretty good over all, although I wish Fred would've kicked Bosco's butt a little harder, and I really wish Bosco's Sgt would've been killed. I can't stand her.
Old 09-30-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Speaking of cutting people a break, what about cutting a break for that one firefighter Kim, she's having a bad couple of years... it's her depressing life that kind of made me only watch this show sporadically over the last couple of seasons...
Old 09-30-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
As I said in the other thread..
I don't know what her character's like, but she

was the reason I stayed and watched after mistakenly taping it last nite after Las Vegas..

It wasn't bad.
ugly?
Old 09-30-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This show has been depressing since the last couple of episodes last year.

They killed off the blonde firefighter/EMT Alex Taylor in the same explosion that burned, and eventually killed, Lou. She was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Bosco hasn't had anything good happen to him in forever. The man is bad luck - but he is such a key part of this show, I wish they would do something positive for his character. That's why I was hoping that the crazy, UGLY Sgt. Cruz was dead. That would be good for him.

Jimmy wasn't given much to do this ep. I doubt he take over the house - I doubt that he has the seniority. Maybe one of the two older guys that are always in the background will be made lieutenant. Or maybe they will bring in a whole new cast member.

Wonder how long it will take for Faith to get back to normal. I noticed they added the actress who plays her daughter to the openning credits.

I'm excited about Nia Long becoming a steady cast member.

Doc (Michael Beach) needs to have something good happen to him, too, along w/ Kim. I was impressed w/ Carlos in how he handled the death of Kim's boyfriend. The old Carlos would not have handled it that way.
Old 09-30-03, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rogue588
As I said in the other thread..ugly?
Rogue - she has never even come close to looking like that on the show. She always looks pissed off and I just don't think she is that attractive. She has nice eyes, but the rest of her face you could wrap a bandana around.
Old 09-30-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I started a thread last night:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=320898

If one of the mods could combine these two, I am sure it would be much appreciated.
Old 09-30-03, 03:04 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by B.A.hist
I started a thread last night:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=320898

If one of the mods could combine these two, I am sure it would be much appreciated.
There ya go!
Old 09-30-03, 04:08 PM

For those who may have missed the show, here is my synopsis that I posted in another forum. It may sound confusing, but you'll get the gist of it.

Well I will try to remember the important parts. You see Bosco washing the blood off his hand and telling the Lieutenant that it's 'all on me'. We see Fred running thru the streets and when he gets to the hospital, no one will tell him what has happened to Faith. He gets pissed and throws down one of the those hospital thingys on wheels that carry blood and plasma. She's still unconcious and it doesn't look good for her, since the bullet punctured her lung and didn't exit the body. It stopped right before her spine, bruising it. The doctor operates and tells Fred and their daughter Emily that it was a success, but they had to leave the bullet in there, saying that it should not cause any problems in the future. Bosco goes up to see Faith, against the advice Sully and Fred sees him and attacks him, slaming him against the hall window breaking it and then punches him out. Sully tells Fred to cool it or he will be spending the night in jail. Bosco's got a nice bruise on his face, but he knows that he deserved that and more.

Let's see, Kim try's calling her boyfriend, the writer/drug addict, but he does not answer, cause he's been shot and killed by Bosco. So she see's Alex blown up, see's her captain burned really bad and then finds out he's dead (Doc mercifully kills him with drugs) and also finds out her boyfriend is dead also. A good day for her. I was hoping she wasn't going to start crying like she did when Bobby died, because if you remember, that had to be the worse 'cry' acting that I have seen. And many others made that comment back in 2001.

We find out that Sgt. Cruz (new regular cast member) was shot in the head, but only grazed, so she's okay in the hospital. She won't talk to the lieutenant about what happened. She's visited by 2 FBI guys and we find out she's been working with them to bust that biker dude from last season, but this shootout may have blown her cover. She says that she can still bust him if they give her the chance. They say, no more chances.

While Sully & Ty are taking Bosco home, after he got beaten up by Fred, the FBI pulls the squad car over and they want to talk to Bosco. So he finds out about Cruz working with the FBI, who tell him to keep his mouth shut and they will fix everything and he will continue being a cop like before (kinda lame story line - everythings going to be okay).

There were other things that happened, but these were the most important parts. Sorry it sounds so jumbled, but I'm at work, working on my memory from last nights show.

Chris
Old 09-30-03, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by mrpayroll
While Sully & Ty are taking Bosco home, after he got beaten up by Fred, the FBI pulls the squad car over and they want to talk to Bosco. So he finds out about Cruz working with the FBI, who tell him to keep his mouth shut and they will fix everything and he will continue being a cop like before (kinda lame story line - everythings going to be okay).
I thought the entrance of the FBI into the story was a bunch of crap, too. Ewww - let's throw a twist in here and get the FBI involved on Cruz's end.

nice synopsis, Chris.
Old 09-30-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And did anyone else notice that Joumanna Kidd had a guest spot as the reporter at the hospital asking Carlos questions? I hope there isn't a reaccurence of that. We don't need to see her face on tv anymore than we have to.
Old 09-30-03, 06:53 PM

Was that the hot looking latina actress? I've never seen her before. Why are you tired of her?

Chris
Old 09-30-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by mrpayroll
Was that the hot looking latina actress? I've never seen her before. Why are you tired of her?

Chris
She's no actress. She's the camera-hungry, attention-whore wife of New Jersey Nets point-guard Jason Kidd. And she has a mustache, or used to at least.
Old 09-30-03, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by B.A.hist
She's no actress. She's the camera-hungry, attention-whore wife of New Jersey Nets point-guard Jason Kidd. And she has a mustache, or used to at least.
Ah okay, now I understand!

Chris