Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy customer service is a Joke

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-03, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has probably been discussed numerous times here but on a recent order I was charged for a DVD that never shipped in the first place. Took a grand total of 10 phone calls and 5 weeks later to get a refund of the order. Getting thru to someone with any authority is a nightmare. Finally had to call the corporate office and be very rude before anybody would pay any attention.

On one of the calls I actually got CS Rep; Bubba who sounded every bit of 15 years old. I ask him what BB did if they had a problem with a customer they could find a solution to and he said they get their neighbor involved. You can image what my response to that was. Neighbor being the guy in the cubical next to him that was as intelligent as dirt their self.

NEVER again will I buy a product from Best Buy.

Last edited by saintsfan; 08-30-03 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-02-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure they'll miss your business.
Old 09-02-03, 10:03 PM

Maybe they won't and I really don't give a flip but continued crap business as that will end in failure.
Old 09-03-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe at a mom n' pop store, but not in real life.
Old 09-03-03, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tarantino
I'm sure they'll miss your business.
One customer probably won't make that dramatic of a difference, no, but if enough get to feeling like this, it will only hurt Best Buy in the long run. And we all know corporations aren't forever in this day and age, don't we? And based on what I hear from people I know and what I read on this board and others, it seems many are turning away from Best Buy.
Old 09-03-03, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They claim they're turning away, but then when their favorite DVD hits the shelves there with some special disc or the cheapest price, they're first in line.
Old 09-03-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with saintsfan that the online Best Buy is worthless. I had a problem with them once and it soon became evident they didn't have any authority and could not make any decisions or resolve any problems.
In complete contrast, I have never had a problem with the B&M. I shop there frequently and the few times I have had a problem it has been quickly resolved to my satisfaction.
Bottom line - I detest their online store and won't go near it but shop at the B&M all the time. Yeah, I know it sounds weird but in my experience they are completely different.
Old 09-03-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They claim they're turning away, but then when their favorite DVD hits the shelves there with some special disc or the cheapest price, they're first in line.

Or do what I do...price match at a better store. This mentality that people will always go back is why they suck. They feel like they can crap on people and it won't matter, they will always be back for some stupid ass sale. Why should they? There are so many stores now that offer price matching, not to mention there are still good online retailers out there. Oh, no! So you won't get your DVD on the Tuesday it comes out if you order on line! Big fat hairy deal.
Old 09-03-03, 10:47 PM

This was totally toward the online end of the business. Burn me once you want do it twice.

Everyone should experience their CS just once on a messed up order.