Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Check your Amazon orders -- STL

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-19-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a warning that Amazon dropped the STL on 3 orders that I had pending. It was in the order history last week, but today... poof.

Everyone may want to take a peek at their pending and recently-shipped orders just to confirm that they are being billed appropriately.
Old 08-19-03, 01:44 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I just placed an order this morning. The STL discount was there when I submitted the order. But when I got my e-mail order confirmation, the STL discount was gone. I sent in an e-mail to customer service. Hopefully they'll fix this fast.
Old 08-19-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are already several threads discussing this problem!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=AMAZOn

Just kidding. This thread has brought back many bad memories.
Old 08-19-03, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This happened to me previously.
What I did was edit the order by adding a Gift Message (click 'Change' for Gift Options") which is free. Save then poof, STL discount was back again. Anyway, may work for you too.
Old 08-19-03, 05:21 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
It is a technical glitch. I emailed them about it a few days ago, and they responded promptly and made the adjustment. Everyone should check the order history and get it fixed, because it sounds like it happened across the board for all stl in the past week.
Old 08-19-03, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ditto to me, too. I just ended up cancelling the order and reordering with STL. Yeah, it's a bit time-consuming, but it's been a sure-fire way of getting the STL to stick. BTW, I noticed that at those times that I didn't keep the STL discount, my confirm page didn't have the "Your Share the Love Price" under the item. However, whenever it did, I always got the STL to stay.
Old 08-19-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TheBigDave
The same thing happened to me. I just placed an order this morning. The STL discount was there when I submitted the order. But when I got my e-mail order confirmation, the STL discount was gone. I sent in an e-mail to customer service. Hopefully they'll fix this fast.
Same thing happened on Monday but I called CS right away. The rep re-adjusted the price. I have learned to always check my Amazon orders periodically, especially toward shipping time before the CC is charged...
Old 08-20-03, 01:37 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally posted by tenjin
This happened to me previously.
What I did was edit the order by adding a Gift Message (click 'Change' for Gift Options") which is free. Save then poof, STL discount was back again. Anyway, may work for you too.
Wow, that worked. Thanks for the tip.

I e-mailed Amazon CS yesterday and I got a formletter response that had nothing to do with my problem.
Old 08-20-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep. This has happened to all of mine in the last week.

It took me awhile to find the "Change for Gift Options," but it did work - thanks for the tip.

For those a little blind like me, the button is right underneath the item in the order.
Old 08-20-03, 02:53 PM

Thanks All,

I called up Amazon last night and the rep was able to re-apply my STL for all my open orders.
Old 08-21-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

STL ?
Old 08-21-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by buckee1
STL ?
Share the Love...sign up here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/stl

You put your e-mail on discs you are looking to buy and when someone else does, they send you a 10% discount via e-mail...
Old 08-21-03, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by boc4ever
Share the Love...sign up here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/stl

You put your e-mail on discs you are looking to buy and when someone else does, they send you a 10% discount via e-mail...
Thanks for the info! What a cool idea!
Old 08-22-03, 02:31 PM

Anyone know the reason why STL discount keep getting dropped? Mine was dropped when I checkout. Then I did what another member suggested by changing the shipping option. Now the STL discount is back. Very strange...
Old 08-22-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Anyone know the reason why STL discount keep getting dropped?
No I don't, but I think it is very sad that the forum members have discovered a way around this, and the Amazon programmers haven't fixed it.
Old 08-22-03, 05:32 PM

Ever since they introduced STL (yes, that was a while ago), the order system has been screwy. It took them over a year before they fixed (I think?) the promo GC disappearing act.

First thing I try nowadays if something is screwy with my order summary, is to make a change to the order (easiest way is to just add a gift message). But when the order goes to shipping soon/shipped mode, since a change to the order is made, the STL discount may come back at that time anyway.

I've had wierd things go both ways though. A couple of times, I was able to combine 2 promo codes for an order.

Last edited by tenjin; 08-22-03 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-23-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Happened to me about a week ago or so. Called them and got them to apply the discount. I thought they would have fixed it by now, but the order I just placed a minute or two ago had the same problem. Uggh!!!

I don't know if it's related, but I quite often get timeouts or no confirmation page after submitting my order, and think it's because of the slew of STL emails it is sending out to others. I've also noticed getting many duplicates of STL emails being sent to me at times. I wonder if these issues are related in one not getting STL discounts applied. Maybe someone could try experimenting placing an order making sure that the "send to friends" box is unchecked and not sending any STL to anyone to see if you still aren't getting discounts applied properly.

I would think this is an issue that would be killing their customer support now. Surprised that a large company like theirs doesn't have it fixed yet.
Old 08-25-03, 02:23 PM

What's the Amazon phone number you guys are calling to get this fixed?

I can't seem to find the "Change to Gift" option either.

Thanks
Old 08-25-03, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by cross

Thanks
A great thread to find customer service phone numbers to almost any store including Amazon.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=108012
Old 08-26-03, 11:28 AM

I've been having this problem as well for about the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have to call them after each order I place, because the STL discount will show up on the screen right up until I press "place order" then POOF, its gone, and does not show up in "my account" or in that order confirmation e-mail you receive immediatly afterwards. One of the MANY customer service reps I talked to said that she thought the trivia nickels were conflicting with the STL.

The way I look at it is the trivia nickels, and STL are both discounts that are "embeded" within your account, there not like gift certificates that you have to enter in via a code or anything, so its something that shouldnt be conflicting at all.

Anyhoo, I just preordered a couple dvd's today (thanks to dvdtalk.stl) and I have been staying away from those trivia nickels like their customer service person told me and the STL still didnt show up AFTER I clicked "Place order", so thats not the problem.... I just wrote them a HUGE e-mail ( I was sick of calling after EVERY order I placed within the past 3 weeks) and basically said I was going to give all my business to DDD if this problem was not solved :-)

I also have the same problem that "DVDEALER" has outlined above as far as time-outs and no confirmation pages after I place an order with a TON of STL e-mails trying to get sent out, I too, get alot of double, triple and sometimes even more than that multiple STL e-mails from other people.

I was reading some other posts in this thread and others and it was interesting that it has been mentioned that the STL program had problems before, well this is a first for me (of course I have only been using STL (thanks to dvdtalk.stl) for about 6 months now...

Last edited by mrmagoo; 08-26-03 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-26-03, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by cross

Thanks
Try changing the shipping option, then change it back. When I do this, my STL discount reappear in the order. It might work for you too.
Old 08-27-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
the gift option does work after the order is completed. I tried it before the order was submitted thinking maybe it would help and it did not

I am sorry that I flooded some people with emails due to the 4-5 times I placed this order until it was right

maybe STL and amazon are no longer worth it. I usually get close to the same deal at a B&M now that coupons are gone.

oh here is my gift message if someone wants to copy me

"stupid stl system
this sucks :-("

Last edited by gcribbs; 08-27-03 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-28-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
As I posted on another thread the Share The Love Discount disappears on my orders when I am offered the Amazon Visa and a $30 discount. Even though I click just place order, the Share the Love Discount disappears from order after order is placed and I receive confirmation E-Mail. This has never happened when I was not offered the Amazon Visa discount.
Old 08-28-03, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good point, I think that's when the problems started showing up for me too... right around the time they starting sticking that VISA solicitation on the checkout page.
Old 08-29-03, 02:29 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just placed an order and the STL disappeared right after I hit the "Place Order" button. Had to call up Amazon to fix it.

They better fix it soon. It's freakin' annoying to have to call them up for every order placed with STL.

The good thing out of the phone call for the order that I just placed was that the CSR took the STL discount out of the item price, and then the STL discount appeared magically again, effectively giving 19% off. She left it with that and told me it's an one time exception for the trouble

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.