I did a search and found nada... some good info from aintitcoolnews.com

Clone wars
Old 11-14-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "Clone Wars" on Cartoon Network

Originally posted by dgeralsh
some good info from aintitcoolnews.com
Considering the source, I'll consider it "good" and "news" when I start seeing commercials.
Old 11-14-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, this is definitely interesting, but I'll take it with a HUGE grain of salt until something official is announced.

Great idea though... I've always wondered why they didn't do a decent animated Star Wars program -- especially with all of the material that they already have to work with (novels, comics, etc.) The scripts would practically write themselves.
Old 11-14-02, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An animated Star Wars show! I don't know about this.
Old 11-14-02, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by bboisvert
Yeah, this is definitely interesting, but I'll take it with a HUGE grain of salt until something official is announced.

Great idea though... I've always wondered why they didn't do a decent animated Star Wars program -- especially with all of the material that they already have to work with (novels, comics, etc.) The scripts would practically write themselves.
Aren't we forgeting about the "Droids" cartoon?

Hello?

Anyone?

I guess so
Old 11-14-02, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by blakader

Hello?

Anyone?

I guess so
Droids?
Old 11-14-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by blakader

Hello?

Anyone?

I guess so

[ObiWan Kenobi]
These are not the droids you're looking for
[/ObiWan Kenobi]
Old 11-14-02, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally posted by k-qwick
Droids?

The Droids cartoon was on ABC for one season on Saturday mornings... th Ewoks cartoon lasted two seasons, I think
Old 11-14-02, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hadn't forgotten Droids (in fact, I have a production cel hanging in my home). I just didn't think that a Saturday morning cartoon from 15 years ago was really relevant to the discussion.

Droids had some decent artwork (at times) and some decent stories (occasionally), but it really just was what it was -- a Sat. morning show for the kiddies. I would assume that the new/rumored show would be much more geared towards teens/adults who happen to watch animation.
Old 11-14-02, 05:04 PM

Because I'm anonymous and of lowly 'Member' status, I'll understand if you don't believe me, but this idea is in the discussion stages between the two companies.

Right now, the plan is to create dozens of 2-3 minute, action-packed shorts, not full 30-minute episodes. These shorts would feature known characters as well as introducing new characters (more action-figures! )

Like I said, this is just being discussed and isn't definite by any means. If it does come to be, they most likely won't air until late next year at the earliest. Whoever leaked it to aint-it-cool, did so very prematurely and deserves a spanking.

That's about all I know.
Old 11-14-02, 05:13 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by Shemp
Because I'm anonymous and of lowly 'Member' status, I'll understand if you don't believe me, but this idea is in the discussion stages between the two companies.

Right now, the plan is to create dozens of 2-3 minute, action-packed shorts, not full 30-minute episodes. These shorts would feature known characters as well as introducing new characters (more action-figures! )

Like I said, this is just being discussed and isn't definite by any means. If it does come to be, they most likely won't air until late next year at the earliest. Whoever leaked it to aint-it-cool, did so very prematurely and deserves a spanking.

That's about all I know.
Considering your track record of CN (and Turner) posts, I don't see any reason to doubt you.

I know you said that's all you know, but I'll ask anyway...
Would the 2-3minute shorts be a program, or would they run the way the other shorts that use sidekicks, Scooby Doo, and Superfriends etc. do- during commercial breaks?
Old 11-14-02, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by GuessWho

The Droids cartoon was on ABC for one season on Saturday mornings... th Ewoks cartoon lasted two seasons, I think
Up until this point i never heard of it,but that picture of R2-D2 and C3PO looks kinda gay.
Old 11-14-02, 08:44 PM

Would the 2-3minute shorts be a program, or would they run the way the other shorts that use sidekicks...do?
From what I understand, the plan is for the episodes to be serialized with each one ending in a cliffhanger.

Hey...I did know a little more.
Old 11-14-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Very interesting. I agree with the grain of salt though. Could be a pretty good series. Absolutely won't be the worst Star Wars production ever. (That awards goes to and will always go to the "Star Wars Holiday Special". It included Chewbacca and his family, Bea Arthur managing the Mos Eisley Cantina, and a terrible cartoon with the first appearance of Boba Fett.)
Old 11-15-02, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmm ... TheForce.net checked into this, and they confirmed that it is indeed in the works.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=18742
Old 11-15-02, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts
I'm surprised more people aren't excited by this. I've dreamed of a series like this, or maybe using animation to do Episodes 7-9. I was feeling somewhat disappointed that we're only going to see the first and last battles of the Clone wars in the movies, but this is even better! You can almost bet money that when you turn on a TV in my house, it will be on Cartoon Network from the last time it was on.
Old 11-15-02, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Originally posted by milo bloom
I'm surprised more people aren't excited by this. I've dreamed of a series like this, or maybe using animation to do Episodes 7-9. I was feeling somewhat disappointed that we're only going to see the first and last battles of the Clone wars in the movies, but this is even better! You can almost bet money that when you turn on a TV in my house, it will be on Cartoon Network from the last time it was on.
More people probably aren't excited because they remember "Droids" and "Ewoks." Not to mention the Holiday Special. "Star Wars" tends to get mucked up in the TV translation. For the time being, I'm cautiously optimistic, while maintaining a healthy skepticism.

I mean, I would absolutely LOVE a great animated series with great writing and strong production values. Something along the lines of the Batman animated series.

I'd also love to see an animated series that takes place after "Return of the Jedi" -- using the continuity established by the novels and comics, but re-worked so it could actually work with the established canon of the six films.
Old 11-18-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would assume that the new/rumored show would be much more geared towards teens/adults who happen to watch animation.
I'm curious as to why you'd assume this, as Star Wars is aimed at children more then any other age group.

As much as I'd love to see a Star Wars animated show that's the same quality as Batman The Animated series, I just can't see it happening...

Of course, I remember the Holiday Special, so maybe I'm biased!

I recall an artical with Lucas actually, which said he was thinking about having a "Young Jedi Knights" show on Fox Kids network or something. He wouldn't write for it or anything, just get the ball rolling, he said.
Old 11-18-02, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
i refuse to stalk cartoon network all day just hoping to see 2 minutes thrown in anywhere randomly

cut to the chase and give me the complete collection on dvd
Old 11-18-02, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I might watch it
Old 11-18-02, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
i refuse to stalk cartoon network all day just hoping to see 2 minutes thrown in anywhere randomly
Yeah, seems like something to be wary of. My big fear is that it'll be stuck somewhere in the middle of whatever cartoon is the worst and has the lowest ratings.
Old 11-18-02, 03:07 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
As much as I'd love to see a Star Wars animated show that's the same quality as Batman The Animated series, I just can't see it happening...
Damn straight. Every subsequent generation of Warner produced cartoons gets worse and worse. JLA is the perfect example- the animation is total computer-filled in crap. Now go back and look at Batman Beyond- not so bad, then Superman- getting better, etc. They're almost at the level of the old Bakshi produced Spider-Man episodes from the 60s, where they did like .5 fps. At least those frames were drawn better than JL's. Lol.

What I wouldn't mind, if Clone Wars ever turns up, is a totally CG rendered production of the quality of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers- So long as they hire someone other than George to write the dialogue.
Old 11-20-02, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I agree Eric, Batman TAS was totally mature and enjoyable in the early years, but as it went along, Fox or whoever had is seemed to mess with it, and while we'd still get a great episode every once in a while, that were totally smart, an great there would be too much crappy episodes with Robin making wisecracks...

I was a young teen at the time, and I remember my sister (who was about 8 I guess) and I would hate the stupid "dumbed down" episodes. Kids don't want to be treated like kids, why do you think so many kids beg their parents to watch R rated films?
Old 12-03-02, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, the latest "spy reports" are saying that this ain't gonna happen:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml#18929
Old 12-03-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'll trus the force.net any day over AICN.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.