Community
Search

Details on Are you being served? boxed set-release date 9/30/03

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-03, 08:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Details on Are you being served? boxed set-release date 9/30/03

From BBCAmerica's website-
Looks like another full collection to complete the series including the 1st episode of Are you being served again-
Well done BBC and Warner Brothers

Attention shoppers! Your favorite dysfunctional sales staff is back with more mischief, more hilarity and more hair colors! Join Mr. Humphries, Mrs. Slocombe, Miss Brahms, Captain Peacock, Mr. Lucas and the rest of the gang as they make shopping at Grace Brothers the comic experience of a lifetime.
The staff has been hard-at-work polishing and pressing all 35 classic episodes from series 6-10 of f this beloved BBC comedy series, many available on video for the first time. Also included is a bonus disc containing interviews, television specials and other goodies featuring the Are You Being Served? cast.
Volume Eight: By Appointment - The Club - Do You Take This Man - Shedding the Load - A Bliss Girl – Happy Returns
Volume Nine: The Junior - Strong Stuff this Insurance - The Apartment - Mrs. Slocombe, Senior Person - The Hero - Anything You Can Do
Volume Ten: The Agent - The Punch and Judy Affair - Is it Catching? - A Personal Problem - Front Page Story - Sit Out
Volume Eleven: Heir Apparent - Closed Circuit - The Erotic Dreams of Mrs. Slocombe - Roots? - Sweet Smell of Success - Conduct Unbecoming
Volume Twelve: Memories are Made of This - Calling all Customers - Monkey Business - Lost and Found- Goodbye Mrs. Slocombe - Grounds for Divorce
Volume Thirteen: The Hold-Up - Gambling Fever - The Night Club - Friends and Neighbors - The Pop Star.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Volume 14 – Exclusive Bonus Disc “The Best of Are You Being Served?”: Mr. Humphries looks back at Grace Brothers’ funniest moments
“Celebrating Mollie Sugden: An Are You Being Served? Special ”
A brand new special featuring the Are You Being Served? cast celebrating the life and career of Mollie Sugden
Are You Being Served? Again! (aka, Grace and Favour) – Episode One – Join the Are You Being Served? cast as they leave the department store behind and head for Young Mr. Grace’s country hotel.
Who’s Who, Trailers and more!
Old 06-11-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! Love those special features!!

I guess it's true that the release date is 9/30, instead of 9/2, and that the SRP is $119.98, not $99.98.

FWIW, DVDPlanet still has it listed as $99.98, so their pre-order price is $69.99.

Thank you for posting this!
I can't wait to get this set, and complete my AYBS collection.

Rob
Old 06-11-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll have to hold out on this for awhile...I just can't justify the price yet, and I still haven't finished watching the first box.
Old 06-11-03, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info!!
Old 06-14-03, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bout time... cant wait to get this to complete the set.