Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Transformers: Beast Wars DVD

Old 05-01-03, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So both Rhino and Alliance Atlantis have released Beast Wars DVD's, but the Alliance Atlantis version features more episodes per disc. My question pertains to which company I should purchase this series from - who has the better picture and sound quality? Also, does either company have plans to release the series past season one because I already have the complete first season on DVD.
Old 05-01-03, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rhino is going to release the complete Beast Wars season 1 boxset in July or August.There's 26 episodes in season 1 and Alliance has only released 3 dvd's with 21 episodes in all so you're still missing 5 of them.
Old 05-01-03, 02:54 PM

Ahhhhh, what?????? I didn't know a boxset was coming up for this. Good news.. Shoulda figured with the Transformer series churning out slowly but surely on dvd that this one would soon follow.
Old 05-01-03, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by Kolchak
Rhino is going to release the complete Beast Wars season 1 boxset in July or August. There's 26 episodes in season 1 and Alliance has only released 3 dvd's with 21 episodes in all so you're still missing 5 of them.
The 4th Alliance Beast Wars DVD will be released on June 10th in Canada...contains the final 5 eps of Season 1. The Rhino discs are 5.1 while the Alliance Atlantis Canadian DVD's are only 2.0. Video is the same for both. Both companies, logically, will continue their releases if sales are good. And sales so far have been good.

Personally, I'm getting the Beast Wars: S1 box set from Rhino because of their excellent track record with the Transformers sets. Plus it's a fancy box set ...you can't pass up a fancy box set!!
Old 05-01-03, 04:07 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll probably pick them up because i like the work of mainframe entertainment. if they see their stuff sell maybe pioneer will let them relases seasons 1 and 2 of Reboot on dvd.
Old 05-01-03, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since season one will have 26 episodes in the box set,here's hoping that the next set they release season 2 and 3 in one package.Since they only made 13 episodes each for season 2 and 3.That will be perfect!!
Old 05-04-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone have this up for preorder yet? I saw a print ad for it somewhere but I can't remember.
Old 05-29-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone?
Old 07-06-03, 10:30 AM
Cool New Member

http://www.dvdtoons.com/news/439

Beast Wars: Complete First Season; Details
July 02, 2003 (03:39pm)
Reported by: Anthony

The benevolent Maximals led by Optimus Primal and the evil Predacons led by Megatron continue to wage a massive battle for the gleaming, energon-rich planet Cybertron. The Predacons now have unbeatable new weaponry at their disposal, including a viral mine that robs Optimus Primal of his personality, and renders him helpless. But now Megatron faces a new enemy, Terrorsaur. When a fight breaks out between them, the Predacon base is destroyed, Victory appears to be at hand for the Maximals. Or is it? Could Megatron and Terrorsaur be setting a trap? Contains all 26 original uncut episodes!

Features:

Full Frame
English Dolby Digital 5.1
4-Disc Set
Interviews with writers Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward

Beast Wars: Complete First Season is scheduled for release on 08/12/2003, with a retail tag of $59.95

-Pre-orders are up at Amazon, and DVDEmpire to start. Not sure where else.