TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 1-28-03 "Suspect"

Old 01-28-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts
Smallville 1-28-03 "Suspect"

Welcome to the Smallville Thread.
Spoiler:
Who shot Lionel Luthor? On tonight's episode of Smallville Lionel Luthor gets shot and Jonathan Kent is the prime suspect after he is found drinking and with a gun. He has a motive for murder due to an argument with Lionel. Lana tries to get her biological father to represent Jonathan. Her father refuses.
Looks like some drama tonight. Post your questions and comments
Old 01-28-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Thank goodness for the WB. Nice alternative State of the Union programming. Heck, because of the lack of competition, this could become the highest rated episode to date.
Old 01-28-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Red Dog
Thank goodness for the WB. Nice alternative State of the Union programming. Heck, because of the lack of competition, this could become the highest rated episode to date.
I didn't think of that. It could break records for the WB.
Old 01-28-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just start watching this show about a month ago. It's really a great show and Kristin Kreuk is HOT HOT HOT
Old 01-28-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
didn't see that one coming (the shooter that is)
beretta 92 and a glock, 2 nice guns
dukes of hazzard jump that's 2 seasons in a row with at least one (Jonathen listening to the dukes theme last season)
bullet causing gas tank to explode with 1 shot
Old 01-28-03, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
I was thinking the same thing - Dukes of Hazzard jump.

Good episode. The shooter was definitely a surprise.
Old 01-28-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Five minutes in it really felt whole theme was Lionel shot Lionel, somehow, someway. But It did not seem turn out that way, not too bad for single ep murder mystery. I am going to need reminder though to do laundry during next week ep so dont watch it too closely. I still dont comprehend lack of storylines and emotions stemming from first time "bad clark" arrived let alone another return.
Old 01-28-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Good episode. The shooter was definitely a surprise.
Agreed, that actually caught me a little off guard - but it was somewhat obvious that it wasn't any of the three that they made it out to be during the show. I just didn't even think about the sheriff - oh, well.

Can anyone tell me why they have to go back to "Bad Clark" next week? give me a break, I just don't know about that whole plot. They had a great episode last week and a good one this week, and then they have to go and do another "Bad Clark" ep. Sheesh, I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.
Old 01-28-03, 09:58 PM

Great episode, yeah the shooter was a big surprise, i thought when they were searching the house they would find the piece to the ship, but i guess not, next week looks awesome!
Old 01-28-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Red Dog The shooter was definitely a surprise.
Yes it was. I could not believe
Spoiler:
the sheriff
did it. That's kinda like Rosco framing the Duke boys.
Old 01-28-03, 10:03 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I thought Henry Small would turn out to be the shooter.

I suppose it was obvious from the way the police bungled the investigation, but I was suprised as well.
Old 01-28-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The red kryptonite episode from earlier in the season was the best episode of the year, IMO... I am looking forward to seeing "bad clark" again because he is a pimp.

Spoiler:
so how does clark save his friends from dying in the crash off the cliff?
Old 01-28-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode. What is with women and hair streaks. First Lizzie Mcguire then Penny from Good Morning Miami and Now Chloe. I don't find red and purple hair streaks attractive. Nice twist at the end. Didn't think they would get rid of him
Spoiler:
Sheriff Ethan
. He was on the show many times. Looking forward to watching next week's episode. My new tv will be here by then.
Old 01-29-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought this was a sloppy episode, and Clark was more than a little careless in his exhibition of his powers to other people.

On the plus side, both Pete and Chloe got a little face time.

I hate whodunits that give the audience really no clues (in terms of motive) to guess the perp's identity.
Old 01-29-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was going to be the butler with a lead pipe in the bathroom

Actually, I thought it was going to be the bartender and that we would find out that Mr Kent had "stolen away" his girlfriend in high school or something.
Old 01-29-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

for the

Old 01-29-03, 07:02 PM

from the begining i thought it was the assistant. i agree that the sheriff was kinda thrown in there without giving us the option of thinking it was him. overall good episode. and thanks for posting what happens in the next episode, really. this is suppose to be talk about this episode. i purposefully miss the spoilers for the next episode as to be surprised by it. sheesh people.
Old 01-29-03, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So....lemme get this straight...the perp of the episode this thread is about is spoiled, but the details of next weeks episode isn't?

Got it.

Also, let me agree that whodunnits that involve perps from left field really annoy me too. Hopefully next week'll be better...

Then again, anything was better than watching Bush.
Old 01-29-03, 08:34 PM

i was surprised that lana's ex died. (this is a few episodes back.)

i remember someone telling me taht clark goes to live in metropolis andhooks up w/ lois lane and leaves lana lang who ends up marrying 'some hs bf football loser'

are the smallville peeps changing the original story in a big way?
Old 01-29-03, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
So....lemme get this straight...the perp of the episode this thread is about is spoiled, but the details of next weeks episode isn't?
well, i wasn't the one who spoiled it, it was posted above a few times, and this i was talking about what happened in this episode not the next one. spoiler or not, you come into a thread with an inkling of knowledge that something may get spoiled (hence why i still haven't gone into the star wars 3 thread in movie talk ).
Old 01-29-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In the comics. Lana and Pete are married. Clark of course goes off to metropolis and hooks up with Lois Lane. Clark and Lana were high school sweethearts in the comics. I don't know if they will ever hook Lana and Clark up. Tom Welling is heading on to the the big 26 will be by the end of this year that is. I only see one more year of high school and then on to college. So if there is a relationship with Lana it won't be for long. I am not a writer for Smallville though.
Old 01-29-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a question from last week's show. actually the week before that too, i guess.

in the shape shifter episode didnt the ship "absorb" the kryptonite. first off, what was all that? also, it looked like it destroyed the ship.

where did lionel get the octogon from? it was on the ship in the tornado episode, right? i've missed a few since then, but did they explain how lionel got it?
Old 01-29-03, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Venusian
i have a question from last week's show. actually the week before that too, i guess.

in the shape shifter episode didnt the ship "absorb" the kryptonite. first off, what was all that? also, it looked like it destroyed the ship.

where did lionel get the octogon from? it was on the ship in the tornado episode, right? i've missed a few since then, but did they explain how lionel got it?
don't remember how lionel got the octagon, but i think it was from lex. as for the ship it didn't absorb the green kryptonite, it basically nullified it. and as for it not working, i'd be under the impression that apart from the missing octagon that'd be why it isn't working.

i have my own question.
Spoiler:
i even put it in a spoiler as rogue suggested. why did martha hide the octagon form clark and dad? especially since clark could see it whenever he wanted to with xray eyes? and i'd definitely use the eyes on chloe
Old 01-30-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
doesn't Chloe have a birthmark on her cheek, or was that Lana?
(from the previous red kryptonite episode)
Old 01-30-03, 02:39 PM

chloe does.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.