Reload this Page >

Vice City - Last phone mission

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-10-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't seem to get the last phone mission (Loose Ends) to activate. I read in a faq that it takes place in the Cherry Popper Ice cream factory. I bought that store though, so is that why it won't activate?
Old 01-10-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Refresh my memory - what are you supposed to do in this mission? This isn't the one where you have to drive the ice cream truck around and pass out stuff, is it? I don't remember that one being associated with the phone missions (but I could be wrong)
Old 01-11-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, this mission takes place behind the Ice Cream Factory, not in it (read a FAQ to refresh my memory). As for why it won't activate, who knows. Probably either a bug, or you haven't done something else that you need to do first.
Old 01-11-03, 12:38 PM

for me, it didn't activate until after I had finished the malibu missions (or some of them at least). I didn't finish the malibu missions until I had already completed the main story and got the credits to roll.

I figured it was the malibu missions that triggered it, but it's just a guess.
Old 01-11-03, 12:59 PM

For me it activated after I finished the fourth phone mission, but for some reason it didn't show up on the map. I just drove past the phone, heard it ringing, and stopped to pick it up. I had finished the Malibu missions when this happened, but had not finished the main storyline yet.
Old 01-11-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mabus
for me, it didn't activate until after I had finished the malibu missions (or some of them at least). I didn't finish the malibu missions until I had already completed the main story and got the credits to roll.

I figured it was the malibu missions that triggered it, but it's just a guess.
This might be it. I've done every single mission except the Malibu and the very last main storypoint mission.
Old 01-12-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recently did that last phone mission. I had already beaten the main story line - but I had not purchased the Malibu yet. When I did, after beating some or all of the missions (I can't remember) I got the final phone mission.

All the hype about the Driver mission really was overblown. Racing the guy straight up took me once to beat it - what's the big deal?