Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I Love My Gamecube!!

Old 01-06-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Love My Gamecube!!

I just wanted to go out of my way, and show much love for this little black box of joy sitting on my entertainment console.

I was in EB today, looking for the Buffy 9.99 deal for a friend, and when they didn't have it, I figured to not make my trip in vain, and look at the Cube Preowns. Glad I did. Picked up Sega's Soccer Slam and Bomberman Generations to add to my growing library. $29.99 each.

Soccer Slam is ****ing incredible, and Bomberman seems to be a mulitplayer game, so I'l lhave my first chance to try it tomorrow.

This is the finest console I've ever owned, and the only one of the "next gens" I haven't sold and abandoned.
Old 01-06-03, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own one too, I don't agree that it is that great though. I dont have any other Next Gen consoles, but I own every other console Nintendo has put out (in the US), as well as PSX. I've never had my Gamecube hooked up through my reciever, its always just been going through my TV speakers, is the sound anything that great on it?

I own Resident Evil, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Tony Hawk 3, Super Monkey Ball (my fav), and Eternal Darkness.
Old 01-06-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm pretty fond of mine too. EA sports is keeping me pretty busy until Zelda comes out. Got a love $19.99 games.
Old 01-06-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I Love My Gamecube!!
Me too. The 2 games you got, Soccer Slam and Bomberman, are games I always wanted but never got. They would have been great to have for multiplayer over Christmas break.

I've never had my Gamecube hooked up through my reciever, its always just been going through my TV speakers, is the sound anything that great on it?
Of the games you own, RE, SW, and ED should sound great.
Old 01-06-03, 10:46 PM

Received 770 Likes on 503 Posts
Thunderball, I'm glad you like it... told you Soccer Slam was pretty amazing (but with just one player it gets old after awhile).

I have (if I remember right, * mean I finished the game):
Luigi's Mansion*, SMBall 1 & 2, Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 4, StarFox Adventures*, Cel Damage, Soccer Slam, Sonic Collection, and WaveRace: Blue Storm.

I have had but sold/traded Sonic Battle 2*, Rogue Squadron II, Magical Mirror and Allstar Baseball 2002.

If you like Soccer Slam and wanna go for something inexpensive and fun, try finding a copy of Cel Damage for cheap... hours of mindless violence. My friends and brothers and I get together and have a great time with that one.

... also, one more piece of advice... get a Wave Bird!
Old 01-06-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I want a gamecube.
Old 01-06-03, 11:41 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by jw2299
I want a gamecube.
Soccerslam can be had on all consoles and Bomberman Generations got an 8.1 from IGN.
Old 01-07-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Played some multiplayer cube tonight. Started out with a bit of Nightfire(gotta love the wavebird as the 4th player was a good 10 feet from the TV) and then did up some Super Monkey Ball(my friends can't get enough of Monkey Target). I ordered the Godzilla game for 19.50 so hopefully that'll provide for some additional multiplayer goodness.
Old 01-07-03, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wait... You gave up on Xbox? Nooooooooooo!

How did you manage to get it out of your appartment? It's sooooo huuuuuge!
Old 01-07-03, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love my cube too. It's the only console I have, except for my old school nes.

I had Soccer Slam, and Bomberman Generation. Soccer Slam was really fun at first, but then got old esp if you play it in 1 player mode, it's way to easy to unlock all their items etc... In two player it's pretty fun, but it gets a tend boring after you have played lots .

I personally liked Bomberman Generations better in 1 player mode, then multi. My friends and I just found multi very confusing.. I do remember one esp. fun multi game, but can't think of the name of it.

Either way 2 great games, and you got a good deal on em. I picked them up both at full price, and enjoyed them for quite some time and then traded them for other games.
Old 01-07-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gamecube rocks. Xbox rocks. And due to forum rules I'm not allowed to express my opinions on the PS2.

Been playing my Cube like mad since I got it. Borrowed Smash Brothers, bought Metroid Prime Ribs and Resident Weasel. SSB is damn addicting. Metroid is sexy. And with Panzer Dragoon and DOA: Volleyball coming out this month, it finally feels good to be a gamer again.

To Nintendo and MS!
Old 01-07-03, 08:33 AM

I love my Gamecube too. Been having a blast right now with Super Smash Brothers Melee. Super Monkey Ball 2 multiplayer is fun too.
Old 01-07-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i think gamecube is awsome, i love mine as well. way better launch than the N64, which i also think is a very underrated system. 2003 looks like its going to be a SWEET year as well. I'm looking forward to lots of quality tiltles.
Old 01-07-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

/me is loving his trifecta!

really, wouldn't wanna be without any of 'em...
Old 01-07-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno, I had the "trifecta" and didn't find it that enjoyable, I actually had the trifecta + a dreamcast..

I couldn't find a game to play half the time.
I couldn't afford it when 3 different systems had must owns debut on the same week.
I couldn't justify the space it took up for how often I played.

Gamecube for me
Old 01-07-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You can love your Gamecube, just dont love your Gamecube.
Old 01-07-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Shuki
/me is loving his trifecta!

really, wouldn't wanna be without any of 'em...
Where do you find the time? I just have the cube for next gen and still don't find enough time with a wife and two boys.
Old 01-07-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joltaddict
You can love your Gamecube, just dont love your Gamecube.
Aww.. what else am I supposed to do on Friday night?
Old 01-07-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pixyboi
Aww.. what else am I supposed to do on Friday night?
Thats what the Pink GBA is for.
Old 01-07-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Thunderball
I dunno, I had the "trifecta" and didn't find it that enjoyable, I actually had the trifecta + a dreamcast..

I couldn't find a game to play half the time.
I couldn't afford it when 3 different systems had must owns debut on the same week.
I couldn't justify the space it took up for how often I played.
yep, trifecta + dreamcast all hooked up Of course, I'm not the only gamer in the house... 2 boys ages 5 and7 They get a lot of game time too...

1. I've got the opposite problem... too many good games to play
2. in this case, I can just wait for all 3 to go way down in price because I already have a backlog of games to play heh
3. my space is really utilized well... and looks nice. Have the xbox sitting on the dvd player (which technically I could ditch now..) and the GCN sitting in a nook on the side. Have the DC sitting on top of the PS2 behind the door of left side of entertainment center.

I just take the games one at a time as they come.... Just finished splinter cell and am at 70% in Jak and Daxter. Dunno what I'll start next. mario is not really my thing so the boys play sunshine. I have both eternal darkness and silent hill 2 to play but not sure I'm ready for the "scare" thing or not I think Metroid Prime is up next followed by SW: Bounty Hunter
Old 01-07-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have the xbox sitting on the dvd player
How does it support that much weight? Im scared to put the box on top of anything. And what if it topples? Somebody could get trapped underneath.

Remember, safety first.
Old 01-07-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Of course, I'm not the only gamer in the house... 2 boys ages 5 and7 They get a lot of game time too...
Okay, that explains it. Mine are 1 and 3, so currently I can waste them in games
Old 01-07-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The multiplayer in Bomberman Generations kicks ass! This game gets the series back on track multiplayer wise. My friends and I had a blast playing it, there are tons of different options and playing fields. The single player is decent, but the multiplayer rocks and with four players it gets really hectic.

I haven't played soccer slam yet, though sports games aren't really my thing, this one looks like it might be fun for someone like me. I'm planning on trying it out soon.
Old 01-07-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

lol, why do people make fun of the size of the xbox? why does it matter if its big? If you can't fit it in your dwelling, you likely cant fit any game consoles so... whats the point?

j
Old 01-07-03, 01:58 PM

Just wanted to add a ditto on the "gamecube rocks" line.
I am all about the multi-player games so I jumped on the cube with the recent holiday sale. Glad I did. Godzilla, Super Monkey Ball 2, Super Smash Brothers, Beach Spikers, Mario Party 4, Smugglers Run.

And the wavebird...gaming at the next level. Completely lives up to everything that has been mentioned in this forum about it.

Can't wait for Mario Kart!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.