Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD shipping

Old 11-24-02, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeepDiscountDVD shipping

How long does it take to receive a DVD on standard shipping?
Old 11-24-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you mean their 'free shipping' option? They use media mail if you select free shipping. Media mail could take several weeks depending on how far you are from their location. For me, it takes about 2 weeks to send an item to California using media mail.
Old 11-24-02, 06:58 PM

Usually takes 2 days for me. It all depends on how close your are to Chicago (where they are located).
Old 11-25-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I usually receive the discs a week after they're shipped.
Old 11-25-02, 05:53 PM

I usually get my order in about a week in Mass., as others say it depends where you live.
Old 11-26-02, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For me in NYC, it's between 5 and 7 business days.
Old 11-26-02, 02:48 PM
MiK
Cool New Member

2 weeks to California? Good grief...
Old 11-26-02, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by MiK
2 weeks to California? Good grief...

I actually wished they would be a bit more flexible in using a faster mail when appropriate. For example, a single DVD weight about 5-6 ounces. So shipping a single DVD costs $1.42 with media mail and $1.52 with 1st class, a 10 cent difference. Yet everytime I buy a single DVD from them, they ship using media mail which takes 2 weeks. A 1st class mail would arrive much faster and only cost 10 cent more. Oh well, I guess those 10 cents do add up to a lot of money when they deal with so many orders.
Old 11-26-02, 03:32 PM

I would say 3-5 business days, and I'm in PA.
Old 11-26-02, 04:53 PM
MiK
Cool New Member

Originally posted by mookiemeister
I actually wished they would be a bit more flexible in using a faster mail when appropriate. For example, a single DVD weight about 5-6 ounces. So shipping a single DVD costs $1.42 with media mail and $1.52 with 1st class, a 10 cent difference. Yet everytime I buy a single DVD from them, they ship using media mail which takes 2 weeks. A 1st class mail would arrive much faster and only cost 10 cent more. Oh well, I guess those 10 cents do add up to a lot of money when they deal with so many orders.
It's too bad you can't pay them the $.10 difference when you order and have them upgrade to 1st Class mail.

Ah well, at least it's free.
Old 11-26-02, 06:52 PM

Another question, if the status shows backordered, when will they get more in to ship!? Anyone ever have a backordered status?
Old 11-26-02, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Skull
Another question, if the status shows backordered, when will they get more in to ship!? Anyone ever have a backordered status?
My backorders with them usually go pretty good. It never fails, every order I place has at least one item go on backorder, even though it didn't show out of stock when I added it to my cart (I wish they'd fix that). Most of the time the backorder takes a couple of weeks - usually around the time they estimate. On the other hand, I may have just been lucky.
Old 11-26-02, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm also in PA, but it really varies. Some times it takes about 3-5 from the shipping notice, other times 5-7 business days.
Old 11-27-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is it just me, or has there been a drop off in service lately from DDD?

I used to pre-order and get my things usually the Fri, Sat or Mon before the street date. Then in August I pre-ordered The Cat's Meow which didn't ship and eventually showed up as backordered. After waiting 3 weeks, I finally called and canceled the order and got it at Best Buy instead for a dollar or two more.

Then the next pre-order I made was also backordered a few days but eventually shipped.

Now, I've ordered The Complete Monterey Pop:Criterion on 11/17 and the website says my order is still "in process", with a ship date of 11/21- well it's the 27th today where's my DVD?

I also ordered The Ice Storm and Bottle Rocket around the same time, because they recently had price drops, but now they're listed as pre-orders(?) with release dates in Dec. I didn't see anything about pre-orders when I placed this order and these discs have both been out for a while now.

Sorry I just had to vent, they used to be so good.

As for the original question, I live an hour or two from Chicago and I would often get my packages 2 or 3 days after shipping.
Old 12-02-02, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
[brag]I get it the next day it ships via media mail[/brag].

That's the advantage of living 5 miles from the warehouse. The disadvantage: tax.
Old 12-02-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
depends. I'm in Calif and have got my stuff within a week. I preordered LOTR:Extended and got it within a couple days of street day.