Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiger Woods 2003 for XBOX

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-31-02, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it in the mail yesterday from EBGAMES, and played it all night. Really like it so far. Some things could be different, but it looks to be top notch. I am wondering what others think.
Old 10-31-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to be a big fan of the Links series and the 3-click swing - at least until they messed around with the swing meter.

What does TW2003 use for the swing mechanics? Is it back and forth with the joystick like in Outlaw Golf?
Old 10-31-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am really looking forward to getting this game...
Old 10-31-02, 10:32 AM

Re: Tiger Woods 2003 for XBOX

Originally posted by JBabbitt
I got it in the mail yesterday from EBGAMES, and played it all night. Really like it so far. Some things could be different, but it looks to be top notch. I am wondering what others think.
What modes are in the game?
Old 10-31-02, 11:04 AM

This game is good, so good, my wife is playing my xbox.
:'(
Old 10-31-02, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I've really been contemplating getting this game. I think I'm leaning towards getting it now.
Old 10-31-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't even know it was available yet.
Old 10-31-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I want this but I'm torn between the XBOX and PS2 versions. The PS2 version allows for extras if your memory card has a game save from the 2002. That's the onlt reason I've thought of getting it.

I've read the reviews and it seems that graphics aren't that different between them......right?

I just want to build my XBOX game collection since I just got the thing but if I'm not getting better graphics then I'm guessing I'll go with the PS2. Unless this thread makes my choice look foolish.
Old 10-31-02, 05:01 PM

X-Box version has 5.1 sound and progressive scan if that matters to you. I have not played the PS2 version so I am not sure abot graphic differences.

The control is similar to Outlaw Golf in that you use the stick but it does not have a power meter. You just have to adjust your back swing. I like it better, it feels more seamless. This is my favorite golf game ever. It is not perfect, just best. Lots of mini game and challenges. 9 real courses 3 fantasy. LOTS of different golfers, real and fake. Cool cameras and fly-bys. Tons of replay I think. Good blind buy if you like golf games.

I have it for the X- Box and Looooove it.
Old 10-31-02, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

5.1 matters but the I keep thinking to myself that "it's only a golf game". Progressive scan is good but right now that wouldn't really cause me to go with the XBOX version.

The reviews i read at Gamespot were exactly the same. I'm not sure if that means the games are very similar or a reviewer wanted to go home early.

I sliced like mad in Outlaw Golf. I was so good at Tiger and then I started to hate gold again once I played that freakin game.

I have Tiger 2002 and my wife has Hot Shots 3. Since she's looking at getting Di$ney golf I was gonna get this. No way am I Di$ney golf. I'll stick with Tiger.
Old 11-04-02, 09:27 AM

The xbox version also has extras if you have other ea games saved. But the xtras can be had without it as well. Just unlock them by winning.
Old 11-04-02, 04:18 PM

So? Did you get it yet?
Old 11-05-02, 05:13 PM

I bought it last night and put in a couple hours. I still haven't gotten the hang of it. I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods 99 on Playstation. I was used to that circular swing control where you'd just hit the X button a couple times to swing.

With this version you have to control the downswing by going down with the joystick until you're at the peak of the swing, then you flip the joystick up. For some reason I can't seem to get full distance out of my swing yet.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be seeing those frequent 59s I could shoot on my old Tiger game.
Old 11-05-02, 11:22 PM

I currently have the GC version which I rented from Blockbuster last night and I am having a blast with it.
Old 11-05-02, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Should be here tomorrow
Old 11-06-02, 07:49 AM

I got a prerelease of it, and have not stopped playing it. The Tiger challenge is great to build up a created guy. I am now maxed out completely, and the 4 round tournies are fun as well. My only problem is, the lack of being able to save the game in the middle of a round. But this is the best golf game ever.
Old 11-06-02, 02:28 PM

Why can't I get full power on my shots? on an approach I have to use an extra club to just get it there.....are you supposed to tap the white button on every shot? I thought that was just for extra power.

Is it just that I can't time the swing perfectly? If I have a 168 yard shot and it says I can hit my 7 iron 168 I'll end up about 15-20 yards short every time.
Old 11-06-02, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Trelach24
Why can't I get full power on my shots? on an approach I have to use an extra club to just get it there.....are you supposed to tap the white button on every shot? I thought that was just for extra power.

Is it just that I can't time the swing perfectly? If I have a 168 yard shot and it says I can hit my 7 iron 168 I'll end up about 15-20 yards short every time.
Have you been paying attention to your wind? The only time I come up short is if I have wind coming at me.
Old 11-06-02, 10:14 PM

Wind usually doesn't matter. It can be calm and I get the same thing. I think I'm getting better though. It's hard as hell to tap the white button during the backswing though.
Old 11-07-02, 07:42 AM
BMF

It is about timing. If you hold your backswing at the top for a second, then release, you will not get max distance. Make your player swing just like in real life and you will be hitting big shots. I have hit several 330 yd drives. Also, your players attributes will effect your distance. My first tourney after getting used to the game I shot a 62 at st andrews.
Old 11-11-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My best round is an 18 under on St Andrews. Anyone else doing the online resume/tracking thing?

There's supposed to be an online tourney starting this week. The web site sucks, though -- 404 errors all over the place.
Old 11-11-02, 08:29 PM

I was actually ranked number 6 at the beginning.
now I'm way down there.
Old 11-11-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Barney1234
I was actually ranked number 6 at the beginning.
now I'm way down there.
Have you looked at the #1 guy? Best game is an 18? What the--?!

Either he's cheating or built a course out of 18 easy par 3s.
Old 11-11-02, 09:27 PM

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speed golf if freaking awesome.

I would have loved to play speed golf versus other players on XBL, but maybe next time. The game is just stunning, and has the sound to match. It controls like Outlaw golf with three great differences:

Heartbeat: During a hard shot, you hear a audible headbeat and you get a controller vibration. It's just enough to throw you of if you let it.

Spin: You have the ability to control the spin while it's in the air. It's harder than you think, because you have such a limited time to decide on the direction and power of the spin.

Power shot: While your pulling the right analog stick you press the white button for extra power. The more you press the button the more power you get. It's kinda like the pat-your-head, while you rub-your-belly move.

Old 11-12-02, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish there was an easier way to read the green when putting. A contour grid or something. I like the caddie tips that tell you where to position your aim, but I'm really bad at gauging distances. Especially on sidehill putts where you've got to gauge the break of the green.

But like in real life, I guess it's better to improve your approach shots.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.