Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD order dissapearance

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-20-02, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed an order for 5 DVDs with Deep Discount DVD. Got a "thank you for your order - you'll get a confirmation shortly" email. And that's the last I've heard about my order. No confimation. No DVDs. No record of it on my account page on their website. DDD's response is pretty much just a shrug.

Are these folks having problems?
Old 10-20-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's very bad. It's possible that your order got lost somewhere. When did you place the order and is your credit card charged yet? If your credit card is not charged after a while, then I think you can assume your order is lost. If it's charged, then you need to contact them to get your DVDs.

I've placed many orders from DDD over last several months. Every order has gone though smoothly except one. It was back in March when I ordered Unbearable Lightness of Being DVD. After ordering it, they stated that the estimated shipping date is in May. So I said 'oh great, now I have to wait 2 months!'. But I waited and when May came and went, they still hasn't shipped my DVD, I emailed them about it. Eventually I received the DVD.

I've also encounter some strange occurances when I visit my order history on their web site. Sometimes my history list would change. I usually just shrug it off. Probably just a glitch in their computer.
Old 10-20-02, 02:54 PM

This just happened to me. I ordered three DVDs on a Friday. I got the thank you email but never recieved the order confirmation. Likewise, the order never showed up on the Order Status page on their website. However, last Friday (one week after the initial order) I recieved the confirmation email and when I got home from work that night the DVDs were sitting on my doorstep.

Go figure. I guess DDD is still having some problems with the order confirmation part of their business but thankfully the order fulfillment part is still working. So I wouldn't panic. You'll most likely get your stuff.
Old 10-20-02, 08:36 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I placed an order two fridays ago - got the 'you'll get a confirmation' e-mail. I waited till Wednesday but still no confirmation and no record of it on my account. I e-mailed them and they said they didn't have my order. So, I took the opportunity to shop around again, ultimately placing an order elsewhere.
Old 10-21-02, 08:51 PM

MrN, that seems to be what happened to me. Its been 10 days since I placed the order. DDD is still clueless about it and my credit card has not been charged.

I vaguely recall that last time I successfully purchased something there, I never got an email of any kind from them and the order never showed up on my account place. The only place it showed up was in my mailbox.
Old 10-22-02, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I placed an order at DDD late last Thursday and had no problems. Received confirmation and order number the next day. And it was shipped a few days later.
Old 10-22-02, 02:37 PM

On 10/11/02 I placed 3 separate orders with them. All showed that the order went through. I received 3 email confirmations that the orders went through and that I would get another confirmation with my order numbers. These never came. The orders are not listed at their site. I emailed them to double check and they replied - sorry, we have no record of the orders - please redo the orders.
Now they have raised the price on 3 of the items (now cheaper at dvdempire). I emailed them back and told them to fix the orders with the prices I agreed to. Still waiting for a response.

By the way, I'm still waiting for my free gift. According to them they sent it 3 times. I know they are lying.

It seems the ship is sinking fast. To bad, this was once my favorite site to order from.
Old 10-22-02, 09:21 PM

dp20957,

My lost order was also placed on 10/11. I wonder of 10/11 was just a bad day for them somehow. Like you, I went to re-placed the order and discovered the price had gone up ($4) on one of the DVDs I was trying to order.

I ended up placing the order again minus the DVD with the price change. I ordered that DVD from somewhere else (which incedentally hasn't acknowledged my order yet either - overstock.com).
Old 10-22-02, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
me too--no record online, but dvds received.
Old 10-23-02, 06:31 AM

follow-up to previous posting
I after getting emails from them saying there was nothing the could do and I would just have to reorder, I decided to call up. After some gentle complaining I was able to get the CS rep to place the orders for me after she agreed to charge the original prices (1 title was now $5 more). While this is good, it would have been nice if they offered me a coupon or something to make up for my troubles and keep my very good business. Oh Well.

As far as the free gift goes she said she would have to check into it and would email me when she found out what was going on with it. As of this morning there has been no response. It looks like dvdempire is going to become my 1st choice for orders.
Old 10-30-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Charging you for orders you didn't place, now taking away orders that you did place? Weird.

Glad things have worked out though.

Do you still use them?
Old 10-31-02, 08:26 PM

I too have had a lot at least 4 different orders placed with no confirmation. Each time I called was told they had no record of the order and had to reorder. I am also getting upset with their preorder process. I preorder a large number of dvds. If they are blockbusters you have to keep track of the prices. They will not lower the price without your intervention. I have called and e-mailed to complain, they will cancel your order and make you reorder. This seems very unnecessary.
Old 11-06-02, 02:26 PM

I've begun to get the dvd's I had to re-order at the prior lower prices. Good.
I had 2 preorders that they lowered their price on. One had already been sent. They used to make me cancel the order and reorder the title to get the lower price; if it didn't ship yet. This time they gave me credit on both titles, even the one that didn't ship yet. Good
Still no work on my free gift. Bad
Old 11-07-02, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still waiting for my Spiderman preorder that was said to be shipped 10/25
Old 11-08-02, 12:19 AM
kez

see this thread for the problems i, and several others have had with these cowboys.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1

i'd recommend that people never use this company again!!
Old 11-11-02, 06:34 AM

Finally got my free gift. It's a Pearl Harbor cap. Very nice, worth more than the $9 movie I ordered.
Old 11-14-02, 01:22 PM

I ordered SpiderMan preorder, got it the day before release. This also happened with:

Episode I (4 days before release)
Monsters, Inc. (3 days before release)
Blade II (2 days before release)

The only preorders that didn't make it before release were Harry Potter and Episode II, which showed up 1 day late b/c I ordered them so late. I received confirmation emails timely and everything. NEVER have had a problem. All non-preorders reached my house within a week. I love DDD. They are about the only place online I buy DVDs.