Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone try dvdbarn?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone try dvdbarn?

Old 10-11-02, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone try dvdbarn?

Just like the title says. Has anyone tried dvdbarn.com? I noticed them in the press release about Netflix.
Old 10-11-02, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they're quite good as i've used to order a bunch of used dvds from them and they arrived in a timely manner. as a dvd rental company i'm not sure.
Old 10-11-02, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, they're quite good. What's cool about DVDBarn is that they'll send you your next batch of DVDs in your queue without having received what you returned to them.

For example, if you're on the 3 out-at-a-time plan, you can note up to 2 of those DVDs being "in the mail" and they'll send out the next two in your queue.

I recently signed up for a free two-week at NetFlix and what I noticed was the complete absence of new releases. Swordfish? was their #1 renter and their "new releases" had months-old releases. What's up with that?

DVDBarn has all the new releases. It's over-all catalogue isn't as deep as Netflix (e.g. Foreign) - however, I would have to say DVDBarn's better than Netflix. Of course, I have an advantage I live in the city where it's located (Scottsdale, Arizona) so I mostly get my DVDs the next day after shipping. And I've even dropped by their office to return DVDs!

jarsim