Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Old 09-28-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return To Castle Wolfenstein (New Problem)

Has anyone figured out how to use the sniper scopes on the guns? I can't figure it out. I can use the binoculars, but I can't shoot while I'm looking thru them. It would seem pretty stupid to have a gun with a sniper scope on it, if you can't use the scope.

New Problem:
ok, well NOW I have a problem with the main screen locking up my computer 2-3 secs after it comes up. Now if I luck out and can click on "Load Game" fast enough, it will work fine. However, the mouse cursor is laged on the mainscreen, so I usually miss it and have to reset my system like 6 or 7 times before I ever make it into the game. Is there a way to either load the game inside a window so when it lockes up I can just Ctrl_Alt_Del and shut it down that way? OR is there a hotkey to load a game (from the main screen, I know F9 does it ingame), so that I can just hit the hotkey and not worry about clicking?

Last edited by Joxer; 09-29-02 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-28-02, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
The binoculars aren't the scope - you have to check your keyboard mapping and see what key is bound to the scope. Most guns don't have a scope - I can't remember what key I have it as cuz it's been awhile since I've played it, but I do remember having to change the key from whatever the default was because it wasn't logical.
Old 09-28-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
space bar maybe??

you have to use a specific key. do what Trigger suggests.

I do not remember since i haven't played it in awhile.
Old 09-28-02, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Isn't it just the right mouse button? The longer you hold the button down, the further it zooms in.
Old 09-28-02, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Lampei
Isn't it just the right mouse button? The longer you hold the button down, the further it zooms in.
WHOA !
I didnt know that and I played that game for like 9 months straight! I knew that the right mouse button brought up the scope, but i never knew it would zoom !......damn!
Old 09-28-02, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok, well I figured out how it's set up. The scopes are the "Alternate" settings for the guns (with scopes) Which is defaulted to the Z key and the wheel button (If you have one). My right click is to reload. So I just click my wheel, then I can scroll the wheel to zoom in and out
Old 09-28-02, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is the main reason people should remap there keys.
Old 09-29-02, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok, well NOW I have a problem with the main screen locking up my computer 2-3 secs after it comes up. Now if I luck out and can click on "Load Game" fast enough, it will work fine. However, the mouse cursor is laged on the mainscreen, so I usually miss it and have to reset my system like 6 or 7 times before I ever make it into the game. Is there a way to either load the game inside a window so when it lockes up I can just Ctrl_Alt_Del and shut it down that way? OR is there a hotkey to load a game (from the main screen, I know F9 does it ingame), so that I can just hit the hotkey and not worry about clicking?