Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Unreal Tournament 2003 demo.... where do I get it from?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-13-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cousin told me the demo was on the Unreal website, but I can't find it there or any of the other unreal websites. Anyone have a link to this demo? I can't wait for this game.
Old 06-13-02, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Read this before you look too hard:

http://www.planetunreal.com/#PQN372650
Old 06-13-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's leaked

A leaked early test version of UT2003 is floating around the internet. It is not representative of the quality or performance of the final game. Infogrames' job in situations like these is to go after the people who are leaking or passing-along this version. They also need to suppress conversations about the leaked version on web forums to avoid pointing at it and tempting innocent people, who normally don't traffic in stolen software, to download it to find out what people are talking about.
[...]

Now that there's a leaked version out there DE/Epic should release the current version as the demo. I think that would just compound a big problem with a bigger mistake. The version of the game out there is missing a whole bunch of features. It has mediocre performance, lacks a ton of AI code, has unfinished levels, doesn't have Karma physics in it, has unfinished menus, lacks a ton of sound effects and music, has unbalanced, untweaked weapons, and generally is indicative of something still too early to even be called "beta".
That sux! Isn't the game itself supposed to be released on the 20th of July? That's what the guy at Bestbuy told me. So where is the demo already?
Old 06-13-02, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's leaked. so you wont see any info on where to get it from here as the developers do not want people playing the leaked version.
Old 06-13-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When the demo is out, we should have a nice unfriendly match... I can't wait to give this sucker a try on my subpar internet connection and subpar video card!

I hope it don't turn into another game like soldiers of fortune 2 where you have 12 years old acting like idiots. I remember the original Unreal Tournament, it was very mature and the people went for the action, not to call you a [expletive] ... if I see that that's all it is, well, guess I'll delete it and not buy it.
Old 06-13-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Feneant
When the demo is out, we should have a nice unfriendly match... I can't wait to give this sucker a try on my subpar internet connection and subpar video card!

I hope it don't turn into another game like soldiers of fortune 2 where you have 12 years old acting like idiots. I remember the original Unreal Tournament, it was very mature and the people went for the action, not to call you a [expletive] ... if I see that that's all it is, well, guess I'll delete it and not buy it.

I don't understand this post. How exactly did people go 'for the action'? What does that mean?
Old 06-13-02, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

People went to play, very little talk, all business, not like a game such as CS where its all idiots insulting you and yelling and cheating.
Old 06-13-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

People went to play, very little talk, all business, not like a game such as CS where its all idiots insulting you and yelling and cheating.
What's CS? As for UT, there wasn't that much name-calling other than what u would usually expect. I don't think UT2K3 is gonna be much different in that respect.
Old 06-13-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that's just the current landscape of online gamers.
Old 06-13-02, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon and some other places have the game listed as shipping on 7/31. About a week ago, I was reading somewhere that quoted a company rep as saying the demo had been delayed. I guess it was supposed to be out by E3 or something, but they were still working on it and would release it "when it was ready."

The leaked version that's circulating now sounds like it's a really old alpha or something. As such, I don't think it should be taken as an indication of where the game is currently in its development stage.
Old 06-13-02, 09:57 PM

Originally posted by huzefa

What's CS?
I would assume Counter-Strike
Old 06-14-02, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for letting me know this is available
Old 06-14-02, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's on kazaa
Old 06-14-02, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I downloaded it (don't ask me where). It's going to be amazing but it is still rough.

I played a capture the flag level that was awesome and didn't seem to have any problems. I tried a domination level and the graphics got kinda screwy in spots.

I will say that the pace is even more frantic than Unreal Tournament! I hope it comes out at the end of July as scheduled. Hopefully it will be ready.