Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Please help! Anyone with website making knowledge can help me!

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-02, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that on the DVDtalk main page, they have a table on the side of the page. It has all the links to things on the site, and it stays on the side of the page no matter what other page you go to. I have a table on my page. How can I keep the table there, on the left side, no matter what page my site visitor is looking at? On all your reviews and news pages, you have the little sidebar table, and it is on almost every page. How do you make it stay on every page? Thank you for your help. Anyone know?
Old 05-31-02, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hard way. The code is there on every single page....
Old 05-31-02, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Most scripting languages have an 'include' function you can use for that purpose. On most of my sites, like www.bigwolfoncampus.org , I include external header and footer files on every page. That way, I can change the entire layout for the site by modifying two files.

If you don't have access to a scripting language like PHP or ASP to do that, you can try server-side includes. Give Google a search and you might find what you're looking for.
Old 06-04-02, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could also just make a template for all your webpages and include that bar on the template. That way if your menu items change you just change them once on the template and all the pages will be changed. Or you can make the "include" that ctyner mentioned which is a little trickier, but easier in the long run if you make a lot of changes to your menu bar.