Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

All Star Baseball 2003 - XBOX Concern

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-28-02, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased this title from Best Buy and I have played it a few times now. I am writing to inquire if anyone has had any troubles with the game. Twice now, while playing the game has just frozen and an error message comes on the screen and says, the disc may be dirty or damaged or something to that extent. I am assuming that it is a software issue because it has never happened to any of my other games. The game is basically brand new, only 3 or 4 days old and is perfect on the back so the error kind of boggles my mind. I tried calling Acclaim, but the phone just rang and rang. I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced similar problems and what I should do about it.

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-28-02, 09:17 AM

I haven't had any crashing problems, but I have notices a "tearing" (that's the best way I can describe it" on certain cut-scenes, specifically when the batter approaches the plate from the dugout. I thought it was dirt on the disc, but it's clean as a whistle. Also, this doesn't happen on any of my other games.

Another thing (not sure if it's a bug or me) but after I earn points, I "cash" them in for cards. I open the pack, view them, and then proceed to save them. However, when I go to view my saved cards, they are never there! Not that it really matters to me (cards aren't that big of a deal), it just irks me.

Aside from that, I enjoy this game.
Old 03-31-02, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just in the past few days the Xbox problem with ASB2003 has been driving me crazy. Three times now in the 7th inning and later it's given the 'Your Xbox disc may be dirty or damaged' screen, and not letting me back into the game. I'm taking it back to EB tomorrow, hopefully they'll let me considering I bought it when it came out over a month ago.
Old 04-01-02, 07:36 AM
Cool New Member

You might want to give this thread a read... It may be your X-box that is the problem here.
Old 04-01-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I rented ASB2003 for my XBOX and played it twice without any problems. I didnt really like the game though =) I have gotten that error message before with THPS3 once and Inside Drive once also.

My friend said the game locked up on his GC twice...in the 7t inning.
Old 04-01-02, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I read the article and in fact my Xbox is 'Made in Hungry.' But I'm still not convinced that it's shoddy, ASB2003 is the only game that has given me the 'dirty or damaged' screen and all my other games (8 of them) have played like a charm. No saving problems or anything, so I'm more likely to say it's the game at this point.
Old 04-01-02, 11:56 AM

A little off the original topic, but...

On the commercials for ASB2003, they show cool 3D close-up shots of all kinds of plays. How come I never see those on mine? Do I need to turn on some setting?