Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DisneyQuest

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-01, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am thinking about buying an annual pass to DisneyQuest, since I have a buddy near Orlando that I visit half a dozen times a year. He's only been there once, on a Sunday night. Does anyone know how crowded it usually gets? How are they stocked on new games and pinball?
Old 08-28-01, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't speak for the one in Orlando as I've only been to the one in Chicago. Went there a few years ago the year it opened and it was a blast. I think we went there on the weekend(Friday) and it was crowded but not that bad, in the arcade area the lines were usually only 1-3 people long on a few games, lots with no wait.

Having the unlimited pass rocked, they had games like Soul Calibur (that was back before the DC was out I think), and Dance Dance Revolution. I must have played DDR for about an hour and a half taking turns with a few other brave people (this was before DDR caught on in the States, not that many people dared to touch the machine but us.) And you could play as much as you wanted all day without spending a single quarter!! Amazing! I hope to go back someday.....ahhh....free DDR...............

I'm guessing DisneyQuest Orlando must keep up to date on arcade titles being next to a theme park
Old 08-29-01, 11:19 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago closing

Apparently it wasn't busy enough, because I just saw today that they are closing as of 9/4. I might try to get up there this weekend since I've been wanting to check it out.
Old 08-31-01, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
if i am not mistaken after a certain time at night you can get in for significantly cheaper than a full days admission. i believe you still have 2 hrs to go through the thing which should be enough. check it out to be sure.