Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Mr. Mercedes (Audience/DirecTV) -- Based on Stephen King Book -- Premieres 8/9/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mr. Mercedes (Audience/DirecTV) -- Based on Stephen King Book -- Premieres 8/9/17

Old 08-09-17, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

The new AT&T* AUDIENCE Network original series from Sonar Entertainment, "Mr. Mercedes," is premiering Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Watch it exclusively on AUDIENCE Network through DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse, and DIRECTV NOW.

"Mr. Mercedes" is based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King. David E. Kelley ("Big Little Lies,""Boston Legal," and "Ally McBeal,") wrote and adapted for television and Jack Bender ("Lost," "Under the Dome," "Game of Thrones") directed multiple episodes. The duo serve as executive producers, along with King and Temple Hill Entertainment's Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey. Sonar Entertainment is producing and distributing worldwide outside the US.

"Mr. Mercedes" stars Brendan Gleeson ("Harry Potter") as Detective Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway ("Penny Dreadful") as Brady Hartsfield, Kelly Lynch ("Magic City") as Deborah Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome ("Moonlight") as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence ("Avatar") as Detective Peter Dixon, Robert Stanton ("Mercury Rising") as Anthony "Robi" Frobisher, Breeda Wool ("Unreal") as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe ("Francis Ha") as Holly Gibney, and Ann Cusack ("Nightcrawler") as Olivia Trelawney, with Mary Louise-Parker ("Weeds") as Janey Patterson, and Holland Taylor ("The Truman Show") as Ida Silver.

"Mr. Mercedes" follows a demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Treadaway) who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Ann Cusack as Olivia Trelawney
· Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter
· Brendan Gleeson as Bill Hodges
· Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield
· Holland Taylor as Ida Silver
· Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson
· Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney
· Kelly Lynch as Deborah Hartsfield
· Mary-Louise Parker as Janey Patterson
· Robert Stanton as Anthony "Robi" Frobisher
· Scott Lawrence as Peter Dixon

10 episode 1st season

Premieres Wednesday night at 8pm ET. This is a DirecTV, DirecTV Now, AT&T U-Verse exclusive for U.S. viewers. If you aren't a subscriber, you're out of luck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rWSJ-1TN0Fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I subscribe to DirecTV and I'm looking forward to it. But, this is probably going to have very limited viewers in this forum since it's a provider exclusive. Rogue and Kingdom, which were also Audience Network exclusives got virtually no interest here.

I'm not going to anticipate much talk about this show.
Old 08-09-17, 07:21 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts
Re: Mr. Mercedes (Audience/DirecTV) -- Based on Stephen King Book -- Premieres 8/9/17

Anton Yelchin was cast to play Brady before he died.
Old 08-09-17, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts
Re: Mr. Mercedes (Audience/DirecTV) -- Based on Stephen King Book -- Premieres 8/9/17

I hope it does well. This is a trilogy of books.

Mr. Mercedes
Finders Keepers
End of Watch
Old 08-09-17, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

I've got it scheduled to record. I stuck around for Kingdom as well.
Old 08-09-17, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I would watch but exclusivity kills kit for me.

All three books are phenomenal.
Old 08-09-17, 05:52 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

The books are great. The fact that this isn't in wider distribution means I will probably never see it. And I love Brendan Gleason.
Old 08-10-17, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the books and really enjoyed the first episode.

I have directvnow and had never heard of Audience. I assumed it was a TBS type station. Was surprised by the graphic content.

I think the casting of the roles so far has been fantastic.
Old 08-10-17, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

if you dont have att or directv, but still want to check it out..
first 2 episodes are free for all to stream online

Stephen King
2 hrs ·
Want to watch Eps 1 & 2 of MR. MERCEDES, free? Go to att.net or Deadline.com . Tell 'em Steve sent ya.
Old 08-10-17, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm not seeing it at either site.
Old 08-10-17, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Watched it earlier today. The opening sequence with the Mercedes crashing and crushing all those people at the job fair was pretty horrifying and gruesome.

Looks like the antagonist has some severe nasty Mommy issues. Yuck when she grabbed his dick and tried to make out with him. I guess he also got aroused by that afterwards.

Is the Bill Hodges character supposed to be American? Gleeson is speaking with his noticeable Irish accent.

I enjoyed it, but can't say it was pleasant viewing.
Old 08-10-17, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm not seeing it at either site.
Here

http://start.att.net/exclusive/audie...cedes/episodes
Old 08-11-17, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Link is dead.

Looks like us non-subscribers might be able to pull a Netflix once they're all available. Sign up for a free trial of DirecTV Now and marathon it.
Old 08-11-17, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A-fucking plus. The opening scene alone was better than the entire shitfest Dark Tower movie. Phenomenal casting. Holland Taylor is amazing. Really happily surprised at the violence level. So happy to see this play out. As soon as the episode was over I wanted to pick the novel back up but I think I'll wait till it's over. Great start.
Old 08-12-17, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. I read the book when it first came out three years ago. There were a few things I had forgotten.
Old 08-13-17, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Djariya's link is working now(thanks!). Gave it a watch. Loved it. Gleeson is perfect casting. Brady seems solid as well. Jerome seemed kinda generic compared to his book counterpart.

Adding a raunchy neighbor and security cameras was new and I guess just padding to make this a full season. Also Hodges was awfully quick to draw his gun multiple times. Where's the Happy Slapper?
Old 08-14-17, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Link is dead.

Looks like us non-subscribers might be able to pull a Netflix once they're all available. Sign up for a free trial of DirecTV Now and marathon it.
link doesnt work in chrome, but works in IE
Old 08-14-17, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by twikoff
link doesnt work in chrome, but works in IE
You have to turn Flash to always allow on this site. Click the Circle "I" (View Site Information) at the beginning of the address bar in Chrome.

Which is nice so I can Chromecast it to my TV/Surround Sound.
Old 08-14-17, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
You have to turn Flash to always allow on this site. Click the Circle "I" (View Site Information) at the beginning of the address bar in Chrome.

ah nice.. good call
Old 08-15-17, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Watched this first episode today -- wow, what a great first episode. I'm hooked. Considering all the bullshit that happened over the weekend - the opening scenes may be a tad disturbing for some.
Old 08-15-17, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah that was a horrible coincidence

I've read the first two books. Was browsing the electronic guide on the TV when I saw ep 3 listed on some network I had never heard of. Luckily I was able to download the first two eps.

I've only watched the first one so far.
I liked it - first ep started a little slow (except of course for the attack) but so far it seems like a lot of the main points in the book are included. Although one of the parts, hard as it was to read, may be even harder to watch.

His accent is a little tough to harmonize with my view of Hodges from the books, but it got easier as the ep went on.
Old 08-15-17, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Odd coincidence but not the first for me.

I just read the book back in mid-May. Days later the climax (keeping it spoiler free) became a reality in the news. Kinda blew my mind at the time.

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Although one of the parts, hard as it was to read, may be even harder to watch.
Spoiler:
mom love?
Old 08-15-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

That other commonality struck me too, I finished it in February.

Yep, that's the one.
Old 08-22-17, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

2nd episode was good too.

I like this cat and mouse game going on between Hodges and Hartsfield. After the bloody violence of the 1st episode, I was glad they made it more cat & mouse in ep 2.

I asked in my earlier post, but the 2nd episode answered my question. Looks like Hodges is an Irish immigrant, hence Gleeson's accent. Was wondering about that since Hodges was an Ohio detective.
Old 08-30-17, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

3rd episode was great. I am definitely hooked. Gleeson will hopefully be in for a nomination at some point. I think episode 4 airs tonight.
Old 08-30-17, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson

You get an actual Chromecast button? Or are you just streaming the tab?

I set Flash to "always allow" and I see nothing different, even after refreshing the page.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.