Reload this Page >

Preacher (AMC) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 6/25/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-25-17, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Season two of AMC's critically-acclaimed, supernatural series "Preacher" returns with a two-night event, beginning with the season premiere on Sunday, June 25th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the second episode on Monday, June 26th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, in the series' regular time slot. Following the second episode, series stars Dominic Cooper and Graham McTavish, along with showrunner, Sam Catlin, sit down with Chris Hardwick on AMC's "Talking Preacher" at 10:00pm ET/PT.

Based on the popular cult comic book franchise of the same name, Preacher is an absurdly twisted and action packed thrill ride. When Jesse Custer, a small-town preacher with a criminal past, realizes God is absent from Heaven, Jesse sets out to find Him. Along for the ride are Tulip, Jesse's volatile true love, and Cassidy, a 119 year old Irish vampire and Jesse's best mate. The gang ends up in New Orleans, where they must dodge local gangsters, dangerous secret agents in white suits, and the Saint of Killers, an unstoppable killer cowboy from Hell.

Preacher season two stars Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, and new additions Noah Taylor ("Peaky Blinders," "Game of Thrones"), Pip Torrens (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, My Week with Marilyn), Julie Ann Emery ("Better Call Saul," "Fargo"), Malcolm Barrett (Dear White People), Justin Prentice ("13 Reasons Why," "Awkward") and Ronald Guttman ("Mozart in the Jungle," "Mad Men").

The Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios co-production was developed for television by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg ("Sausage Party," "Neighbors 2," "Superbad") and showrunner Sam Catlin ("Breaking Bad"). The series is executive produced by Catlin, as well as Rogen, Goldberg and James Weaver for Point Grey Pictures, Neal H. Moritz and Ori Marmur for Original Film and Vivian Cannon, Jason Netter, Ken F. Levin, Michael Slovis and the author of the Preacher graphic novel, Garth Ennis.

13 episode 2nd season.

Premieres tonight after Fear the Walking Dead at 10pm

Another episode airs tomorrow night at 9pm, which is it's regular timeslot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xq2VNi3Rl4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-25-17, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Re: Preacher (AMC) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 6/25/17

"For Steve"

Old 06-27-17, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Do you start threads for every season of every show? Seems kinda pointless if you ask me. I prefer to read a single thread on a TV show with it all combined. Hence why i started the original Preacher thread which can be found here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/485...eveloping.html

But more power to you. This show is not living up to my expectations. But then i knew in the back of my mind it never would.
Old 06-27-17, 08:00 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

There were episode threads all of last season. Lack of interest, it seems, warranted just a season thread. The thread you posted looks like it was mostly before the show aired and development news, etc.
Old 06-27-17, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah I did threads for all 10 episodes last season. However, I had a feeling this show wasn't going to be popular enough to warrant it again. Look, We're already on Tuesday and only 1 person has posted about the show after 2 episodes have aired.

Not every show is message board discussion friendly and I guess most here have nothing to say about Preacher.
Old 06-27-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it doesn't need a episode thread since it's probably not going to get much action. So far this season has been more enjoyable than the last. Let's see where they take it.
Old 06-27-17, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I wasn't refering to doing threads by episode. I was saying it's better to just have one thread per show full stop. I don't like having to jump from thread to thread for each episode or even season. Seems redundant to me. If someone wants to avoid spoilers then they simply avoid a thread until they are caught up.

But whatever... I don't spend much time on the TV section anyway.
Old 06-27-17, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by james2025a
I wasn't refering to doing threads by episode. I was saying it's better to just have one thread per show full stop. I don't like having to jump from thread to thread for each episode or even season. Seems redundant to me. If someone wants to avoid spoilers then they simply avoid a thread until they are caught up.

But whatever... I don't spend much time on the TV section anyway.
Game of Thrones on HBO is one of the most popular shows in the TV forum and gets sometimes hundreds of discussion posts week to week. That show has a huge fan base and that's one of the rare instances where episode by episode is warranted.

If we did a one and only Game of Thrones thread for the 6 seasons it's been on, it would probably have 10,000+ posts. It's way to hard to search and respond to individual posts for someone's take on something with a thread that huge. Most people here don't like one and only threads because it doesn't help promote discussion or bring fresh content to this forum.

But, this is a Preacher thread, so let's not go way off base. If you're not a huge TV watcher anyways, then none of this matters to you anyways.
Old 06-27-17, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have only seen the first episode of Season 2 so far but I was blown away at how good it was. Much better than all of Season 1. Can't wait to watch episode 2 tonight.
Old 06-27-17, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 462 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I have only seen the first episode of Season 2 so far but I was blown away at how good it was. Much better than all of Season 1. Can't wait to watch episode 2 tonight.
I was not a fan of Season One of Preacher, but since it appeared Season Two was "re-setting", I decided I'd check the first episode out.

Was very impressed, will be returning next week, hope they keep it up.
Old 06-28-17, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Wow, this is a completely different show. I will just pretend season 1 didnt happen. Much better with these 2 episodes.
Old 06-28-17, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

The first two Season Two episodes are much more what I had expected from a "Preacher" series, which we definitely didn't get in Season One. I hope the subsequent episodes with other directors can keep up the pace and sensibility.
Old 06-29-17, 08:05 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
"For Steve"

Crap -- I totally forgot he had passed away.

I thought season one was just OK, but this is great so far. Then again, the Odin Quincannon stuff was my least favorite plotline in the comics.
Old 06-30-17, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I also enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the season. I guess I'm in the minority in that I actually liked the first season. Sure it was kinda slow, but I understand what they were trying to do in setting up these characters.
Old 07-06-17, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I liked the first season but these three S2 episodes have been pretty great. Cassidy continues to be the highlight for me.
Old 07-07-17, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Yup, this show has completely turned around. I'm very happy with how season 2 is shaping up so far.
Old 07-07-17, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by collven
I also enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the season. I guess I'm in the minority in that I actually liked the first season. Sure it was kinda slow, but I understand what they were trying to do in setting up these characters.
My problem with Season One wasn't that it was slow, -it's that it wasn't adapting the comic series I read, just utilizing the characters. Now it's a proper adaptation of the comic (with some differences, of course).I'll forgive the first season if they keep going in the current direction.
Old 07-07-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Season 2 has been awesome so far. I also enjoyed Season 1 a great deal, but never having read the comic might have something to do with that. My biggest beef with S1 is how they handled the Saint of Killers story. Should have been it's own one-off episode rather than randomly sprinkling a little bit here and there.
Old 07-07-17, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

I prefer the tone and shenanigans of season 2 by a long shot, but I could see myself pretty quickly growning irritated with a weekly quest to find God and week after week of: Oh, he was here! You just missed Him! And thinking "Well, right about here is where the Saint of Killers should show up. I wonder how the gang will miraculously escape him this week?"
Old 07-07-17, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I prefer the tone and shenanigans of season 2 by a long shot, but I could see myself pretty quickly growning irritated with a weekly quest to find God and week after week of: Oh, he was here! You just missed Him! And thinking "Well, right about here is where the Saint of Killers should show up. I wonder how the gang will miraculously escape him this week?"
We'll see. If it goes in that direction then that's more the producer's whim then the source material. SOK (as I recall) was more of a background player, while the just-introduced "Herr Starr" and his people were the antagonists for the bulk of the book. However, "Arseface in Hell" (as well as his origin) was invented for the series, so who knows...
Old 07-28-17, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Definitely enjoying Season 2 so far. Saint of Killers was very well done (although, kind of a bummer he may be gone already). Cassidy's fingers - ouch!

What a great change from Season 1 (which i found to be just ok to good at times). The show feels more dynamic this season - could have done without the whole tulip husband sub-plot, though.
Old 07-28-17, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Definitely enjoying Season 2 so far. Saint of Killers was very well done (although, kind of a bummer he may be gone already). Cassidy's fingers - ouch!

What a great change from Season 1 (which i found to be just ok to good at times). The show feels more dynamic this season - could have done without the whole tulip husband sub-plot, though.
I'd be surprised if they were done with the SoK.
Spoiler:
In the comics at the end he's on God's throne
Old 07-28-17, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, from what little I know about the comic, they already radically changed the SoK involvement. But I did like they way Jessie duped SoK into making himself vulnerable, and then sunk him. The key now being how does he get discovered, because it's pretty much given he'll be back unless the show gets cancelled.
Old 07-28-17, 09:16 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaver
I'd be surprised if they were done with the SoK.
Spoiler:
In the comics at the end he's on God's throne
Yeah, I remember that - but they'd changed so much, I assume that might be different as well.
Old 07-30-17, 10:28 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

There's some stuff in the comic about Jesse's childhood that would have nicely mirrored that final scene with the Saint. Too bad that stuff hasn't been a part of the show so far.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.