Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outlast 2

Old 05-08-17, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
Outlast 2

Anyone play this yet? I loved the first one, one of the scariest, most tense games I've ever played.

Second one looks great and I hear their are new hiding mechanics.

Feel free to post trailers, videos, etc.. to this post (mods) as necessary as I do not have access while I'm at the office for my job.
Old 05-08-17, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 165 Posts
Re: Outlast 2

I still haven't played the first one on the PS4 yet.
Old 05-08-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

2nd game isn't nearly as good as the first IMHO. I have basically all the same gripes as Angry Joe does in his review. It's basically a game of trial and error. Not Whistleblower scary but the creep factor is all over it.
Old 05-08-17, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 546 Likes on 399 Posts

I'm a big fan of the first one so I'll pick it up first time it goes on sale.

Don't really understand the complaints about trial and error since that was a heavy part of the first game also.
Old 05-08-17, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Don't really understand the complaints about trial and error since that was a heavy part of the first game also.
It was. But this time around enemies have this pseudo magical ability to see you through walls & objects.
Old 05-08-17, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
It was. But this time around enemies have this pseudo magical ability to see you through walls & objects.
I read on I think Kotaku that a patch was coming out soon to balance some of that.
Old 05-08-17, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I read on I think Kotaku that a patch was coming out soon to balance some of that.
Nice!
Old 07-06-17, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2nd game isn't nearly as good as the first IMHO. I have basically all the same gripes as Angry Joe does in his review. It's basically a game of trial and error. Not Whistleblower scary but the creep factor is all over it.
Finally started playing this. It's a nice upgrade from the first mechanics-wise and I love being able to re-watch certain videos you record.

It's nowhere near as anxiety inducing as the first (I always had to prepare a sec before playing the first game - especially the DLC) but it's actually creepier.

I'm not that far in at all but I do like that it's more than just approaching enemies, hiding, then figuring out which route to take - of course that aspect still remains but they've added a lot more.
Old 07-06-17, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just started playing it last weekend and am I'm guessing about two thirds of the way through. I was a big fan of the original and the DLC and while I don't think the plot is as interesting in this one the core gameplay and locations are great and I'm really enjoying it.
Old 07-06-17, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So it does look like the patch fixed that. I'm playing with the recent patch and haven't had that happen at least on normal difficulty.
Old 08-03-17, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok so, the anxiety has kicked in..lol - It starts off nice and slow but that's just to give you the "feels" before the shit starts to hit the fan - the chases in this game are awesome.

What I don't like is not being able to see where you need to go but unfortunately, this is the games bread and butter - I hope a navigation system comes with later installments - it's tough because on one hand I love not knowing where to go or what to do but on the other, I get pissed playing the same part over and over again because I didn't see the gate i needed to push to get into a barn and escape.

They did a good job with this game and looks great - I'm not that far but I'm taking my time with it as I enjoy the environment and creep factor.