Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

'Psycho' 5 film BD Collection (Region Free) - $37.xx shipped at JBHifi (Australia)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

'Psycho' 5 film BD Collection (Region Free) - $37.xx shipped at JBHifi (Australia)

Old 06-06-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Region Free set - this is the lowest price its been with an additional 5% off valid only today (includes the original 'Psycho', 3 sequels, the 1998 remake and 3 DVDs)

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...ection/805835/

Item price: AUD 37.58 + Shipping: AUD 12 = AUD 49.58 which is approximately USD 37.23 (per google...this may vary slightly)

Have ordered from them before, takes a while to receive but no issues on delivery. Merchant accepts PayPal but shipping overseas is not combinable (you still pay per item for every additional item you add to cart)

EDIT: with today's PayPal rate, mine came to $38.52 shipped to SoCal

Perhaps another worthy item to add which isn't available elsewhere is this Region B 18 film Hammer Horror Collection (15 BD + 3 SD-DVD)
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...ection/806400/

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 06-06-17 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-06-17, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
Re: 'Psycho' 5 film BD Collection (Region Free) - $37.xx shipped at JBHifi (Australia

Wow. I completely don't remember there being a Psycho 4...
Old 06-06-17, 04:48 PM

Re: 'Psycho' 5 film BD Collection (Region Free) - $37.xx shipped at JBHifi (Australia

Originally Posted by andicus
Wow. I completely don't remember there being a Psycho 4...
i believe it was made for TV. There's a more recent Region A Shout Factory release. Reviewers say there's no bonus content on this set. Also notable for those that care is that these are VC-1 encoded
Old 06-07-17, 06:39 AM

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
i believe it was made for TV. There's a more recent Region A Shout Factory release. Reviewers say there's no bonus content on this set. Also notable for those that care is that these are VC-1 encoded
When you say 'there's no bonus content on this set' are you referring to the whole set or just Psycho IV? Because according to everything I've seen the set is loaded with special features, including all of the ones from the US releases with the exception Psycho IV.
Old 06-07-17, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
When you say 'there's no bonus content on this set' are you referring to the whole set or just Psycho IV? Because according to everything I've seen the set is loaded with special features, including all of the ones from the US releases with the exception Psycho IV.
yes, Psycho 4 only. Sorry, if that wasn't clear
Old 06-07-17, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Are the DVDs PAL and region 2?
Old 06-07-17, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
Are the DVDs PAL and region 2?
region free. Playable on all bd players irrespective of zone/region coding
Old 06-13-17, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How the heck do you enter a US phone number to create an account at JB Hi Fi? It keeps coming up as invalid and won't let me proceed through to checkout.
Old 06-13-17, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
If you click the Flag symbol on the left and change to the US does it not work?
I feel so dumb. I didn't even pay attention to that. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 06-13-17, 01:39 PM

Thank you, harieseldon, for that info. The same applies to various UK retailers as well that ship overseas. Zavvi, for e.g, does not remove VAT from the VAT inclusive pricing like Amazon Europe does (if order from and fufilled by Amazon). Is there a policy/process to seek a refund later that we should be aware of ? I'll look it up bit if anyone's already armed with this info, a share would be appreciated