Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why were my threads and posts deleted without any contact or explanation?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 06-09-17, 04:58 AM
Political Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had two threads in Politics/Religion deleted. No contact at all or explanation at all. Just disappeared. Shouldn't I at least get a notification from the Mod who deleted them? Why not locked with an explanation? Such as Creek's threads. There was an explanation given there. Yes, I posted news stories, but I also provided commentary.

There's some belief here among some members that conservative/Christian/non-liberal viewpoints are being censored and those people making the posts are trying to be driven out from this site. This doesn't help.

Again, shouldn't the Mod explain why he/she deleted them? Even if it's just through a private message?
Old 06-09-17, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 159 Likes on 121 Posts
Re: Why were my threads and posts deleted without any contact or explanation?

you're trolling
there's your explanation
Old 06-09-17, 06:35 AM
Political Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the membership here ok with member's posts and threads being deleted without explanation or contact from the one doing the deleting? There was no warning, which would suggest nothing was wrong with the thread or posts.

You want to simply dismiss anyone with a different point of view or opinion as "trolling". If that's the case there shouldn't be a politics/religion forum at all. I don't see you making similar comments to those with liberal point of views.

Again, if a Mod or Admin deletes threads and posts of a member they should give an explanation.

It's giving the appearance that the forum doesn't want debate or discussion, just an echo chamber. It's not wanting to end a debate or discussion, it's stopping the discussion from even taking place.

Last edited by Space Ape Mafia; 06-09-17 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-09-17, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All trolling is bad trolling. Your trolling is bad trolling.

The mods actions show that this forum wants there to be no trolling. Good job, mods.
Old 06-09-17, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Your posts weren't deleted; wendersfan merged them into an existing thread (ex: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/13089731-post2030.html ). He did post a note in the thread after they were moved.
Old 06-09-17, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Space Ape Mafia
Is the membership here ok with member's posts and threads being deleted without explanation or contact from the one doing the deleting? There was no warning, which would suggest nothing was wrong with the thread or posts.

You want to simply dismiss anyone with a different point of view or opinion as "trolling". If that's the case there shouldn't be a politics/religion forum at all. I don't see you making similar comments to those with liberal point of views.

Again, if a Mod or Admin deletes threads and posts of a member they should give an explanation.

It's giving the appearance that the forum doesn't want debate or discussion, just an echo chamber. It's not wanting to end a debate or discussion, it's stopping the discussion from even taking place.
Well this is a private forum, not public space controlled by the government.

And as far as your posts/threads go, I have zero problem if they all disappeared from the earth without explanation. I have no idea why you are still allowed to be a member here for the life of me.
Old 06-09-17, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
And as far as your posts/threads go, I have zero problem if they all disappeared from the earth without explanation. I have no idea why you are still allowed to be a member here for the life of me.
Wow.
Old 06-09-17, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Wow.
I know you have significant issues with reading comprehension, so it should be noted I was referring to his POSTS and THREADS, not SAM personally as a human being. I wish him and his family well and good health. His contributions here however, are hateful and should not be tolerated. I am not a mod or admin so my opinions on the issue carry no weight.
Old 06-09-17, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I know you have significant issues with reading comprehension, so it should be noted I was referring to his POSTS and THREADS, not SAM personally as a human being. I wish him and his family well and good health. His contributions here however, are hateful and should not be tolerated. I am not a mod or admin so my opinions on the issue carry no weight.
Wow.

Old 06-09-17, 03:39 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

I agree with Josh and can't believe that a Christian would laugh at our opinion or find anything positive in SAM's contributions to the forum.
Old 06-10-17, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trevor
I agree with Josh and can't believe that a Christian would laugh at our opinion or find anything positive in SAM's contributions to the forum.
You can't believe that "a Christian" would laugh at Josh's (and, evidently, your) opinion that I have "significant reading comprehension problems?"

And would laugh at the idea that Space Ape Mafia has said nothing at all positive in any of his contributions to the forum?

Really? Zero?

I don't agree with everything Space Ape Mafia says, and likely he doesn't agree with me on all issues. But on many occasions he has offered reasoned discourse and asked pertinent and logical questions...questions which to which the "response" was the typical insult which people without answers fall back upon.

I could point to quite a few posters who offer little except biased memes, "hate-fueled" animosity toward other members, poorly-written and error-filled imitations of debate, etc. Yet even those blind squirrels occasionally (if rarely) find a nut now and then.

And there are many other posters who, IMO, either knowingly or unwittingly post illogical, even ridiculous (and misanthropic) nonsense on a regular basis. Yet I would never presume to say that their opinions "should not be tolerated" and that they shouldn't be "allowed to be a member here" simply on the basis of their views. There are members here who do little else but attack others personally, who engage in stalking behavior, who threaten others, who constantly disparage, mock, and ridicule millions of people who hold views different from theirs...and yet I'm not seeing any outrage over their "contributions" to the forum.

Personally, I can't believe that anyone...whether theist or non-theist...would remain silent for those people and not be bothered by their behavior but would find Space Ape Mafia's posts to be unbearable.

Yes, the forum is a private entity and the administrators can decide if there are some viewpoints that cannot be expressed. That would seem antithetical to a "politics and religion" forum unless the intent is to create a bubble in which only like-minded views can be shared.

If that's the case, then it should be stated clearly with "banned" views posted for all to see. I don't think that's what the administrators want, based upon past statements; thus, the at the idea of kicking members out because they differ with your views.

There is always the ignore function for members whose opinions are found to be unbearable. It's simple and easy to use for those who wish to avoid speech they find offensive.
Old 06-10-17, 08:37 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Non of this is on topic. Bottom line is that nothing was deleted, end of story.