Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Juice -- 25th Anniversary Edition -- June 6, 2017

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-17, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm looking forward to this one. There was also a mention of an alternate ending in one article I read on it--I am thinking it might be part of the new documentary rather than a standalone. Also, the DVD features are the same as the Blu-Ray.

JUICE 25th Anniversary Blu-ray

The JUICE Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The Blu-ray includes the following:

Feature film in high definition

Commentary by director Ernest R. Dickerson

You’ve Got the Juice Now—A look back at the making of the film featuring brand new interviews with director Ernest R. Dickerson, producer David Heyman and actors Omar Epps, Khalil Kain and Jermaine Hopkins. The piece details Dickerson’s struggle to remain true to his original vision, his desire to cast fresh new talent, the challenges of shooting on location in Harlem, and the reasons why the film’s ending was changed.

The Wrecking Crew—The film’s surviving lead actors talk about how they came to be cast in the film and the bonds they immediately formed with one another. They additionally share stories about Tupac Shakur’s drive, authenticity and unmistakable genius, as well as their delight at getting to work with Samuel L. Jackson, Queen Latifah and Cindy Herron.

Sip the Juice: The Music—Explores the essential role that music plays in the film. Features vintage interviews with the Shocklee brothers about their score, as well as Erik B, EPMD, and members of Cypress Hill speaking about their contributions to the unforgettable soundtrack and why they chose to be a part of the film.

Stay in the Scene: The Interview—Vintage interview with the four lead cast members on set. The piece demonstrates their rapport as they discuss the importance of the film and its message.

Photo Gallery—Unit photographer Adger Cowans’ photos taken on set.
Old 05-04-17, 09:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Juice -- 25th Anniversary Edition -- June 6, 2017

i love this movie. $11.29 @ Amazon right now...
Old 05-30-17, 09:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Juice -- 25th Anniversary Edition -- June 6, 2017

Even though I recently saw this, I can't wait for this release. The extras sound great, just hopefully lengthy. This was like one of a slew of African-American youth movies that came out around that time. New Jack City, Fresh, Jason's Lyric, Menace II Society, Dead Presidents, Boyz in the Hood, etc... All great. They don't make movies like them anymore. Straight Out of Compton was a great surprise. Hope the Tupac movie does similar...