Reload this Page >

Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 02-17-17, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 582 Likes on 432 Posts

Just got an email for this. A decent selection of titles for $11.98. As always, it might be worth checkering these at CamelX3 to see if they were $10 at Amazon at some point, but barring that it's not a bad price. Ends Feb. 26. Free shipping over $50.

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/academysale17

Best deal of the bunch is this four-piece bundle with MARTY, ELMER GANTRY, COMING HOME and SEPARATE TABLES for $39.99:

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/view/id/2569
Old 02-18-17, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Academy Award' sale

Thank you - got the bundle and 'Boy on a Dolphin'. However, that website is skirting around with trouble. It doesn't show any applicable sales tax until Order is placed - by law it is required that the total cost including all taxes should be displayed prior to confirming/placing an order based on the ship to ZIP Code
Old 02-19-17, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Ordered the bundle and Witness for the Prosecution, Ox-bow, and The Stranger. It did show tax on my checkout before the order was placed.
Old 02-23-17, 11:56 AM

anyone's order(s) shipped yet ?
Old 02-23-17, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Some folks over at Bluray have either received shipment or at least notices of shipping via Fedex.
Apparently KL doesn't send order confirmation or possibly even shipping notices. I'm not even sure the website order ever updated to "Shipped" or at least not until after the package arrived. The good news is it may have been the best packed box I've gotten in years rivaling or surpassing SAE packing

It's been a 18 months since I ordered from them, but that seems like what I remember. Some have called or contacted KL and gotten either shipping confirmations and maybe tracking numbers. I just put in a large order last night so mine is still too new
Thanks for the update. Yes, that's the same boat am in - the order of 2/18 has neither received an order confirmation email nor any shipment notification. I only have a PDF confirmation of the order I saved for myself. Time to call KL. Amazing in this day and age of retailing, that a call needs to be made for any of the above

EDIT: Called KL at 800-562-3330. The order didn't come up with the Order Number I gave them but came up when looked up under my name, go figure. Its been dispatched by Fedex

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 02-23-17 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-23-17, 04:27 PM

I can see the order in my account so at least I know it registered plus the temp charge on my CC.

Fedex/UPS/USPS all allow some sort of free sign up to notify you when packages to your address have been registered in their system. I oftne find even with sites that send Shipping emails that UPS/Fedex will notify me before the retailer email shows up. I registered my main shipping address all services and works very well for single addresses, but no so well if you have 2 or 3 different shipping addresses (or variations of the address)
Yup, I should sign up for those - used to think that would be lending my email for more spam but then hell, what's one more in addition to the appr 300 that I receive everyday ? :-)
Old 02-25-17, 06:34 PM

received my order today. that four pack academy award winner set is not even a separate box. Its just 4 individual titles shrink wrapped together with a separate SKU
Old 02-25-17, 10:15 PM

Interesting, but at that price I have no problem with it. Sicne the films don't seem to share anything in common other than awards I guess it doesn't surprise me that Kino didn't design a special box for it like the Keaton or Selznick boxes. 3 of the 4 have been on my wishlist for a long time and several times I had them loaded in carts at $14-15ea and just couldn't pull the trigger
Completely agree. That's a great price for those 4 titles.