Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

I just got an unsolicited coupon in my email for 10 free dollars at Best Buy.

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 01-15-17, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 397 Likes on 265 Posts

And I'm not a rewards member or anything. All I've ever really done is order off their website a few times.

It came in my email Friday the 13th at 2pm. It expires on the 28th. I just picked up Green Room on Blu for free.

Check your email and your spam folders. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 01-15-17, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 352 Likes on 248 Posts
Re: I just got an unsolicited coupon in my email for 10 free dollars at Best Buy.

Yep got it too... Almost deleted it as BB spams me 3-5 times a day with their 4hr flash sales and crap.
Old 01-15-17, 07:37 AM

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,090 Posts
Re: I just got an unsolicited coupon in my email for 10 free dollars at Best Buy.

I got it, too, and I'm also not a Rewards Zone member. Just made some website purchases here and there. Thanks for the heads up, Hazel Motes.
Old 01-15-17, 08:30 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

And in case someone missed this mentioned in other threads, people seeing only this thread might miss that apparently the VISA checkout $25 off $100 is back today only at Best Buy.
Old 01-15-17, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

I got one too...already used it to get an UltraHD release for $15 instead of $25.
Old 01-15-17, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also got the $10 e-mail on the 13th.

On the 12th I also received a 10% off coupon entitled "Just for You, Seriously... Use YOUR COUPON Before It Expires" that says "Here's to A Warmer Housewarming", underneath it is a little image of a white house that says "10% off A Single Item*".
Old 01-17-17, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the $10 off strategically this morning. Amazon lifted the a-hem, "Prime Members Only" deal on "Lost In Space: The Complete Adventures" and dropped the price to $48.49." Thankfully, Best Buy still had a pristine copy of this set in-stock at my local store and they happily price-matched Amazon. I also applied the $10 off coupon and a $5 Rewards Zone certificate. So, the 18-Disc Blu-ray set cost me a mere $33.49. Patience is a virtue—that's a steal, not a deal!
Old 01-23-17, 02:08 PM

Great job, Aaron!

Two movies that my kids wanted to see and we never got around to it this summer were Kubo and the Two Strings and The Secret Life of Pets. They're both $12 and $15, respectively, at both Best Buy and Amazon. While it's the lowest price either for both of them, and I know that even if TSLOP goes down in price at Black Friday or whenever, I'll likely never see Kubo for $2 again, so I went for it. My closest Best Buy doesn't have it in stock so I'm picking it up on Wednesday at another location across town when I'm in the neighborhood for a work meeting. No rush.

Anybody seen either movie? Did I make the right call?
Old 01-23-17, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

I've got to use mine soon!
Old 01-23-17, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Great job, Aaron!

Two movies that my kids wanted to see and we never got around to it this summer were Kubo and the Two Strings and The Secret Life of Pets. They're both $12 and $15, respectively, at both Best Buy and Amazon. While it's the lowest price either for both of them, and I know that even if TSLOP goes down in price at Black Friday or whenever, I'll likely never see Kubo for $2 again, so I went for it. My closest Best Buy doesn't have it in stock so I'm picking it up on Wednesday at another location across town when I'm in the neighborhood for a work meeting. No rush.

Anybody seen either movie? Did I make the right call?
Kubo is better, but your kids might be a little young for it, parts can be scary.

Secret Life of Pets is $12 at Target this week though.
Old 01-24-17, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Kubo is better, but your kids might be a little young for it, parts can be scary.
I'll second that. I thoroughly enjoyed TSLOP, but it's a pretty typical animated feature.

Kubo, on the other hand, is anything but.
Old 02-06-17, 01:01 PM

Our five-year-old is home sick so she and I finally popped in Kubo and the Two Strings and it's PHENOMENAL!!! She got "the shivers" here and there but really heldon't her own, didn't cover her own eyes once. Thanks, everyone, for the recommendation and to Hazel for the heads up on the coupon. Between Kubo for $2 and Jungle Book for $10 on Black Friday (we all finally watched that last weekend and all loved it), our family is two for two on excellent family movie blind buys this year.