Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

2017 Winter Simulcasts

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

2017 Winter Simulcasts

Old 01-09-17, 09:55 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
2017 Winter Simulcasts

Well, the Winter 2017 season has started. Looks like this should be a great season. Lots of fun shows. Here's a list of new shows:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/winter

I'm watching:

KonoSuba: Season 2 - I loved the first season. It was one of my favorite shows in 2016. I can't wait to see more.

Little Witch Academia (TV) - I've been looking forward to this for years. The two OVAs were awesome.

Gabriel DropOut - The first episode was hilarious. Doga Kobo is becoming my favorite studio. You'll enjoy this if you like their other shows (Love Lab, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, Yuru Yuri, GJ Club, Himouto, New Game, etc).

Masamune-kun's Revenge - The first episode was very good. It should be a fun rom/com series.

Interviews With Monster Girls - Another show with a great first episode. I'm interested to see where they go.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - I love the manga, so I'm looking forward to the series.

Urara Meirocho - Looks like a fun show.

What are you watching this season?

Last edited by TheBigDave; 01-11-17 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-10-17, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: 2017 Winter Simulcasts

I'm going to be watching:

Blue Exorcist 2
Chain Chronicle (FUNimation Simuldub)
Chaos;Child (FUNimation Simuldub; didn't care much for Chaos;Head though...)
elDLIVE (Hitman Reborn creator with Psycho-Pass character designer? Sure I'm checking it out)
Gundam IBO2 (left-over from last season)
Hand Shakers (FUNimation Simuldub)
KonoSuba 2
Little Witch Academia
Onihei
Old 01-10-17, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like I'm watching three anime shows that is related to road cycling -

Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
Yowamushi Pedal New Generation - Love this series.
Long Riders! - through they started before Winter, it's great biking series. It's almost related to my experience with road cycling that I started 2 years ago. One part in 2nd episode that got me laughing -

Ami was struggling on climb and she was wondering how long she have to climb up. Her ride mate, Hinako telling her that the climb "will be over in no time." But it turned out much longer climb.

Ami arrived where Hinako and Yayoi were waiting. She parked her folding bike and took helmet off and then brisk walk up to Hinako.

Ami: Hinako, that was terrible! This hill isn't "over in no time"! You lied!
Hinako: Oh, come on. This is nothing comparing to a mountain pass. That's not a fair comparison. But you made it. Way to go.

I'm trying to find other new series to watch...
Old 01-16-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I'll eventually watch Little Witch Academia. I've made a promise to catch up on my vast back catalog of unwatched anime BDs before watching new stuff.
Old 01-16-17, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Starting January 27th, Amazon will be streaming the English Dub of Studio Ghibli's CG anime series: Ronja, the Robber's Daughter.

Old 01-17-17, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaking of Amazon, are people planning to sign up for Amazon's forthcoming $5 per month anime service?
Old 01-17-17, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Speaking of Amazon, are people planning to sign up for Amazon's forthcoming $5 per month anime service?
I might've had it not required $99 a year Amazon Prime to be able to get....
I have no other need in Prime as I don't buy on Amazon often enough to warrant it, and thus I'm not looking to pay $160 a year just for the few titles Amazon gets exclusives to.
Old 01-17-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I am undecided at the moment. I actually dropped crunchyroll recently as I simply couldn't find the time to watch everything.
Old 01-17-17, 06:27 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Gabriel DropOut - The first episode was hilarious. Doga Kobo is becoming my favorite studio. You'll enjoy this if you like their other shows (Love Lab, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, Yuru Yuri, GJ Club, Himouto, New Game, etc).
Holy crap, this show is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing during this week's episode. So far it's the best comedy show of the season.

I don't see enough exclusive content to justify the cost. It would be nice if they got more anime movies. The other streaming services don't carry too many of those.
Old 01-18-17, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Ah this explains why there's no Crunchyroll app on Amazon fire tv.