Hi-Yah!! -- New Martial Arts/Asian cinema Streaming channel from Well Go USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Hi-Yah!! -- New Martial Arts/Asian cinema Streaming channel from Well Go USA

http://hi-yahtv.com/

WHAT IS HI-YAH! ?

HI-YAH! is a Well Go owned and operated OTT channel offering the best in Asian Action cinema. From new films to classic kung fu, HIYAH! features films from action and martial arts stars that include Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Donnie Yen, Michelle Yeoh and Ziyi Zhang, and from famed directors such as John Woo, Johnnie To and Park Chan-wook.

HI-YAH! is your new favorite channel for the BEST in Martial Arts and Asian Action movies. HI-YAH! is the sound of Mayhem – of flying fists and roundhouse kicks, ninja stars and fighting sticks. Across the continent and around the world, HI-YAH! delivers your favorite filmmakers and stars at their ulse-pounding best: Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Andy Lau, Sammo Hung, John Woo, and MORE! If it brawls, battles, bleeds, or delivers a beating, HI-YAH! is an explosion of adrenaline, delivered straight to your eyeballs. So strap in and buckle up – it’s gonna get crazy.

HOW TO ACCESS HI-YAH!
Hi-YAH! is currently only available through Sony’s PlayStation console as part of the PlayStation Vue Service, which reaches a consumer base of over 40M homes in the US alone.

PlayStation Vue is a linear channel package, like an internet-delivered service similar to traditional pay TV packages like Comcast, Time Warner Cable or DirecTV, but without the need for cable, satellite or long term commitments. Hi-YAH! is one of the linear TV networks included in a specific package.

Availability seems to be very limited being only on the Playstation Vue. Hopefully they expand the availability for this. I would be very interested in this channel.
Old 01-27-16, 02:22 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Hi-Yah!! -- New Martial Arts/Asian cinema Streaming channel from Well Go USA

Looks like they spent a good amount of time coming up with that name. But this could be a fun channel to watch. I just hope they expand their selection a bit beyond their blu's that sell for $2 at Fry's. But since I don't subscribe to PS Vue, I guess I won't check it out until they expand.
Old 01-27-16, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Hi-Yah!! -- New Martial Arts/Asian cinema Streaming channel from Well Go USA

Some more info about Hi-Yah!!

Well Go USA Entertainment has announced the launch of Hi-YAH! Well Go’s first OTT channel dedicated to and focused on delivering the best in martial arts and Asian Action cinema. Hi-YAH! will premiere on PlayStation VUE beginning January 26th, available as both a standalone subscription channel as well as offered through VUE’s “Elite” programming package. While the channel will premiere on VUE, Well Go will be syndicating Hi-YAH! across similar OTT services later this year. Programmatically, Hi-YAH! plans to include films from action and martial arts stars that include Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Donnie Yen from famed directors such as John Woo, Johnnie To, Tsui Hark and Park Chan-wook. According to Well Go USA management, the Hi-Yah! OTT channel offers a comprehensive collection of the absolute best in Asian Action content, which Well Go USA is known for bringing to the North American marketplace, refreshed each month so there will always be something new.

“We want our fans to enjoy martial arts and action films in every way they want to watch, and this is the next step in making sure they get that access,” said Jason Pfardrescher, SVP, Digital & Theatrical Distribution of Well Go USA Entertainment. He continued, “As the distribution landscape continues to evolve, it’s our responsibility to change with it.” The deal between Well Go USA and Playstation VUE was negotiated by Eric Stein of Impact Global Media, a consulting firm focused on digital distribution strategy and business development.

Sounds like they eventually plan to expand. I'll wait until then and also depending on pricing as well. I hope they launch a Roku channel. The current Martial arts Roku channels are fucking garbage and are full of commercials.
Old 01-27-16, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Half the people are going to think it's "Hiya!" and the other half are going to think it's racist.
Old 01-27-16, 08:15 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out when it ends up on Roku.

But right now, the website only lists 34 movies. They're going to need a lot more movies.

One of the quotes above says that the library will be "refreshed each month so there will always be something new". Sounds like they plan to swap movies in and out every month. I'd rather they just make the entire catalog available all at once.
Old 01-28-16, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With only 34 movies, you could probably pick up all the blu's at Fry's for the price of a single month of the Vue tier required for the channel.
Old 02-04-16, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

I had to drop Vue due to circumstances beyond my control, before I even checked out the channel. I'll have to wait for Roku or Fire TV now.
Old 06-15-16, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=atv_3p_...&pf_rd_t=12806

Now available for purchase as a stand alone channel on Amazon.

$2.99 per month

Looks like the movies doubled to around 67
Old 06-16-16, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Do all these movies have English Dubs?
Old 06-16-16, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Do all these movies have English Dubs?
Will it kill you just to click on the link I gave and check yourself? All the titles are there to check.
Old 06-16-16, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

It doesn't say unless you click on a movie and I don't want to start a 7-day free trial without a little more information
Old 06-16-16, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=atv_3p_...&pf_rd_t=12806

Now available for purchase as a stand alone channel on Amazon.

$2.99 per month

Looks like the movies doubled to around 67
Most of their movies have been on Netflix and Hulu. Until they obtain rights to other properties, this channel is redundant.
Old 06-16-16, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like they are still adding, it's up to 88 now. I could be coaxed into getting this (at least for like 6 months perhaps), I've seen probably about 10-12 of these and I'm curious about that many more. I'll keep a watch, at $2.99 a month as long as you watch a couple each month it's worth it.

Edit: Also, I have Hulu, and yes some of these are on Hulu but certainly far from all. Don't have Netflix though, so can't say.
Old 07-14-16, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Looks like they are still adding, it's up to 88 now.
94 now. Added 6 in a month. That's not too bad. Maybe I'll look into it sometime in September...say if they are up to 120 maybe. Then get it for 3-6 months, watch everything I want and cancel. We'll see.
Old 01-20-17, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk God

So I thought I would try out Hi-Yah on Amazon.

They posted the first 10 episodes of the Bruce Lee TV series Legend of Bruce Lee.

I don't know. That 1st episode was a tough watch. Very corny and the voice acting was pretty terrible. Not sure if I will continue. Plus, I heard the series is actually 50 episodes and Well Go USA (who owns the channel) is only releasing an edited 30 episode version. They haven't posted anything beyond the 1st 10 yet.

I'll try to watch a few more movies and see if I like it enough to continue the $3/month fee.
Old 11-26-17, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Anyone tried this out lately? Is it still Go USA stuff, or have they added some classics?
Old 11-27-17, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by stingermck
Anyone tried this out lately? Is it still Go USA stuff, or have they added some classics?
Glancing over their website, it looks like really nothing much has been added lately and it's for all intents and purposes mostly Well Go USA content.

http://hi-yahtv.com/

Probably why it's still only $2.99/month. Disappointing. An all-martial arts/Asian cinema streaming channel would have had so much potential. I'm guessing obtaining all the rights to these martial arts movies would have been next to impossible and really expensive.

I would have paid up to $10/month had they acquired some top tier content.
Old 09-04-18, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI

https://www.xumo.tv/channel/9999302/hi-yah

Xumo.TV has a live & free ad supported IPTV channel for Hi-Yah!

There's no on demand selections. It's like watching a live cable channel.

You can download the app on Android and Apple store. Some Smart TV's also carry the app.

There's other channels as well. It's basically like another Pluto TV.
Old 02-10-19, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI
So now you can subscribe to Hi-Yah! through Roku at The Roku Channel. Still $3/month with a 7 day free trial, but now they have about 170 movies. It's now a mix of Well Go, Shaw Brothers and some Golden Harvest titles. There's a few Japanese titles as well.

I'm giving it another shot. $3/month isn't expensive and it seems like they are slowly rolling out more movies.
Old 02-10-19, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Doesn't Netflix carry a shit ton of Well Go USA titles?
Old 02-10-19, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Doesn't Netflix carry a shit ton of Well Go USA titles?
Nope. Maybe less than 5 now. The majority the rights expired and Well Go took them back for their own service.

Old 07-31-19, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Hi-Yah has actually improved it's content over the last 6 months or so. It's actually decent for only $3/month.

Promo for what's coming out:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8sCpZCRhbY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THE VILLAINESS
TRAIN TO BUSAN
FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGONGATE
THE GREAT BATTLE,
CHASING THE DRAGON
TRUE LEGEND

Coming Exclusively to Hi-YAH!
BIG BROTHER
UNSTOPPABLE THE BRINK
UNITY OF HEROES
KUNG FU LEAGUE
THE GANGSTER, THE COP, THE DEVIL THE DIVINE
FURY FIRST LOVE
IP MAN 4
Old 07-31-19, 02:57 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I’ve been meaning to try this one. Good price to boot. And Ip Man 4? So no US theatrical release?
Old 07-31-19, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by E Unit
I’ve been meaning to try this one. Good price to boot. And Ip Man 4? So no US theatrical release?
I think they mean exclusive streaming home. IP Man 4 will likely get a limited release like Master Z and Triple Threat.
Old 05-08-20, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Officially has their own TV app now. So you don't have to get it through Amazon or Roku channels anymore.

https://www.hiyahtv.com/?fbclid=IwAR...TRc8p6AxExORIw

30 day free trial and $4 per month afterwards.

Supported devices:

Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV and Chromecast.

I asked on their Facebook page if they will have Roku support and they said probably next weekend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.