Reload this Page >

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (XB1 PS4 PC) 10/23/15

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-12-15, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

ACS will take place in London, England, during the industrial revolution. Players will play as Jacob Frye, a man trained by Assassins, looking to take back England, with the help of his gang The Rooks.
UBISOFT CONFIRMED FEATURES:

Put up your dukes and play as the first gangster assassin at the birth of the modern age, Jacob Frye. Unleash your arsenal of weapons, including the kukri knife, brass knuckles, and sword cane in brutal combat and utilize the brand new rope launcher to scale buildings in seconds or take your enemies by surprise.

From Buckingham Palace to Big Ben, fight and triumph across the fast-paced open world of Industrial London using high speed trains and carriages.
Establish Great Britain’s fiercest gang, the only that can challenge the elite and defeat rival gangs to bring freedom to the oppressed masses
Also play as Jacob’s twin sister Evie, a relentless Assassin who has perfected the silent, swift, invisible strike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wS9dtHCyceE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3kGHHMc5dqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hKR42Ci000k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I loved 2 and Brotherhood. Revelations was okay but was starting to tire from Enzio. I think I'm the only fan of 3 since I loved the American History. Black Flag is still my favorite AC game. I'm half done with Rogue and not feeling that one. I've heard nothing but bad things for Unity so I'll probably love that one
Old 05-12-15, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
Assassin’s creed: Syndicate

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3kGHHMc5dqE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aKS8554XAmM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hKR42Ci000k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ubisoft Officially Unveils ASSASSIN’S CREED: SYNDICATE

Though some of the information didn’t come as a surprise due to several leaks, Ubisoft took to the internet this morning to officially announce Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate , which will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One on October 23rd, and to PC later this fall. As speculated, the game–which is developed by Ubisoft’s Quebec studio instead of the one in Montreal– takes place in Victorian-era London, and will feature a grappling hook of sorts and an emphasis on carriages.

Also, the rumors that the game was to star both a male and female protagonist were confirmed. Syndicate stars twin assassins Jacob and Evie Frye during the year 1886, at the heart of the Industrial Revolution. The head of their own underground gang, they take over and rally other gangs in the area to take down the Templar power controlling the city. The interesting thing about Jacob and Evie is that while there are indeed certain missions designed for a particular character, most of the time you’ll be able to choose which character you want to play as.

The developers claim this is the fastest paced game in the series and features an all new emphasis on close combat. Your assassin will be armed with things like brass knuckles, hidden knives and pistols, making it more of a brawler than ever before. It also features an all new rope launcher, which can be used by your player during combat as well as out on the town, allowing Jacob and his sister Evie to scale buildings and traverse the city with ease.

As for the the carriages, you’ll be able to take control of them GTA style, quickly navigate your way through the busy city, hide in them, fight on them, and jump from carriage to carriage. They’ve brought back the whistle with stealth mode, which is set to focus less on melding in with groups of people, and more on sneaking around and controlling the area. The addition of the rope-launching grappling hook will aid this, allowing your assassin to easily sneak from building to building to take down enemies down below. For more on the gameplay and to see it all in action, check out the gameplay video below.

Last edited by RocShemp; 05-12-15 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-12-15, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Assassin’s creed: Syndicate

Black flag was a great game while Unity was a horrible game...bad graphics, bugs etc. they better hope this is a bit better this go around
Old 05-12-15, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The lower case C is bugging me!
Old 05-12-15, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

How many of these games can they pump out within a year or two? Geez.
Old 05-12-15, 11:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
How many of these games can they pump out within a year or two? Geez.
Looking at the wikipedia article for the franchise there are 9 "main" games in the series and 13 spin-off games.

The franchise began in 2007. That's 22 games in 8 years. Not counting the spin-off titles it is still one main game per year. Ass Creed is basically like an annual sports title like Madden. So they might as well just name them Ass Creed 2014, Ass Creed 2015, Ass Creed 2016, etc.
Old 05-12-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The lower case C is bugging me!
What's amusing is that I copy-pasted the title from the website and it was all uppercase. Dunno why it appeared with a lowercase c.
Old 05-13-15, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (XB1 PS4 PC) 10/23/15

I still haven't touched Black Flag or Unity, so this is an easy pass for me for now. Unfortunately AC is going the way COD did for me. Except at least with COD, I could blast through the campaign in 6 hours or so.
Old 05-13-15, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

Only one I haven't played (yet) is Unity, but I've enjoyed them all, including the much maligned AC III. I'll play this at some point.
Old 05-14-15, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hopefully they learned from the Unity launch. If they ship this one broken that'll be it for the series for me.
Old 05-14-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I haven't played Unity or Rogue yet, but I plan to once I find an appropriate discount.

The setting here looks really nice, I think. Love the look of the wide streets, but I can already tell driving those carriages is probably going to be a nightmare. And the hook/zip line looks like it'll address a lot of my complaints from recent AC games, namely the climbing, which was a novel mechanic at the beginning of the series, but is kind of worn out at this point.
Old 05-14-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
I haven't played Unity or Rogue yet, but I plan to once I find an appropriate discount.

The setting here looks really nice, I think. Love the look of the wide streets, but I can already tell driving those carriages is probably going to be a nightmare. And the hook/zip line looks like it'll address a lot of my complaints from recent AC games, namely the climbing, which was a novel mechanic at the beginning of the series, but is kind of worn out at this point.
For what system? Unity has already been on sale for under $15 on a couple platforms.

Black Flag is the only entry I thought was thoroughly great.
Old 05-14-15, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I love the London setting so I'll probably play this at some point.
Old 05-14-15, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
For what system? Unity has already been on sale for under $15 on a couple platforms.

Black Flag is the only entry I thought was thoroughly great.
PC or PS4.

I almost picked it up from Gamefly earlier this week for ~$13, but they sold out. And Amazon has the physical version on sale for under $15 today, but I'd still rather see it closer to $10 before I get it.

I loved Black Flag, too. Don't know if you played Rogue yet, but it's getting compared in a good way to Black Flag. I'm really looking forward to playing it on PC when I get a chance.
Old 09-03-15, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s0NJ305f3h4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-06-15, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone else feel like they're always two games behind on this series? I wish they could just give me a breather with their annual release schedule.

I'm just now playing through Black Flag, having played through all the others before it. Maybe I'm just tiring on the series since unlike everyone else I am just finding Black Flag kind of tedious. It doesn't help that I hate Kenway so far and miss the modern storyline (I don't really count the Abstergo segments). I know, I know…

I also think bringing the games into a more modern era was a mistake. Handguns just make every assassination so cheap. In the first game you actually had to plot your approach and get in close. Now you only have to hide in a grassy knoll and pull off a headshot.
Old 09-07-15, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

I rarely used the handgun in any of the games. Too loud.

Now if they start adding primitive suppressors... Well.
Old 09-07-15, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But they've made combat so easy that stealth doesn't even matter anymore compared to the first game. I can wipe out an entire platoon before I'm overwhelmed (with the caveat that I haven't played Unity yet, and I heard they made the combat slightly more difficult).

Since most missions that were designed around stealth don't actually require stealth as a mission requirement anymore, most of the time I play it stealthy until someone catches me, then say "Fuck it" and just murder every soldier in the vicinity. It's just simpler and more expedient because there are no negative consequences.
Old 10-21-15, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's plays are all over the place now. Any reviews pop up for this one?
Old 10-21-15, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reviews are embargoed until October 22nd at 7am EST.
Old 10-21-15, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Reviews are embargoed until October 22nd at 7am EST.
Well hey, that's an improvement over release day I suppose. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-21-15, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like there's little to no hype for this game. I think the setting looks great and will look forward to playing once I finish Unity.
Old 10-21-15, 09:23 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the creed games, and the only one that I felt was not worth a purchase was Creed 3 (and even that one had its moments) I held off on Unity because of neogaf, and all the bashing it received, but when I finally picked it up many months later (after a lot of patches fixed some of the problems) I found a game that I enjoyed.

Syndicate is probably going to be a fun game, after it is patched. Also, it will probably be under 30 bucks within 30 days, so I see no reason picking it up right now.
Old 10-22-15, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glancing at the Gamespot review, it mentions that the modern-day element is practically non-existent in the game, so thank God for that. I don't know if the last installment had toned that down as well (never touched that one), but that fact certainly makes me think about picking this up more than I would otherwise. The idea of the London setting would normally make this a no-brainer for me, but after last year's troubles at launch, there's no way I was going to pre-order this one.
Old 10-22-15, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

This is the first one I am skipping. The yearly release schedule has me burned out on the franchise. Maybe in a few weeks when it's down to $30 I will consider it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.