Goal:
60 Movies

Legend:

* = FTV

Wife's Thoughts In Blue
- July 1st -
1.)
The Fifth Element (1997) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: Decided to start out with this little classic from my childhood. On a release note yes I know the Best Buy Pop Art version does have the original blu-ray master and not the newer one, but as an upgrade to my VHS copy of The Fifth Element it was more than adequate. The movie it's self is a near masterpiece, the visuals, sets, actors even the soundtrack is something I spent a lot of time listening to back int he late 90's. I loved it's scope, it's scantily clad female lead. I might be getting a bit hyperbolic here but this was the Star Wars of my youth. Not sure if I would give it a 5 out of 5 if it had come out today but it was easily one of the best movies of '97. Can't wait to show it to my daughter in a few years and start yelling at her "Aziz Light!".
(5 out of 5)
- July 2nd -
2.) - 8.5)
Fringe S01E01-14 (2008-2009) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: Fantastic series and I am loving this revisit. Funny how insignificant most of this season one stuff is in the grand scheme of the series. Can't wait for less John Scott and more William Bell. The first few episodes are a bit formuleic but it was essentially X-Files The Next Generation, I wonder now since X-Files is coming back if it will be more of the same or if it will take some notes from Fringe...
(3.5 - 4.5 out of 5)
- July 3rd -
9.) - 16.5)
Fringe S01E15-S02E09 (2009) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: Season 1 ended with a bang it is a bit of a shame we had to back track so much from the main plot here for pacing but watching it straight through isn't so frustrating as I imagine it was watching it broadcast every week. The quotient of monster of the week episodes seemed pretty high here in the first part of season 2 as well. Still a fantastic show though and it's not like I don't like monster of the week episodes it's just this is one of those shows where you can't help but think about all of the awesome in the pipeline. Love all the little hints at what is to come that I probably missed the first time around and of course Nimoy but my favorite part has to be the cough and you'll miss it moment about Fringe division's predecessor being the X-Files!
(3 - 5 out of 5)
- July 4th -
17.5)
Glen And Randa (1971) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: Well, that was depressing. Post apocalyptic Idaho is about a fun as you would imagine, but at least everyone is really friendly... Glen and Randa are of the generation born just after WW3 resets the world. They set out to find "the city" and the rest of the movie is pretty much them walking through the wilderness. It is an interesting departure from your normal post apocalyptic story, there is really no villains here, it's almost like a post apocalyptic Blue Lagoon, with less well adjusted leads. Just incase I have describes something that interest you be forewarned that this movie is very very sloooooow.... Also don't be swayed by the X rating, just some causal nudity in the first 10 or so minutes of the film. Not an apocalypse I plan to revisit anytime soon.
(2 out of 5)
- July 5th -
18.)
Wayward Pines S01E07 (2015) (Internet)*
My Thoughts: Post scrip flip Ethan must take down a group of residents that have decided terrorism is the answer. Terrorism as a plot device in sci-fi shows is becoming a little trite at this point, there has got to be a better way of unfolding the story. Not one of the better episodes but this show is fascinating to think about. I love pondering this universe this is set in and imagining how I would live in it. I have got to read the books after this is over.
(3.5 out of 5)
- July 6th -
18.5) - 25.5)
Fringe S02E09-S02E23 (2009-2010) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: Now this is Fringe hitting it's stride. The 80's throwback episode, Alternate Fringe Division, Olivia vs. Olivia! Season 2 closes with an astounding cliffhanger, a Sarah Chronicles season 2 level cliffhanger and I still have 3 more seasons to go! I often wonder how some shows might appeal to larger audiences and others not... to think what one or two more seasons of FlashForward could have been. Fantastic series, if for some strange reason you haven't seen it and some astronomical coincidence you are actually reading this right now, you need to watch Fringe. But alas I know only I will ever reread this, especially since it is a multi series review in the midst of a huge page of movie reviews.
(3.5 - 5 out of 5)
- July 7th -
26.5.)
Ender's Game (2013) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book when I was younger, I read it and it's dreadful sequels multiple times even. And despite nearly universal meh for this project I held out hope that it might spark the same spirit as the book. Unfortunately it did not. There seemed just too much story to fit into this movie, even at almost 2 hours it seemed to progress with breakneck pace. Everything I loved about the book was lost in service of expedient exposition. The battle room, the training, the learning, the pauses, everything that made this property real was truncated to the point where it lost it's impact. One thing I will say is that the set design/special effects were spot on. Wasn't totally onboard with all of the actors but if we had just this exact same movie with closer to a 3 hour running time it could have been ok. Or maybe as a miniseries with the same special effects. As it stands though it is a passable narrative with enough eye candy not to be completely boring but lacking in substance to the point of being insignificant.
(3 out of 5)
- July 8th -
27.) - 32.5)
Fringe S03E01-S03E12 (2010-2011) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: Fringe had some difficulties the first few seasons with their "big bad", sure the other universe was always looming but no villain was really all that threatening to our main characters. That is until they bought in Walternate and Faulivia. These doppelgangers really took it up a notch and provided for some extremely enjoyable television. Also it is surprising how much I had forgotten about this show in the last 4 years, it seems just as fresh now as it did the first time around, early onset alzheimer's? I wonder what my taught will think of this when I show it to her in 10+ years, will it be horribly dated? Or still ahead of the curve?
(3.5 - 5 out of 5)
- July 9th -
33.5)
Lucy (2014) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: You must be strong with the suspension of disbelief with this one but if you are it can be quite enjoyable. This highly stylized tale from The Fifth Element's Luc Besson is like high def candy for your tv, it is beautiful. The plot revolves around Scarlett Johansson who after accidentally investing a massive amount of mind altering drugs starts to become increasingly intelligent to the point of transcendentality. For a movie about being smart it is kind of dumb, but it is so fun. Next time I watch this I plan to do it hammered, I feel like this movie would really lend it's self to that particular experience.
(4 out of 5)
My Wife's Thoughts: Pretty good, I was surprised, I kinda tell Luc Besson’s movie. Surprisingly good, Scarlett Johansson is hot. Why Richard has that cp-whatever to begin with? Beginning is choto mysterious.
(4.5 out of 5)
- July 10th -
34.)
Wayward Pines S01E08 (2015) (Internet)*
My Thoughts: I realized about mid episode that this is the second post apocalyptic property set in Idaho I have watched this month, what are the chances? So the town is going to pot and the audience is left asking how Pilcher had suceeded for this long, but of course he hasn't, this isn't the first time Wayward Pines fizzled out. With only 2 episodes left I don't think I am going to get to satisfactory explore this universe to my liking. There is no time left to explore the broken world, it is going to all be "this is why you can't be terrorists". But hey there is always time for a few more twists.
(3.5 out of 5)
- July 11th -
34.5) - 44.5)
Fringe S03E12-S04E11 (2011-2012) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: When I started Fringe this time around I could only remember up to the end of season 3 and now I see why. Whereas the first three seasons of Fringe create an awesome beginning to end story season 4 is sort of like Fringe remix. The idea behind season 4 is let's take Peter out of this timeline where he basically won and put him in one where he never existed. There is still interesting TV here and of course characters we love but it's just not as compelling as it used to be. I am liking the inter-dimensional team work though.
(3 - 4 out of 5)
- July 12th -
45.5)
Death Race (2008) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: Vapid action flick tries to be cult exploitation but misses the mark. I actually had a glimmer of hope there at the beginning when David Carradine started talking but that was snuffed out soon enough. It's odd as I tend to like Paul W. S. Anderson films but this one felt so brain dead, like something you would see on whatever lame men oriented cable network. Cliche jokes, cars go smash, blah blah blah, I'll take Death Race 2000 please.
(2.5 out of 5)
My Wife's Thoughts: This is better than I expected but choto too much violence and unrealistic. And that lady in the movie she seems always bitch... intelligent bitch. I like the ending a lot I can give them 4 star.
(4 out of 5)
- July 13th -
46.5)
The Aftermath (1982) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: An ultra low budget Planet Of The Apes, where the apes are a rape-y biker gang and the astronauts are much closer to their scientist counterparts than their action hero ones. Props for having a young Sid Haig but every other actor seemed just a little off. Also I like that they actually go to the city instead of meandering around the outskirts of town in an effort to save the production budget. Some nice effects here and interesting scenery, nothing is what you would call seamless but it is at least an appreciated effort, especially after watching Glen And Randa. Also what is up with astronauts who come back after the apocalypse always wanting to nail post nuke girls. I mean you know hygiene standards have got to be way down after the fall of society. A weird but interesting entry into the genre, I can't quite recommend it but if you have seen everything else this is upper tier bad. A note on the release, I bought the burn on demand VCI version which is extremely dark and did glitch on me several times.
(2.5 out of 5)
- July 14th -
47.) - 52.)
Fringe S04E12-22 (2012) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: Ok, now I am on the same page. The reason I can't remember most of season 4 and all of season 5 is that I stopped watching somewhere in the middle of season 4. Apparently Fringe remix doesn't play quite as well as a weekly installment. So the big event of this season was the Dollhouse: Epithet style dystopian future jump. And while I am a big fan of this type of story telling it does feel a little "oh crap, our ratings are dropping". Also the method of said dystopian future is a bit shark jump-y. But hey I am still onboard and watching Fringe episodes I haven't seen before, lets hope they really focus on the dystopian future aspect a lot next season and don't just make it a one episode wrap up.
(3 - 4 out of 5)
- July 15th -
53.)
Apollo 18 (2011) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: I could have sworn that I had watched this for one of the challenges but after a little research I guess not. Maybe someday I should make a linkable list of all my little reviews on here... or better yet back them up, yes back them up. Anyway here is another movie that requires a heavy dose of suspension of disbelief. I don't see why people despise these movies so much, I mean it is about rock monsters on the moon, yeah it might not be completely scientifically accurate. As you can probably guess, I dug it, I love exploration mysteries and really liked found footage as a period piece. Not the best movie ever but my pick slightly over Europa Report (it's other studio, same time, similar plot doppelganger).
(3.5 out of 5)
- July 16th -
54.)
Commentary For Apollo 18 (2011) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: Well you knew it wasn't going to be great when it turned out to be a Director/Editor track. Off hand I can only think of one editor track I have really liked and it was on Terror Firmer of all things. A few interesting details here, and it was also interesting that they recorded this before the movie was almost universally skewered. I wonder how the track might have been if they had recorded a month or 2 after it hit theaters. The one thing I learned of this track that really stuck with me is that you can buy pre-damaged film to shoot on, might be too inside hollywood but I would be interested in the methods used to achieve this effect, just an odd bit of trivia I was intrigued by.
(3 out of 5)
- July 17th -
55.)
Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun (1969) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: A sort of amazing movie, shot just before the moon landing, set in a 60's version of the future. It involves an international space agency spotting another planet in geosynchronous orbit with us on the opposite side of the sun. The twist in this one feels like a hackney'd Twilight Zone episode but I imagine it was fairly fresh for the time. But the real reason to see this for me is the awesome 60's future. The set design and future tech here was fascinating and several of these things actually came to be. Now the system that allows you to go into hyper sleep while your blood is circulated through the computer, that not so much. Recommended viewing for all sic-fi fans, at least once.Wish the blu wasn't so bare bones though. And how this guy got to be an astronaut when he crashes everything he touches?!?
(3.5 out of 5)
- July 18th -
56.)
Cry Wilderness (1987) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: Equal parts Troll 2 and animal documentary with hands down the worst bigfoot I have ever seen, but hey at least he can talk and is.. magic? By all accounts this is a terrible movie but it worked for me so much. Chasing tigers through abandoned mine shafts while 80's techno is playing, Indians wrestling with bears, racconery! And the entire movie was just dripping with wholesomeness, I kind of felt like New York art museum incased in ooze and this film was the Statue of Liberty. Someday in the future my daughter will be talking to her friends about this movie and no one will know what she is talking about.
(4 out of 5)
56.5)
Wayward Pines S01E09 (2015) (Internet)*
My Thoughts: All it lost, the jig is up, will Pilcher go through with it and reset the town again (well the scenes from next episode indicate that he will, thanks for the spoilers Fox)? One thing I really liked about this episode was the video journals of people venturing into the world to try and find survivors. That right there could have been an awesome series, I could have watched that for seasons. I am not sure how to feel about the series at this point, I was very Gung Ho in the beginning but I am starting to falter in my universal praise. Still it has 1 episode left and a book to read, I have been overall pleased with the Pines.
(3 out of 5)
- July 19th -
57.) - 63.)
Fringe S05E01-13 (2012-2013) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: And as always after I binge on a good show I am left with that what will I do now feeling, followed by the what am I doing with my life feeling. But I have taught myself over the years to mostly ignore that latter one. While season 4 & 5 were not as good as the first two I have to commend them for the grand scope and really pushing the fan service connections in season 5. It never really hit that high that earlier seasons did but it was ultimately a satisfying conclusion to a great show (something that not all sci-fi shows get (especially on Fox)).
(3.5 - 4 out of 5)
- July 20th -
64.)
Conan: The Destroyer (1984) (Blu-Ray)
My Thoughts: Cut down to PG after the fact, there are still little bits and pieces here of the original intent of this movie. I wonder if the original elements still exist somewhere... I always thought that this was a decent followup, yes no where near as epic as the first but the first was an origin story, and those always play a bit better. It was fun to put Conan on a more official quest, fighting wizards and monsters with a spoiled princess in tow. It was a waste to just have Andre The Giant in a rubber monster suit though, that could have been a great opponent for Conan.
(3.5 out of 5)
- July 21st -
65.)
In Search Of Bigfoot (1976) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: So it's been about 40 years since this movie came out and still no more evidence of Bigfoot than we apparently had in the 70's. As much as I love a good mystery I think we can close the book on Bigfoot. This is basically a story about walking through the woods and reminiscing about seeing Bigfoot. A few interesting nature shots (one especially in which a badger steals a fish from a bobcat) but otherwise this was a bore and the on loop harmonica score gets old and fast.
(2 out of 5)
- July 22nd -
65.5) - 69.)
The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. S01E01-E07 (1993) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: I remember seeing bits an pieces of this when it first came out and I feel like I initially kind of liked it but could never really get back into it whenever it was on again. I think this is mostly due to me almost universally hating Westerns at that time. But I have mellowed over the years, found the spaghetti and decided to give Brisco a second chance. And really I have to say that without Bruce Campbell this series does not have a lot going for it. I like Bruce as an arrogant cowboy and I love that there are lots of shots and quotes almost directly out of Evil Dead but the series just did not go far enough. There is a bit of sic-fi here but not enough to push it over the top and away from being a primarily hokey tv western. Lets hope it gets a little better later in the series.
(3 out of 5)
- July 23rd -
70.)
Cowboys & Aliens (2011) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: I must admit to having lowered expectations on this due to public opinion but it was actually pretty good. Harrison Ford is on his game more here than I have seen him in over a decade, this is what I am hoping for in Episode 7. Watching this after Brisco is like night and day. People actually die in westerns? I think the issue the mainstream had with this was that the Aliens were after gold. Change gold to natural resources and no one would have had a problem with it, aliens after gold though just feels a little too Battlefield Earth (another movie that was better than public perception would have you believe). Also I was pretty jazzed that the UV code for this title still worked even though it's redeem by date was in 2012. I wonder if they are laxer with movies that don't do well? Anyway forget what you have heard and give this one a shot.
(4 out of 5)
- July 24th -
70.5) - 73.5)
The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. S01E08-E14 (1993) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: Ok, so we are starting to trend a little better here about mid season, more sci-fi and a little less hokey... except for ghost dad. It's hard to not like Brisco in his safe western setting where the worst that may ever happen to you is you get your bell rung. I am not at the point yet where I am beating the ground for Brisco fan fiction but not bad.
(2.5 - 3.5 out of 5)
- July 25th -
74.)
Wayward Pines S01E10 (2015) (Internet)*
My Thoughts: Wayward Pines could have been a great show, a great series even but it burned a lot of bridges with the mainstream audience and seems to delight in twisting the plot M Night style. I haven't seen any of M Night's work since Lady In The Water but I enjoyed all of it prior to and including that. It is too bad that he seems to have shot himself in the foot with having to have a twist every time. I too was not a fan of the big reveal, some interesting ideas there but it didn't play well. And is not even have as compelling as unfreezing everyone and reclaiming the wasteland would have been. Overall I liked the series and most of the 28 Days Later style closer and am genuinely interested in where they take this universe in the books.
(3.5 out of 5)
- July 26th -
74.)
Rick And Morty S02E01 (2015) (TV) (Wild Card #1)*
My Thoughts: This is secretly one of the smartest shows on TV. It is full on Futurama level of sci-fi but gets a lot dirtier and more violent. Season 2 starts out where season 1 left off with Rick and Morty restarting time and then suffering the cumulative effect of tampering with it. I am excited to see what this season has to offer and hope Evil Morty plays a big part this time around.
(4 out of 5)
- July 27th -
75.)
Futureworld (1976) (Blu-Ray)*
My Thoughts: This movie is 2010 to Westworld's 2001, a good sequel but so vastly overshadowed by the original as to be insignificant in movie history. So, somehow every guest getting killed in the first movie was not quite enough to get the robotic resort shut down. On the relaunch leaders from around the world and reporters are invited to show off how safe the resort is now. There is an In Like Flint ulterior motive to the resort this time and also several new areas and technologies added to keep thing fresh. I really liked it, it was solid 70's sci-fi and was way better than the tv series they tried to get off the ground. Also that was the weirdest excuse to get Yul Brynner to sort of reprise his role in this, it is truly bizzare.
(4 out of 5)
- July 28h -
76.)
Pixels (2015) (Theater)*
My Thoughts: So I got a free ticket to see this one, but I never intended on actually going to see it I was just going to use the ticket and go see Ant-Man, but as I sat there in the theater for Ant-Man I got increasingly worried because no one was coming in (and I have been in theaters before on a free ticket switch where no one else showed up and they never started the movie). So eventually I gave up and went to go see the picture on my ticket. Which is maybe for the best because I was always going to end up buying Ant-Man but Pixels I might not ever have seen. Not to say that Pixels is a good movie, it is about as dumb as the come. In fact Sandler seems to know that he is in a bad movie and seems a bit depressed about it the whole time. There was glimmers of things I like here, enough so that the movie didn't come off as completely horrible, but it did pander to gamers so much as to be kind of insulting. Instead of watching this I would recommend seeing Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and King Of Kong.
(2.5 out of 5)
- July 29th -
77.)
Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine (1965) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: It was almost like if Dr. Phibes made a beach movie that never went to the beach with overtones of Austin Powers. But that sounds way better than this movie actually is. Vincent Price plays the mild interesting Dr. Goldfoot who creates (for lack of a better term) Fembots to go out and marry rich men in an effort to cheat them out of their assets. The comedy does not really play anymore but it is at least a visually stimulating movie. It did well enough back in the day to warrant a sequel which is also included on this disc but I just really wanted to be watching a Phibes movie the whole time.
(2.5 out of 5)
- July 30th -
77.5) - 81.)
Brisco County Jr. S01E15-22 (1993 - 1994) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: The show is really hitting its stride here, had there been more of this at the beginning I would have been much more on the ball on this show back in the 90's. Loving the time travel aspects and the plots seem genuinely more interesting here in the middle. On another note there is a lot of backlot action, that Paramount studio tour ruined me for a lot of tv shows. It's decent show and I am going to enjoyed the continued distraction off challenge.
(3 - 3.5 out of 5)
- July 31st -
82.)
Silent Warnings (2003) (DVD)*
My Thoughts: Well I guess I saved the worst for last. This horrible rip off of Signs has some surprising star power behind it. They open with a lesser Baldwin that they apparently rented for the day and also still had enough money left over for Billy Zane! I am working on the theory that Billy is just doing this for a friend though, he is way to good for trash like this. Anyway this future amaray donor contains some of the worst aliens ever to grace the screen. Like someone rendered these on their home computer bad. A disappointing end for the challenge.
(1.5 out of 5)
My Wife's Thoughts: No story behind, very disappointing. They did great the beginning but I don’t understand why they suck like this. I don’t trust Big Lots movie anymore. Seriously this movie was suck.
(1.5 out of 5)
Awards
Spoiler:

Best Title Watched:
The Fifth Element

Worst Title Watched:
Silent Warnings

Least Desirable Post Apocalyptic Future:
Post Apocalyptic Idaho from Glen And Randa

Most Desirable Post Apocalyptic Future:
The Wayward Pines Facility (Also In Post Apocalyptic Idaho)

Challenge Surprises (In A Good Way):
Future World
Lucy
Cowboys Vs Alien

Movie Most Likely To Be Detrimental To The IQ Of The Viewer:
Pixels

WTF Award
Cry Wilderness
Checklist
Spoiler:

3 Wildcards allowed

Watch one film from every decade, starting with the 1900s.
--- 1900(No time limit but must be at least complete short film) - (optional)
--- 1910(No time limit but must be at least complete short film) - (optional)
--- 1920 -
--- 1930 -
--- 1940 -
--- 1950 -
-x- 1960 - Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun (1969)
...............Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine (1965)
-x- 1970 - Glen And Randa (1971)
...............In Search Of Bigfoot (1976)
...............Futureworld (1976)
-x- 1980 - The Aftermath (1982)
...............Cry Wilderness (1987)
...............Conan: The Destroyer (1984)
-x- 1990 - The Fifth Element (1997)
...............The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. S01E01-E22 (1993-1994)
-x- 2000 - Fringe S01E01-S05E13 (2008-2013)
...............Death Race (2008)
...............Silent Warnings (2003)
-x- 2010 - Wayward Pines S01E07-10 (2015)
...............Ender's Game (2013)
...............Lucy (2014)
...............Apollo 18 (2011)
...............Commentary For Apollo 18 (2011)
...............Cowboys & Aliens (2011)
...............Rick And Morty S02E01 (2015)
...............Pixels (2015)

Watch a film for each rating
-x- G - Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun
-x- PG - Cry Wilderness
............Conan: The Destroyer
............Futureworld
-x- PG-13 - The Fifth Element
.................Ender's Game
.................Cowboys & Aliens
.................Pixels
-x- R - Lucy
..........Apollo 18
..........Commentary For Apollo 18
..........Silent Warnings
-x- X/NC-17(Optional) - Glen And Randa
-x- Unrated - Fringe S01E01-S05E13
...................Wayward Pines S01E07-10
...................Death Race
...................The Aftermath
...................In Search Of Bigfoot
...................The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. S01E01-E22
...................Rick And Morty S02E01
...................Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine

Watch films in at least two languages other than English.
--- First language -
--- Second language -

Watch a film in 12 of the following:
--- Watch a MST3K/Rifftrax/Cinematic Titanic/Hosted version of a sci-fi/fantasy film -
-x- Watch a film featuring laser blasters - Ender's Game
..........................................................Cowboys & Aliens
..........................................................Rick And Morty S02E01
-x- Watch a film made on a low budget (ex. Corman or Castle movie) - Glen And Randa
...................................................................................................The Aftermath
...................................................................................................Silent Warnings
-x- Watch a film based on a novel - Wayward Pines S01E07-10
..................................................Ender's Game
..................................................Futureworld
-x- Watch a film which was nominated for a Hugo or Saturn Award- Cowboys & Aliens
-x- Watch a Documentary Feature - In Search Of Bigfoot
--- Watch a Film From the Criterion Collection (Doesn't have to be Criterion Version) -
--- Watch a film with commentary - Commentary For Apollo 18
--- Watch a film and at least two sequels -
--- Watch a film that takes place underneath the Earth -
-x- Watch a film that takes place in space - The Fifth Element
.............................................................Ender's Game
.............................................................Apollo 18
.............................................................Commentary For Apollo 18
--- Watch a film that takes place on or under the sea -
--- Watch an animated film -
--- Watch a film with special effects by Ray Harryhausen -
-x- Watch a film that takes place in the "future" but the year has already come and gone - Death Race
--- Watch a film and its remake/reboot

He's dead, Jim. Watch 4 out of the following:
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late Gene Roddenberry -
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late Ray Bradbury -
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late Phillip K. Dick -
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late Edgar Rice Burroughs -
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late Jules Verne -
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late HP Lovecraft -
--- Written by/inspired by/or related in some way to the late Richard Matheson -
--- Watch a film starring Christopher Lee -

Watch 10 films directed/produced/written by:
--- James Cameron
--- Steven Spielberg
--- Terry Gilliam
--- Tim Burton
--- Hayao Miyazaki
--- David Cronenberg
--- James Whale
--- Ridley Scott
--- Paul Verhoeven
--- Robert Wise
--- Robert Zemeckis
--- The Wachowskis
--- Jerry Warren
-x- J. J. Abrams - Fringe S01E01-S05E13
--- Samuel Z. Arkoff
--- David Twohy
--- Richard Fleischer
--- William Cameron Menzies
--- Kevin Connor
--- Alex Proyas
--- Fritz Lang
--- George Melies
--- George Miller
--- George Lucas
--- John Carpenter

Watch a film in 28 of the following subgenres:
-x- Alien invasion - Ender's Game
...........................Cowboys & Aliens
...........................Pixels
...........................Silent Warnings
-x- Horror - Silent Warnings
-x- Dystopian Society - [b]Wayward Pines S01E07-10/b]
.................................Death Race
-x- Post-Apocalyptic - Glen And Randa
...............................[b]Wayward Pines S01E07-10/b]
...............................The Aftermath
-x- Alternate History - [b]Fringe S01E01-S05E13/b]
-x- Robot/Android - The Fifth Element
............................Futureworld
............................Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine
--- Immortality -
-x- Space Opera/Serial - The Fifth Element
-x- Mutants (non-critter) - Fringe S01E01-S05E13
......................................The Aftermath
--- Comic Book -
-x- Mad Scientist - [b]Fringe S01E01-S05E13/b]
...........................[b]Wayward Pines S01E07-10/b]
...........................The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. S01E01-E22
...........................Rick And Morty S02E01
...........................Futureworld
...........................Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine
-x- Comedy - Pixels
....................Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine
-x- Time travel - The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. S01E01-E22
--- Giant Critters -
--- Prehistoric -
--- Paranormal -
--- Kaiju -
--- Tech Noir -
-x- First Contact - Apollo 18
..........................Commentary For Apollo 18
..........................Cowboys & Aliens
--- Space Soldiers -
-x- Magical Beings - Cry Wilderness
.............................Conan: The Destroyer
--- Future Crimes -
-x- Animalcadabra - Cry Wilderness
-x- Myths & Legends - Cry Wilderness
................................In Search Of Bigfoot
--- Worst Movie Ever -
--- Arthurian Fantasy -
--- Based on fairy tale -
--- Urban Fantasy -
-x- High Fantasy - Conan: The Destroyer
-x- Sword and Sorcery - Conan: The Destroyer
--- Dark Fantasy -
--- Martial Arts Fantasy -

Watch a film starring 20 of the following actors:
--- James McAvoy
--- David Warner
--- Edward James Olmos
--- Sir Ian McKellen
--- Liv Tyler
--- Peter Dinklage
--- Charlize Theron
--- Winona Ryder
--- Lena Headey
--- Zoe Saldana
--- Ian Holm
--- Boris Karloff
--- Sir Cedric Hardwicke
--- Lionel Atwill
--- Evelyn Ankers
--- Abbott & Costello
--- Peter Graves
--- Hugh Marlowe
--- Richard Denning
--- Susan Cabot
--- Samuel L. Jackson
--- Tommy Kirk
--- Raquel Welch
--- Ray Milland
--- Roddy McDowall
-x- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Conan: The Destroyer
--- Kurt Russell
--- Sigourney Weaver
--- Alan Rickman
--- Ted Cassidy
--- Arthur Franz
--- Doug McClure
-x- Harrison Ford - Ender's Game
--- Andy Serkis
--- Gina Torres
--- Nick Frost
--- Callum Keith Rennie
--- Michelle Forbes
--- Michelle Rodriguez
--- Keith David
-x- Scarlett Johansson - Lucy

Last edited by SterlingBen; 08-09-15 at 12:30 AM.