Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does DVD Empire ship early, on time, or late?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Does DVD Empire ship early, on time, or late?

Old 06-29-01, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed that they usually have preorders up faster tahn Buy.com, and about the same price. With Buy.com, get my preorders either the Saturday or Monday before, or the Wednesday after the street date. So at the latest I have it the day after street. How is DVD Empire on shipping preorders. Also, unlike Amazon, Buy lets you combine different preorder dates on one order without charging you the full shipping price for each different date- saves about $1 shipping/movie. Does DVD Empire do that too?
Old 06-29-01, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DVD Empire Shipping

DVD Empire usually ships the Friday before the release date so I get my movies by Monday. I have never spread my preorders out over a couple of weeks though so I do not know what they do with shipping costs. IMHO DVD Empire is the BEST for pre-orders. Very cheap prices as well as quick shipping. I never receive my Amazon pre-orders until the Friday AFTER they are released at the earliest! Only bad thing about DVD Empire is THEY NEVER HAVE COUPONS!!!

Enjoy your DVD's! :-)

Old 06-30-01, 02:47 AM

I have been using them for the last six months and I always got my movies before or on street. I order 5-6 films a week and I place my orders the wednesday before they come out. Their pre-order tool makes it really easy to do this.

In fact, I can only think of one instance where I didn't get a film (howling 3) and it just got confirmation that it shipped today..So, I reccomend them!

Old 06-30-01, 07:09 AM
Banned

DVDEMPIRE =
Old 07-01-01, 02:44 PM
Red

Empire will let you combine items with different release dates in the same order so that you get the pre-order price for each item. But they will ship all the items together after all the items have been released. You can ask Empire to ship each pre-order item separately as it is released, but they'll charge you extra shipping(the fix per shipment rate) for each separate shipment.

My experience with these guys have been pretty good. I've been buying from them for a year now - love their order tracking software which also tracks credits, refunds, and returns; and they've always answered my e-mails within 24 hours. They've been pretty quick and reliable.

[Edited by Red on 07-01-01 at 12:58 PM]
Old 07-01-01, 08:51 PM

If you want service over a cheaper discount on a title here or there...then DVDEmpire is the way to go. They have never been even a day after street date late for me. Usually I get my orders on Monday from them. Although I had my latest order FedExed(2day) and it took a day longer than US Priority.

I've got the Godfather Collection and Snow White on order from them. That means I should get them on 10/8/2001.
Old 07-02-01, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by Dexter

DVDEMPIRE =
I always get my pre-orders on the day before the relase date. DVDEMPIRE ROCKS...
Old 07-02-01, 08:59 PM

I got my howling 3 today, along with six other dvd's. I know you don't care about my shopping list, but that makes DVDEmpire 100% in my book!