Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

How about a For Sale Forum???

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

How about a For Sale Forum???

Old 06-23-01, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just thinking this might be a good way for some of us to sell/buy Home Theater equipment or computer components. We could ask people to post in a certain format, for example "FS - Onkyo 575x receiver - Portland, OR", or "Wanted - Onkyo 575x receiver - Portland, OR", or "For Trade - Onkyo 575x receiver - Portland, OR". Then, perhaps someone could make a post with a list of people who have made trades and were satisfied. People could e-mail the maintainer of the list to tell them to give a thumbs up or down on the transaction and thus add to a running tally.

Of course, electronics and computers just seemed like the logical choice for this website, but we could extend it to include other items I suppose. Anyhow, just an idea. I figured this would be a good place to search for equipment that I might want/need, or for others to find it. Plus, I have a bit more peace of mind buying from DVDTalk members than from E-bay people even when they have a high rating.

Old 06-24-01, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am sure it would be ok to do that in the Exchange forum.
Old 06-24-01, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by SnoopDogg
I am sure it would be ok to do that in the Exchange forum.
Well, this way we could keep it separate from the DVD exchangers. There are a lot frequent exchangers and I'm sure they wouldn't want the extra posts to have to filter through.
Old 06-24-01, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
hey hahn, what do you know ... you finally got a response. anyway, i think it IS an interesting idea.

Old 06-24-01, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like the idea. I think that it is just as good as the dvd exchange idea

I might sell a dvd or two however I can never find any I want to trade
Old 06-24-01, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it is a fine idea that would address a need many members have expressed in the past. I just think DVDTalk would have to look into what it's liability could be, before proceeding.
Old 06-24-01, 11:38 PM
Registered

This is a tough one. We're very lucky to have such an amazing moderator in the DVD Exchange area, and he does a real solid job of keeping things under check and dealing with bad trades.

We DO have a relationship with <a href="http://dvdtalk.switchouse.com/movies.html?promo=18.3">Switchouse</a> where you can trade more than just DVDs.

Just not sure if this would work out on DVD Talk...
Old 06-25-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

is there a way to do it without a moderator and to simply put a disclaimer on that dvdtalk is in no way responsible for transactions? firingsquad.com and many other forums have successfully launched For Sale forums without much incidence and i would actually tend to trust people here, much more than on those sites. plus, if we posted in certain formats like by stating where you're at, some of us might be able to do the trade in person and locally which would decrease the chance of being ripped off.

well, i haven't checked out the switchhouse site yet so maybe i'll do that. but i figured since i frequented this site so often, it may have been a more convenient way for me (and thus, perhaps for many others).

Originally posted by gkleinman
This is a tough one. We're very lucky to have such an amazing moderator in the DVD Exchange area, and he does a real solid job of keeping things under check and dealing with bad trades.

We DO have a relationship with <a href="http://dvdtalk.switchouse.com/movies.html?promo=18.3">Switchouse</a> where you can trade more than just DVDs.

Just not sure if this would work out on DVD Talk...