Reload this Page >

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-21-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[This thread supersedes Part V, which has become quite long and over a year old.]

This thread is intended as a place to list Sale Offer Codes that may be of interest to other Columbia House DVD Club members.

Sale offer codes differ from Enrollment codes.

Click the pic to join... the new deal sucks but here's the link for it.

Packages can be tracked here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I sign up?
Go to Columbia House website. Select your titles and then give them your information.

How do I contact customer service?
You can contact Customer service by calling (1-717-918-3232) however the best method to of contacting customer service is to use the contact form on the webpage. To make payment over the phone, you can call (1-800-408-8905)

I signed up and placed my order, but still haven't gotten a confirmation email!?
Don't worry it can take a little bit of time for the e-mail confirmation to come through (if at all). After you sign up you should be able to login to the website, though if/when you check your order history it may take a day or two for the order to actually show up. So if it hasn't shown up and it's been less than 48 hours, don't panic! Also at some point get a 'You've been granted access' e-mail and from there you If you don't see your order after 48 hours or you still haven't gotten the 'You've been granted access' e-mail then we suggest contacting customer service via the Contact form on the webpage.

What Counts as a "Commitment Title"?
Commitment Titles, are Blu-Rays (or DVDs) which count towards your commitment of purchasing 2-3 titles within 24 months. Typically any title that is $19.95 or higher will count towards your commitment.
If a title is over $39.94 it will count towards 2 commitment titles; if it's over $59.94 it will count towards 3 commitment titles; over $79.94 counts as 4 and over $99.94 it counts as 5.

Can I order both commitment titles at the same time and save on S/H?
Generally, you will not purchase the 2 at the same time due to "buy 1, get X% off other movies" promos, since only titles priced above $19.95 count towards your commitment.

I completed my commitment, now what?
Once you've completed your commitment you have a few options available to you. You can continue to be a member and take advantage of various sales. You can call (1-717-918-3232) and let them know you want to cancel -- though it is usually much easier to use the contact form and cancel that way. It is recommended that if you've completed your commitment and are going to cancel, that you wait until you've received all of your titles before doing so, just to make sure everything gets processed and is in the condition expected and then use the contact form.

Where do the orders ship from?
It appears that CH ships everything from Hanover, PA.

What shipping method is used?
Packages are typically delivered via USPS Standard Mail, and usually do not come with a delivery confirmation / tracking number unless you contact customer service and request one, even then it's slightly YMMV. Ypu can track packages here.

I ordered on X and my order is still processing!?
Before your order will ship they need to validate your information and that they have the items in stock. This can take a little bit of time, especially with the assumed increase in sign-ups due to this thread . We've seen orders take anywhere from hours to weeks, though after a few days you may want to contact customer service.

One (or more) of my enrollment titles are back-ordered... now what?
If one (or more) titles in your enrollment order are back-ordered they can prevent the order from shipping for up to 9 business days. After that cutoff date if the title(s) are still not in stock they'll ship the rest of the enrollment order that is in stock. This is only for enrollment orders! For normal or commitment orders they'll be shipped if their in stock and paid for.

How do the Directors Selection Titles work?
Roughly every 3 weeks (and then a few extra times a year), CH will send out a Directors Selection Title(s). You have until a certain date (specified in the mailer) to contact CH and let them know you don't want the title. If you do not contact them you will be charged the full amount and the title will be shipped to you. You can contact CH to let them know you don't want the title online, by regular mail or by calling customer service.

I just signed up and when I log in I'm told I've already responded to the Directors Selection title?
Depending on when you sign up, the system may automatically put you down as "Declined" for a Directors Selection, due to the fact that you weren't a member when the Directors Selection title was announced/offered.

Where do I set my account to automatically decline Directors Selection
There is no way for you to set your account so that it will automatically decline all Directors Selection titles. However once you've fulfilled your commitment, you can use the Contact form to request your account be set it to always decline Directors Selections.

Can I have two accounts in CH at the same time?
BR.com members have reported that you can have two accounts active at the same time (same addresses, etc), but use a different username/password. Also, once you've reached your commitment you could potentially cancel an account and re-join using the same information (though it appears CH is doing some additional checks before approving multiple accounts)

I'm from _____ can I join Columbia House?
At this membership to Columbia House is limited to customers residing in the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, APO and FPO addresses will receive a separate offers.

Do titles which initially came with slips, still come with them?
It's pretty much a YMMV., some members have had success getting slipcovers, others have not :\

I joined, but now I'm having second thoughts and want to cancel?
Columbia House offers what they call a 'Risk Free Offer', which means when your initial order ships to you it will include a copy of the membership agreement. Within 10 days of receiving your initial order you can cancel by returning all titles (unopened). CH will pay for the shipping and you will be credited/refunded.

Do I have to have a credit/debit card to join?
No, you can select the "Bill Me" option when you sign-up which will allow you to join without actually having a credit/debit card.

What is the S/H Fee per title?
It appears that the S/H Fee per title (initial order excluded) is $2.99 for the first title and $1.99 for each title after that. Box Sets and Multi-Disc selections are slightly different with 3 disc selections being $5.99 S/H; 4 disc selections being $6.99 and 5+ disc selections being $7.99
In addition to the S/H fee you will be charged sales tax, based upon the rate for your state.

How does the Bill Me payment option work?
When your title(s) ship you'll have an invoice with them. At that time you can pay by Credit Card, Check and/or Paypal.

CH in the past used to have special Manufactured by Columbia House type branding, do they still do that?
CH no longer does this, well at least for their DVD's and BDs.
The way of entering a sale code has changed and I will try to update it. If someone does it before me I will add it to this post.

Last edited by bigjim25; 07-24-14 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

You might want to update the info about entering codes.
Old 03-22-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
You might want to update the info about entering codes.
I made that note at the end of the first post and will do it. I have 5 doctor appointments in the nest 2 weeks (all over an hour drive one way) so I don't time right now but if so one else wants to PM me or post in this thread I will add it to the 1st post.
Old 03-22-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kory
Bummer. How long ago was the B1G1F on Blu-rays? That sounds like a pretty sweet sale.
There was a B1G1F on BDs in early March last year, but it didn't have free shipping. I believe that there was another later in the year but I didn't take advantage of it because I was hoping for free shipping, so I don't have records.

So far as I am aware, the last B1G1F plus free shipping that worked with Blu-ray Discs as freebies was more than a year ago. It would appear that Columbia House is disinclined to offer such deals again.

I have one more fulfillment to buy by February of next year so I am going to wait for at least awhile longer and hope for a new B1G1F sale offer that works on BDs.
Old 03-22-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lizard
There was a B1G1F on BDs in early March last year, but it didn't have free shipping. I believe that there was another later in the year but I didn't take advantage of it because I was hoping for free shipping, so I don't have records.

So far as I am aware, the last B1G1F plus free shipping that worked with Blu-ray Discs as freebies was more than a year ago. It would appear that Columbia House is disinclined to offer such deals again.
I agree, Lizard, which is why I won't be opening a new account anytime soon. It amazes me that they haven't tried pushing for more BD business...

Well, I have one of those accounts that has no director's selections and no fulfillments, so I'll always have that account open. But I'll probably close my TV account after my last fulfillment is completed...
Old 03-22-10, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get A Free DVD For Every DVD You Buy

20100322DT1D

Good until 3/25. No Free Shipping works with DVD and TV Clubs (but doesn't work with the cheap BD's)

Last edited by FrehleyCat; 03-22-10 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 07:30 AM
Banned

^ ^ ^

Thanks, Frehley. Used it to get a blu & DVD at decent price but nothing spectacular (maybe saved $2 on each).

Disappointed that the new code doesn't work with the cheap blu's since I found out late about that deal & would have liked to place a few more orders at an average of $7-$8 for the qualifying blus + the new release DVDs.

Still, the code you posted is appreciated even if its use is diminished somewhat. Too bad they're not doing the 3 for $60 Blu deal right now...it would be great to combine this code with that deal (although I think someone posted that the "New CH" will only allow 1 free DVD with that deal rather than the previous 3.

Good deals from CH are getting scarce as hen's teeth.
Old 03-23-10, 11:33 AM

FREE SHIPPING!

60% off and free shipping if you simply choose The Blind Side Blu-ray as your quailfying purchase. You won't see a banner about free shipping, but shipping is set to $1.98 no matter how many appear on your order when you go to checkout.!!! Too bad CH is so overpriced on the Blu-ray discs in general. I think any BD they sell is about 30% higher than any store except Borders.
Old 03-24-10, 09:55 AM

There is now 40% off blu-rays...wish there was a free shipping code--might have actually ordered Breaking Bad S1 on Blu.
Old 03-24-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by servantX
FREE SHIPPING!

60% off and free shipping if you simply choose The Blind Side Blu-ray as your quailfying purchase. You won't see a banner about free shipping, but shipping is set to $1.98 no matter how many appear on your order when you go to checkout.!!! Too bad CH is so overpriced on the Blu-ray discs in general. I think any BD they sell is about 30% higher than any store except Borders.
It's not working for me.
Old 03-24-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FrehleyCat
Get A Free DVD For Every DVD You Buy

20100322DT1D

Good until 3/25. No Free Shipping works with DVD and TV Clubs (but doesn't work with the cheap BD's)
Neither is this.
Old 03-24-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The B1G1F code 20100322DT1D seems to stack with the current site-wide 40% off Blu-ray Discs.

A $34.95 MSRP BD is $20.97 and would qualify for fulfillment and a free DVD. Lower priced BDs with sale prices below $19.95 don't seem to work with B1G1F, as has been reported by others.

Not a great deal, but if one is desperate, it is better than nothing.
Old 03-24-10, 07:37 PM

Is anyone getting the B1G1 code to work? I've tried so many combos, cleared my cookies, etc, and can't get it to go. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-24-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The whole site is fucking up for me right now. None of the Blu-rays are showing the 40% discount, and it won't let me remove items from my cart either, even though it says "this item has been removed from your cart" after I click the remove button. The item(s) are still there!
Old 03-25-10, 01:22 AM
Cool New Member

the b1g1 works for me just fine with the 40% off blu rays. my problem is that I dont want free DVD's anymore. anytime I can think of one its usually cheap anyways so I don't save anything. i only like new releases on blu ray

any ideas why pulp fiction isnt offered by the way?
Old 03-25-10, 03:15 AM

pulp fiction is owned by disney
Old 03-25-10, 11:33 AM

I don't get it. I put the code in, it says it's applied, the banner up top changes, but the price never goes to $0 on the B1G1. I've tried everything I can.
Old 03-25-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 812crew
I don't get it. I put the code in, it says it's applied, the banner up top changes, but the price never goes to $0 on the B1G1. I've tried everything I can.
what are the items in your cart?
Old 03-25-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

If you are doing the buy 1 Blu-ray get 1 DVD deal, you need to make sure that the Blu-ray is more expensive than the DVD.

I tried it with a $17.95 Blu-ray and a $17.95 DVD and it would not work. Pairing more expensive Blu-rays, resulted in the DVDs going to zero. Hope this helps.

BTW - the shipping is ridiculous, and just about kills any deal. $9 to ship 4 movies????
Old 03-25-10, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is anyone getting the B1G1 code to work? I've tried so many combos, cleared my cookies, etc, and can't get it to go. What am I doing wrong?
I can't get it to work either. It's not just you...
Old 03-25-10, 12:52 PM

I didn't even get that it applied

The Promotional Code 20100322DT1D is not valid
Your Shopping Cart
Old 03-25-10, 01:40 PM

I can get it to work just fine, but I can't think of any DVDs I want.

Edit: Found something.

Picked up the "Goodfellas" Blu-ray DigiBook and "Vertigo" 2-disc Universal Legacy Series DVD for $25.95 shipped. Not too shabby.

Edit again: Also decided to pick up the "Batman" Blu-ray Digibook and "Psycho" 2-disc Universal Legacy Series DVD for $25.95 shipped.

Last edited by Kory; 03-25-10 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-25-10, 03:16 PM

Because people have been using the code with different rates of success I decided to try again.

The next time I tried it took the code and I submitted the order. The screen changed as if it took the order but the two items were in my cart. No e-mail was received. I called CH and they told me no order came through.

I logged out and then deleted all browser info. I logged back in and there were the two items in the cart but with a higher price. I deleted the items in the cart.

I waited a while and tried a third time. This time it took the code and the order went through. Confirmation e-mail was right there.

Point of interest: The blu-ray I ordered was one of the 40% off ones and the DVD I ordered had a higher price then the blu-ray (the 40% off price).
Old 03-25-10, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
I can get it to work just fine, but I can't think of any DVDs I want.

Edit: Found something.

Picked up the "Goodfellas" Blu-ray DigiBook and "Vertigo" 2-disc Universal Legacy Series DVD for $25.95 shipped. Not too shabby.

Edit again: Also decided to pick up the "Batman" Blu-ray Digibook and "Psycho" 2-disc Universal Legacy Series DVD for $25.95 shipped.

Don't forget about Rear Window.
Old 03-25-10, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Don't forget about Rear Window.
I appreciate the heads up. I actually already got that one though for $2.99 when I signed up. I have one of those accounts where I get no director's selections and have no obligation to order further titles, and they let me choose two at $2.99 when I signed up, and that was one of them.

That's my main reason for choosing these as my "free" titles, actually. Are those the only three Hitchcock titles released in this series?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.