Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

2 Sony Bluray players...both go on when remote is pressed?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-14, 12:33 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

so i slightly upgraded an old Sony Blu-ray player to a BDP-S3200. it was about time i got a better one for man cave. so i am going to use one as a stand-alone player for Blu-ray tv shows. the other for movies. this week i was off i found it very annoying to keep changing the discs from tv show to movie. more just OCD than anything else.

anyway, they are both hooked next to each other. since they are both Sony i assume they work on the same remote functions. so when i press power for one, they both come on, go off, etc...
also, since Sony smart tv it goes to that input and i want just one to work and not other...

is there anyway to use my MX-500 remote to only turn on the specific player i want and not both?

i hope that makes sense...
Old 02-20-14, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 2 Sony Bluray players...both go on when remote is pressed?

I had a similar problem with a Panasonic Blu-ray player and a much older Kenwood DVD player. Check the settings on both menu interfaces...my BD player had the ability to accept one of three different remote inputs. I changed it over and the problem disappeared.
Old 02-20-14, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
I had a similar problem with a Panasonic Blu-ray player and a much older Kenwood DVD player. Check the settings on both menu interfaces...my BD player had the ability to accept one of three different remote inputs. I changed it over and the problem disappeared.
thanks RM, but i don't think my player has that option...or at least i can't find it
Old 02-20-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Not a lot you can do. A new Sony dvd player combined with a 15 year old one will do the same thing. Sony Blu-ray players have different remote signal that the dvd players use. Right now I'm using Sony BD player with Sony dvd player and don't have the problems. For the many, many years I ran two Sony 5 disc changers, I would turn on the first player using the button on the player itself, when switching to the second player, I hit power button on remote, first one would turn off and second one would turn on. When done watching had to turn second player off on the player itself. I know it sucks. Couldn't use resume play either, hitting play to resume would turn the other player on.
Old 02-20-14, 03:55 PM

yeah, if there is nothing that can be done, it's ok. just thought i would ask. it won't be a big deal overall. just an annoying bug that my OCD goes on overcharge about.
Old 02-21-14, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are ways to do this with any product (using IR control devices), but they aren't cheap or simple to set up.

I glanced at the manual, and it doesn't seem to have the ability to use separate remote codes. Is there any app-control for your players with an Android or iOS app? That could potentially be specified to each player for separate control.
Old 02-21-14, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
There are ways to do this with any product (using IR control devices), but they aren't cheap or simple to set up.

I glanced at the manual, and it doesn't seem to have the ability to use separate remote codes. Is there any app-control for your players with an Android or iOS app? That could potentially be specified to each player for separate control.
there is an app for iPhone actually for new Blu player. but i think i can deal with manual shutoff/on for now. we'll see how it goes...
Old 02-23-14, 10:05 AM

so i downloaded and registered for the TV SideView app on iPhone. it works and controls the new blu-ray player completely, but it i don't keep my phone with me at all times so it would still be a hassle, but the manual on/off will work for now. was gonna exchange for a Samsung, but i like Sony and this does more than that would have...
Old 10-05-18, 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=OldBoy;12019302]thanks RM, but i don't think my player has that option...or at least i can't find it [/QUOTE
the dvd players do the same thing IRRITATING
Old 10-05-18, 01:27 AM

It's driving me nuts