Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon $5 Coupon: The Jungle Book (Two-Disc Diamond Edition:Blu-ray / DVD + DC)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-08-13, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon has a $5 coupon for The Jungle Book here. Scheduled for release February 2014.

Coupon should be valid through 11/14.
Old 11-08-13, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Amazon $5 Coupon: The Jungle Book (Two-Disc Diamond Edition:Blu-ray / DVD + DC)

ugh. That new $35 threshold ruins any chance of me placing a placeholder on this.
Old 11-08-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Amazon $5 Coupon: The Jungle Book (Two-Disc Diamond Edition:Blu-ray / DVD + DC)

Anyone know how long this $5 off coupon will last?

I hope at least through the weekend since I got Prime recently (but haven't had 1 moment of time to order anything or check out their Prime video streaming). From what I heard, as long as you haven't used Prime you can get a refund. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a little time to decide.

Of course preordering from Amazon isn't that great any more apart from not having to rush to Target (or Walmart if they put it out in a timely manner) on Tuesday morning to get 1 of the 4-12 copies they have for the week. Why? Since Amazon never beats competitors but simply matches them (or sometimes has a price $1-$2 higher) and charges tax too, I can do better with Target and the RC. The only positive on this is the extra $5 off coupon gives this one a chance of being slightly cheaper than retail. And as usual, if Amazon does PM the lowest B&M store when this is released, they usually won't do it until Sunday-Tuesday so that if you have Prime it will have already shipped and you can't stop it if they don't PM.
Old 11-08-13, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
ugh. That new $35 threshold ruins any chance of me placing a placeholder on this.
I'm with you on that.
Old 11-08-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

It always drops in price by the time of release date, Amazon will likely match the best price out there and you will still get the $5 coupon.
Old 11-08-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewCrew
It always drops in price by the time of release date, Amazon will likely match the best price out there and you will still get the $5 coupon.
They're talking about the $35 limit for free shipping, not the current cost of the BD. In this situation, it would be better if the starting price was more than $35.
Old 11-08-13, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Here's a $0.07 filler item to get you over the threshold:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0038YY2GS/

Your Free Shipping stays intact, even as they lower the price due to the Pre-Order guarantee.
Old 11-08-13, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheBang
Here's a $0.07 filler item to get you over the threshold:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0038YY2GS/

Your Free Shipping stays intact, even as they lower the price due to the Pre-Order guarantee.
But would it not be a pain to try and cancel the movie pre-order since you have already received the other part of the order, and free shipping to boot?

I have only cancelled an order once after part of the order had already shipped. It may have changed since then, or maybe I did something wrong, but I seem to remember having to contact Amazon to do so. Luckily I did not get charged shipping on the item that had already shipped. But I doubt Amazon would make it a habit of letting people do this.
Old 11-09-13, 03:35 AM

In for this pre-order. Stupid how they consider the coupon same as a gift credit. I had $27 or so in credit and it shows that plus the $5 but if I want to put the whole order on my card, it takes away the couppn.
Old 11-09-13, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by goblin23
In for this pre-order. Stupid how they consider the coupon same as a gift credit. I had $27 or so in credit and it shows that plus the $5 but if I want to put the whole order on my card, it takes away the couppn.
It is annoying, but you can work around it by placing a preorder on something else first to use the credit, then order the item with the coupon. Cancel the first order afterwards to free up your credit again.
Old 11-09-13, 12:50 PM

Re. the last few posts (not going to quote them all since there is no multi-quote option and repeatedly editing the message is tedious).

I'm amazed that there is a 7 cent free shipping item that is not considered an add-on item. That's ideal for doing this, and even though I have Prime now (haven't started using it yet) I'm inclined to place the preorder with normal free shipping + this 7 cent item. Last time I did something like this I chose the ship items together option (which is usually but not always honored) and most importantly chose an empty but not expired CC I have on file, so if they do try to ship the 7 cent item it'll stop them and I'll have a few days to decide if I want to fix it and let it ship or dump the preorder completely. And yes, the last post is accurate as the workaround to having credit that I will also have to use now. I've complained to Amazon many times over the years about it and it's clear they like it this way and never intend to change it. I can't count how many times I've done this workaround and ordered something bogus, something I want, and then cancelled the bogus order. Fortunately I don't believe Amazon counts those cancellations against you.

Oh and to make things worse, apparently when The Jungle Book BD was first posted by Amazon with the $5 coupon it was $27.29 BEFORE COUPON and then they jacked it to $34.99, but chances are good that some B&M will have it for $27.99 or less on release week forcing Amazon to lower the price again.
Old 11-09-13, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Re. the last few posts (not going to quote them all since there is no multi-quote option and repeatedly editing the message is tedious).

I'm amazed that there is a 7 cent free shipping item that is not considered an add-on item. That's ideal for doing this, and even though I have Prime now (haven't started using it yet) I'm inclined to place the preorder with normal free shipping + this 7 cent item. Last time I did something like this I chose the ship items together option (which is usually but not always honored) and most importantly chose an empty but not expired CC I have on file, so if they do try to ship the 7 cent item it'll stop them and I'll have a few days to decide if I want to fix it and let it ship or dump the preorder completely. And yes, the last post is accurate as the workaround to having credit that I will also have to use now. I've complained to Amazon many times over the years about it and it's clear they like it this way and never intend to change it. I can't count how many times I've done this workaround and ordered something bogus, something I want, and then cancelled the bogus order. Fortunately I don't believe Amazon counts those cancellations against you.

Oh and to make things worse, apparently when The Jungle Book BD was first posted by Amazon with the $5 coupon it was $27.29 BEFORE COUPON and then they jacked it to $34.99, but chances are good that some B&M will have it for $27.99 or less on release week forcing Amazon to lower the price again.
You make less and less sense every day.

Also there is a multi quote feature.
Old 11-09-13, 04:14 PM

Regarding my spewage above, I learned that if you have Prime you can't force the filler item and preorder BD to ship together. No matter what you select it'll ship separately. So the order was placed using a Sub-Prime family member's account.

And why did I choose not to do it in my account when I have Prime now? Because I'm weird. No, because I believe Amazon starts the shipping process as early as Friday for Prime people making it impossible to wait until Sunday-Monday to cancel when you can see if Amazon PMs the weakly B&M ads, whereas whenever I ordered as a Sub-Prime person it almost never entered the shipping state until Tuesday.
Originally Posted by whotony
You make less and less sense every day.
Also there is a multi quote feature.
Oh. That little icon. Thanks. If I make less sense every day, I'll blame it on work making me tired.
If I annoy you so much, hopefully DVD Talk has an ignore feature and you should put me on it. That way you don't need to complain about my complaining. :-)
Old 11-09-13, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

And why did I choose not to do it in my account when I have Prime now? Because I'm weird. No, because I believe Amazon starts the shipping process as early as Friday for Prime people making it impossible to wait until Sunday-Monday to cancel when you can see if Amazon PMs the weakly B&M ads, whereas whenever I ordered as a Sub-Prime person it almost never entered the shipping state until Tuesday.
Over the years in hundreds of orders, I've only had one Tuesday release pre-order get charged and shipped out on a Friday. I believe it was a Disney Blu-ray but that is not a common occurrence. You will usually have until at least Saturday afternoon, at the very minimum, to cancel a media pre-order.
Old 11-09-13, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

My amazon prime tuesday orders still havent gone into shipping mode so I cqn still cancel if I want.
Old 11-12-13, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by tbender
It is annoying, but you can work around it by placing a preorder on something else first to use the credit, then order the item with the coupon. Cancel the first order afterwards to free up your credit again.
Good to know, thanks!

Regarding my spewage above, I learned that if you have Prime you can't force the filler item and preorder BD to ship together. No matter what you select it'll ship separately. So the order was placed using a Sub-Prime family member's account.
Why would you even need a filler item if you have Prime yourself or Prime under someone elses account?
Old 02-06-14, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For now, my Amazon order still sits at $23.96 after the $5 coupon

Best Buy is going to have it for $22.99

Target is going to have a "book" version of it for $24.99

Walmart is going to have it for $19.96

What's everyone doing? Staying with Amazon in hopes of them pricematching one of the other vendors or canceling and picking up somewhere else?
Old 02-06-14, 11:42 AM
pgm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the coupon? I don't see how to clip it. Thanks!
Old 02-06-14, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Going with the Target exclusive book myself. I have most, if not all of the other Target/Disney BD books, so I might as well get this one too.
Old 02-06-14, 12:09 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

As mentioned on another thread, Deep Discount has it for $17.99. Free shipping on orders over $25.
Old 02-06-14, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts

Best Buy will have it for $22.99 next week. I think if you ordered it from Amazon and got the $5 coupon, you're going to be better off (or at least as well off) keeping your current order.
Old 02-06-14, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm committed to my Amazon order. Besides the coupon, I have a $5.55 promo credit on the order. I have no recollection what that's from...
Old 02-09-14, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazon dropped their price to match Best Buy. I'll stick with the $17.99 price now.
Old 02-10-14, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm committed to my Amazon order. Besides the coupon, I have a $5.55 promo credit on the order. I have no recollection what that's from...
Funny. I've got the coupon and a $5 giftcard applied to mine, which I don't remember using at all either. I haven't the faintest clue where that one came from, but it knocks my total down to $12.99 now, so I'm more than happy with it!
Old 02-11-14, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Amazon dropped their price to match Best Buy. I'll stick with the $17.99 price now.
And Amazon just dropped their price to match Wal-Mart's $19.99 price.

$14.99 now after the coupon!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.