The Originals (The CW) -- The Vampire Diaries Spinoff -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-03-13, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Synopsis:

KLAUS MIKAELSON, THE ORIGINAL VAMPIRE/WEREWOLF HYBRID, RETURNS TO NEW ORLEANS IN THIS SPIN-OFF OF "THE VAMPIRE DIARIES" - Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan), the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, has returned to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - the city his family helped build 300 years ago. Determined to help his brother, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) leaves their sister Rebekah (Claire Holt) behind and follows Klaus. Elijah learns that the beautiful and rebellious werewolf Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) - Klaus' onetime flame - has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie Deveraux (Daniella Pineda). When Sophie reveals some life-changing news, Elijah realizes that the Original family may have been given a second chance at humanity and redemption. Klaus, however, is more intrigued by his recent unexpected reunion with his former protege, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), a charismatic but diabolical vampire who now has total control over the supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Klaus vows to reclaim what was once his - the power, the city and his family. The series also stars Leah Pipes as Cami and Danielle Campbell as Davina. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by executive producer Julie Plec and co-executive producer Michael Narducci (#102.)

This is a special airing. Moves to Tuesday at 8pm next week.

This is a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries (for those who don't know about this). The backdoor Pilot aired as an episode of that show last season.

Preview:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WTKj52BUEeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-03-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Originals -- Series Premiere -- "Always and Forever" -- 10/03/13

Klaus got really annoying on TVD, so I'm glad he's off that show. Assuming he's pretty much an anti-hero on this show.

I do like Rebekah and Elijah. And I like Phoebe Tonkin. Should be interesting to see a different take on TVD with nobody really good per se.

Strange scheduling, this episode will re-air next Thursday

Last edited by DJariya; 10-03-13 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Bump, airing at 9pm for the East
Old 10-03-13, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

How can anyone root for Klaus? I think its time to test his immortality. Let's place is head, torso, arms, legs in to 6 different safes and drop them around the world in the oceans. If he can come back from that I will bow down before him and let him snap my neck.
Old 10-04-13, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
How can anyone root for Klaus?
I wanted him off Vampire Diaries so a show with him being the main character could be troublesome, shall have to see. He's not good, not even remotely.
Old 10-04-13, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

I saw this last night

Thought it was an okay start. If you've never seen The Vampire Diaries, I can't imagine you would be interested in seeing this. I did like the New Orleans setting and seeing a lot of the old Vampire mythology.

However, Klaus is such an asshole. I just wanted to punch him everytime he was on screen. I did like that Elijah was an integral part of the episode and seemed to carry it.

Not sure how I feel about this pregnancy storyline with Hayley, which carried over from The Vampire Diaries (which at least them having a fling on that show). I did enjoy seeing how pissed it made Klaus.
Old 10-04-13, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have to catch this whenever it re-airs. i would watch phoebe tonkin lisp her way through the phone book.
Old 10-04-13, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
i have to catch this whenever it re-airs. i would watch phoebe tonkin lisp her way through the phone book.
In Boston at least they're re-airing tonight at 8 so "check your local listings".
Old 10-04-13, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love Klaus. I'll admit it.

I enjoyed it well enough. I think New Orleans is a great location for the show. Hopefully, it will get even better.
Old 10-05-13, 03:49 AM

Why is this being moved from Thu to Tue?
Old 10-08-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "House of the Rising Son" -- 10/08/13

Synopsis:

A FLASHBACK TO THE 1800s - When Rebekah (Claire Holt) arrives in New Orleans at her brother Elijah's (Daniel Gillies) insistence, she meets Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), who gives her some unexpected news. Concerned that her brother Klaus is up to no good, Rebekah seeks help from a reluctant Sophie (Daniella Pineda.) At her wits' end, Hayley takes matters into her own hands, but things quickly take a dangerous turn. Determined to uncover Marcel's (Charles Michael Davis) secret weapon, Klaus stays one step ahead and executes his plan. Meanwhile, after a run-in with Marcel, Rebekah is reminded of all the anger and disappointment Klaus has caused her throughout the years. Finally, Marcel enlists Davina's (Danielle Campbell) help in his own dangerous plan. Leah Pipes also stars. Brad Turner directed the episode written by Diane Ademu-John and Declan de Barra (#101).

New night. The 1st episode aired last Thursday after The Vampire Diaries. This is where it will be the rest of the season.
Old 10-10-13, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Originals -- "House of the Rising Son" -- 10/08/13

I thought this was pretty good. At least on par with vampire diaries.
Old 10-12-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am really loving this show. The Originals are more interesting on their own than on The Vampire Diaries. I hope the ratings get better.

Glad Rebekah is back in town.

Watching this and American Horror Story:Coven has made me very homesick for New Orleans. I got to take a trip soon.
Old 10-12-13, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I find interesting is that there aren't any good people on the show. Everyone has killed multiple people for minor reasons or just for kicks. So we have a situation of Bad vs Evil or maybe Bad vs Bad.
Old 10-12-13, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
What I find interesting is that there aren't any good people on the show. Everyone has killed multiple people for minor reasons or just for kicks. So we have a situation of Bad vs Evil or maybe Bad vs Bad.
I was thinking the same thing. This show is basically about a bunch of murdering monsters. It can be interesting to watch yet in their universe every vampire is basically and ticking time bomb. Some actively kill innocent people while others stopped for a time yet may continue again at any moment so if their entire lines were wiped out one day that likely would not be a bad thing.

It does help to have at least one good or gray area character as a lead.
Old 10-12-13, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Doesnt make much since that the witches wont leave. They say they practice ancestral magic and can only be done there, yet if they practice magic at all they die. I think they should move and start letting people die somewhere else creating a new ancestral hot spot.
Old 10-13-13, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Doesnt make much since that the witches wont leave. They say they practice ancestral magic and can only be done there, yet if they practice magic at all they die. I think they should move and start letting people die somewhere else creating a new ancestral hot spot.
At least they gave a reason even thought it's still ridiculous. Move and learn a new type of magic which other witches can do. Better then being stuck in a dangerous place with no magic at all.
Old 10-13-13, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Although she hasn't gotten much screen time Hailey's not evil. Somewhere along the way, she's killed somebody to trigger the werewolf curse but it could have been an accident or by coercion. And there's always Elijah, who at least tries.

On a side note: Doesn't anyone in New Orleans have eyes and ears in Mystic Falls. Everyone there knows how to kill an Original but that also kills their offspring.
Old 10-15-13, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "Tangled Up in Blue" -- 10/15/13

Synopsis:

Tangled up in Blue" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

BETRAYAL AT THE MASQUERADE BALL - After discovering interesting news about someone in Marcel's (Charles Michael Davis) inner circle, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) come together to attempt to unravel Marcel's empire from within in spite of Elijah's (Daniel Gillies) concerns. They enlist help from Sophie (Daniella Pineda), who is reluctant to get involved for fear of the wrath of Marcel's secret weapon, Davina (Danielle Campbell). Rebekah sneakily invites an oblivious Cami (Leah Pipes) to a huge vampire party thrown by Marcel, managing to anger Marcel in the process. Elsewhere, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) learns from the witch Sabine (guest star Shannon Kane) that the supernatural creatures of New Orleans are reacting to the potential existence of a hybrid baby. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson (#103).
Old 10-22-13, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk God

The Originals -- "Girl in New Orleans (FKA Interview with the Vampire)" -- 10/22/13

Synopsis:

"Girl in New Orleans" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

WOMAN ON A MISSION - With the annual Dauphine Street music festival around the corner, Davina (Danielle Campbell), itching for a night out, convinces Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) to let her attend. Marcel cautiously obliges but asks Cami (Leah Pipes) to keep a watchful eye on Davina. Agnes (guest star Karen Kaia Livers) convinces Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) to visit a mysterious doctor in the bayou where she makes a shocking discovery. Meanwhile, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) takes a special interest in Cami, who reveals some alarming information about her past, and a determined Rebekah (Claire Holt) is on a mission to get to the bottom of a recent strange encounter involving Elijah (Daniel Gillies.) Daniella Pineda also stars. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Michelle Paradise and Michael Narducci (#104).
Old 10-22-13, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts
Re: The Originals -- "Girl in New Orleans (FKA Interview with the Vampire)" -- 10/22/

Fka?
Old 10-22-13, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Originals -- "Girl in New Orleans (FKA Interview with the Vampire)" -- 10/22/

Originally Posted by whotony
Fka?
Formerly Known As.

They changed the name of the episode title. Not that it matters. Probably should have left that out.
Old 10-22-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Formerly Known As.

They changed the name of the episode title. Not that it matters. Probably should have left that out.
Damn Tom Cruise!!!!

... no that's cool u mentioned it.
Old 10-22-13, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Hope show gets better, I've been bored so far.
Old 10-23-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was the bomb yo. Wolf girl running from witches. Black and white brothers talking to people big pimpin style. A boy with a violin plays it like the guy from revenge of the nerds. Don't get no better than this.

This show makes my blood boil. Only thing that would make this better is crystal meth.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.